Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

5 small things Pirate101 has that W101 should

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 11, 2009
Despite being the newer game, Pirate101 has a few small things in it that have yet to be implemented into Wizard101 that, while aren't necessary, make the game a little better.

5.) Different loading screens- So far, Pirate101 has at least 8 different loading screens. I can't see why this shouldn't be a trend across both games. It's far more enjoyable to observe the different screens capturing adventurous moments of Boochbeard and Ghandry than it is to see the same two wizards facing each other each time.

4.) Unique mob names- Rather than just having a type of mob share the same name with the others of its kind (ex. Monquistador, Monquistador, and Monquistador), it's nice to see ones with different and unique names (ex. Montega, Ramirez, and Juan). It's a nice feature that adds diversity and detail into the game.

3.) Leaving the game directly from a character- It's a small, but handy feature. A button that leaves the game directly from a character, rather than taking you to the character menu, and having to exit from there. It saves a few seconds of time, but it's nothing that important.

2.) Quest-type icon- I love this one. Each quest in the quest menu has an icon that shows what type of quest it is. Whether it's a Main Quest, Sidequest, trainer quest, etc. It's very helpful.

1.) Story recap- Each time you log in after a certain period of time, some of the characters will quickly recap what's going on currently in the main story. It's very helpful if you haven't played in a while, or have simply forgotten.

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
William DarkFlame on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
Despite being the newer game, Pirate101 has a few small things in it that have yet to be implemented into Wizard101 that, while aren't necessary, make the game a little better.

5.) Different loading screens- So far, Pirate101 has at least 8 different loading screens. I can't see why this shouldn't be a trend across both games. It's far more enjoyable to observe the different screens capturing adventurous moments of Boochbeard and Ghandry than it is to see the same two wizards facing each other each time.

4.) Unique mob names- Rather than just having a type of mob share the same name with the others of its kind (ex. Monquistador, Monquistador, and Monquistador), it's nice to see ones with different and unique names (ex. Montega, Ramirez, and Juan). It's a nice feature that adds diversity and detail into the game.

3.) Leaving the game directly from a character- It's a small, but handy feature. A button that leaves the game directly from a character, rather than taking you to the character menu, and having to exit from there. It saves a few seconds of time, but it's nothing that important.

2.) Quest-type icon- I love this one. Each quest in the quest menu has an icon that shows what type of quest it is. Whether it's a Main Quest, Sidequest, trainer quest, etc. It's very helpful.

1.) Story recap- Each time you log in after a certain period of time, some of the characters will quickly recap what's going on currently in the main story. It's very helpful if you haven't played in a while, or have simply forgotten.
I play Pirate101 have a max lvl musketeer and working on my swashbuckler. But I had never focused on this. Good observations

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

please no story recap it annoys me and is one of the main reasons i quit pirate101 so fast

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
please no story recap it annoys me and is one of the main reasons i quit pirate101 so fast
You could always just mute the sound for that first 30 seconds and then play as usual. Such a small thing to cost you the fun experience of another great world and fun storylines.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I rather like the story recaps. They helps me remember what main quest I'm on and it provides a little amusement when I log in. That amusement often times gives me the motivation to go questing and clear out side quests. (Which I have 13 to 14 pages of. Always lovely. ) If I've heard the recaps too many times I'll start doing main quests and if I like the current recap I'll sit around and do side quests.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010

don't get me wrong all of these sound awesome except story recap story recap is very annoying but i do love the rest

Historian
May 06, 2009
Stop being so quick to shoot things down. For our game, it could have be an advanced setting that you could choose to have on or off. Sheesh.

Historian
May 06, 2009

I really think a lot of things described here could work for our game and improve a lot of player confusion that happens. I think the story recap has been solved with the Quest Finder feature that was recently added so it could work, but isn't needed.

I think the quest-type icon and the different loading screens would be a nice feature to have.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
This is such a great idea! I hope Wizard101 adds this to the game in the Khrysalis Part 2 update. (Hopefully the Test Realm will come up during Christmas Break! )

-Nick
"When the battle gets deadly, summon a Death Shield"

Survivor
Nov 24, 2013

It is useful, but I stopped playing because of the dumb storyline and the theme.
Also, the rewards for bosses are not as good.
Alexander Wintermender

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
I wholeheartedly support 5, 4, and 2. 1 is something I don't care about either way (in fact IMO if it does exist there should be an option to disable it if desired). As for 3... It's called Alt-F4.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
i have anouther thing to add to w101 companions

Delver
Aug 26, 2012
sirkamron on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
i have anouther thing to add to w101 companions
Sorry I disagreed. While Wizard101 companions would be awesome, companions are what make Pirate101 different from most games

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
Stop being so quick to shoot things down. For our game, it could have be an advanced setting that you could choose to have on or off. Sheesh.
it's a helpful post from finnigan!

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I don't think #3, leaving directly from a character should be added, because I used to always accidently hit the quit button when I was trying to switch characters. It was seriously annoying to me.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth