Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I don't understand why there is crafting. I was questing with my questing buddy, then he decided to craft instead. It is now holding me up, and i am annoyed with crafting. Can someone please explain why it is so important? Thanks!

~Angela Gem

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Angela Gem on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
I don't understand why there is crafting. I was questing with my questing buddy, then he decided to craft instead. It is now holding me up, and i am annoyed with crafting. Can someone please explain why it is so important? Thanks!

~Angela Gem
Simple: because the crafted gear and items usually have much better stats than those you can find in the bazaar/shops.
If you're annoyed, how about questing on your own or with other friends? It's hardly fair to either of you to wait for the other.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Crafting is important for a couple of reasons.

First, it is just another fun thing to do. Sometimes people want a break from questing, and crafting is a fun alternative. Some people just like to make things. In Wizard101, this is one way to make things.

Second, crafted gear is often much better than gear you can buy from a vendor or at the Bazaar. You get better stats for attack and defense, and so when you do go questing, you have a better success rate.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
The reason why there is crafting is
A: Why not? We have gardening why can't we have crafting? Its a fun thing to do plus it adds reagents to the game which can be picked up. If there were no crafting I would suppose there would be no reagents, and if there were reagents with no crafting then the only thing we could do is sell them for gold.
B: Not only does crafting is a fun thing to do it also gets you gear/decor/houses/more! So he might want to get a certain item in crafting to improve his gameplay.
I could go on and on why crafting is amazing but that would take what would seem like forever, plus I have limited characters to write with. You may not like crafting but others enjoy it very much, as do they gardening. I can happily say I love gardening, yet the person next door can hate it. All opinions differ, but I do hope you to enjoy crafting as loads of people do and not think of it as annoying just for holding you up.
Your next door gardener,
Kaitlyn Goldenhorn (Adept gardener, Level 50)

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Crafting though optional is quite useful if you have the patience and enjoy the challenge. Crafting allows you the ability to craft a large variety of nearly every type of item in the game, from gear, cards, snacks, spells, houses, housing items, etc; many items that are able to be crafted are quite useful or only obtainable via crafting it. Hope that answers your question.

Survivor
May 12, 2013
Angela Gem on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:

~Angela Gem
crafting is important because it helps you make harder or more expensive things for less and you get more rare or harder to find things instead of buying them for tons of gold