Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trouble Creating Perfect Pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2008
Having difficulty creating perfect pet somehow I been getting lack of talent I don't need. I have about Hundred of fail pet and been failing since pet gone live.
I have storm wizard, life wizard and fire.
I have pet that have the talent I want and mixed all together. I know my pet has the talents but somehow it not receiving my satisfy talent.
Perfect Pet
Storm: Storm Sniper,Proof Resist, Storm Dealer, May cast Smoke Screen, and May cast Balance blade.
Life: May cast Fairy, Proof Resist, may cast weakness, Life Sniper, Defy.
Fire: Fire dealer, proof resist, Charm Steal, fire blade and Fire sniper.

Is there any solution of getting the talent I want? I've been trying many way and soon about to give up.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
Getting a pet talent is hard, Dedication is needed (As well as gold lol) But if a pet gets a talent you do NOT like, stop training it there, do not bring it higher, one thing I recommend is finding someone with a perfect pet and hatching a string of pets with them and ONLY them, the same pet too, So lets say Pet 1 and 2 hatch (Now we have pet 3) pet 3 fails, hatch pet 1 with pet 3, then 1 with 4 etc. until it is perfect, this has brought me extremely close to a perfect and I think I'll have a perfect soon for my storm and death :)

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
MiguelThefirst on Nov 13, 2013 wrote:
Getting a pet talent is hard, Dedication is needed (As well as gold lol) But if a pet gets a talent you do NOT like, stop training it there, do not bring it higher, one thing I recommend is finding someone with a perfect pet and hatching a string of pets with them and ONLY them, the same pet too, So lets say Pet 1 and 2 hatch (Now we have pet 3) pet 3 fails, hatch pet 1 with pet 3, then 1 with 4 etc. until it is perfect, this has brought me extremely close to a perfect and I think I'll have a perfect soon for my storm and death :)
Miguel is right. If you are mixing your own pets always make safety rehatches during the process. Hatch, then train the hatchling to adult or ancient level then rehatch it with one of the parents. Always sack pet if it manifests a selfish talent. For example: I had a spider golem with proof and add balance and a beetle with double resist, balance dealer, pain giver. I wanted a spider golem with triple pain and double resist. Started hatching. Trained the golem hatchling to adult level (bringing some talents of the beetle to its talent pool) then rehatched it with the beetle. I trained the hatchling to ancient level, then rehatched it again. I needed around 20 hatches to get the pet i wanted. I suggest you to follow this process, because its a safety way to reach your goal. Good luck!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
Once I spent 40,000 gold on one o.o it was humiliating because I got a ninja pig!!!