Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Combat Add-Ons

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 26, 2013
I just randomly thought about is that when you are in battle there are so many different types of mobs that are throwing things at you like swords or rocks and other things. what I think would be really cool and fun to do and make the game a little bit more than a challenge is if while one of these mobs is throwing something at you, you have to dodge it. this can also kind of be like a second type of fizzle in the game. so lets take a treant mob for an example. lets say that they are using their physical attack and when they begin to throw the big boulder at you, the game goes into a slow motion and you need to either maneuver around the object being thrown or you need to click a certain amount of buttons on the screen in a short amount of time. this is also somewhat like the combat mode of pirate101 but you are doing all of the actions and you need to be like in the game yourself. also one more thing could be is that if you have a wand that is a sword and shield or a axe and shield like the Thanes Axe and Shield from the Winterbane Gauntlet or the Aquilian Gladius and Shield from the Olympian Bundle that you would be able to block certain things like smaller rocks or knives being thrown at you. you could deflect them off of your shield. one more thing is that if you have certain wands like the sword and shield/axe and shield or just a plain sword you could have different ways of hacking and slashing your mobs in battle. I think that these add-ons to the game in combat would make the game a lot more fun and kind of put all of us in the game and keep us from getting bored in doing collecting quests over and over again. lol.

Sarah SparkleCloud 95 pet warlord
Tanner DeathBlade 48

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i hate to be negative, but i'd like to list some pros and cons:
pros:
makes game more interesting
looks cool?

cons:
takes strategy out of the game
would this be pvp too? if so
makes some item that are not readily accessible to most people even better

that is all

Gabriel Ashcaller

Survivor
Oct 15, 2013
One possible balance: make this tied to a unique item (maybe even a Crowns-only item) which cannot be used in PVP. If you're not wearing the Amulet of Dodge, you never see this. If you do get one, then suddenly you have that sort of minigame-ish chance to avoid taking damage. Also, making it an Amulet means you have to prioritize between this variable damage reduction or that Mastery Amulet you probably want...