Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is arc?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 08, 2013
I've seen the word "arc" occasionally throughout the message board and I'm not sure what it exactly means. From what I've seen, it's the different stages of the game (1st wc-ds, 2nd cl-az, and 3rd kh-...). Is that correct?

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
David DeathFlame on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
I've seen the word "arc" occasionally throughout the message board and I'm not sure what it exactly means. From what I've seen, it's the different stages of the game (1st wc-ds, 2nd cl-az, and 3rd kh-...). Is that correct?
That is correct. I don't know how the word arc came around, but it is what everyone uses for the worlds in a main villain's story line. But you got the 2nd arc wrong. It is Celestia-Khrysalis. There is no 3rd arc so far. There are also side arcs (Grizzleheim, Aquila, and Wisteria). While these side arcs are not giant, and are usually one world arc, they are still considered an arc. Hope this helps!

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A story arc is the main continuing story in the game. The first arc was us trying to twart Malisdaire from Wizard City to Dragonspyre. The second arc was Morganthe from Celestia to Khrysalis. Once we defeat her the third arc will begin, who knows what it holds for our wizards.

Historian
May 06, 2009
David DeathFlame on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
You have it partially correct, but you're a little off. An Arc, or Chapter, is the lenght of 1 story in the Wizard101 story. You have 2 kinds of Arc's: Main Arcs and Side Arcs.

A Main Arc is the story you follow since entering the game going forward. They extend the level cap and are typically 5 worlds long. We have seen 2 Arc's so far:

The Malistaire Story is the first story, which took place in Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, MooShu, and Dragonspyre
And the Morganthe Story is the second story, which takes place in Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca and Khrysalis

There are more Main Arcs to come!

Side Arcs are stories that completely culminate themselves without interfering with the Main Arc. They are not needed to be completed by the Wizard, but usually contain unique loot and quests for your leisure. There are 3 Side Arcs so far:

Grizzlehiem&Wintertusk- two worlds in 1 in which the Wizard is sent to help the Bears and Wolves stop the Coven, Ravens, from unleashing the Everwinter, which will cover the Spiral in eternal winter

Wysteria- a world once covered by vines now hosting Pigswick Academy, a rivaling school of Ravenwood and hosts the annual Tournament Games.

Aquila- an ancient and ruined realm of legends and monsters. The great Immortals of Aquila invite all challengers of the Spiral to come and compete in the perilous Immortal Games.

It is assumed more side stories will appear in the future.

Hope this helps!

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Arc=Story Line
We've had 2 story lines in the game so far, the first and the second, The first being the struggle with Malistaire, the second being to stop Morganthe. :)

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
first it's malistaire, then it's morganthe and malistaire the undying

Destiny Thunderblade