Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pierce

AuthorMessage
Squire
Mar 07, 2011
One thing I've come to realize is that almost nobody understands "Pierce." That's probably because KI has never clearly explained how Pierce even works. For some reason KI likes to keep certain game mechanics a secret and let us flounder in our lack of knowledge.

Pierce is a completely useless skill unless your opponent has resist to your school of magic or has a shield up against your school of magic. Over and over I get responses like, "I've heard other people tell me that too, but I don't believe it. I think Pierce is helping me out all the time."

Well, if you don't see the "Pierce" notification when you attack a mob or boss, you aren't piercing anything.

The Devs have almost made this game revolve entirely around Pierce, maybe because of PvP, but Pierce is about the most useless skill in the spiral because either monsters have zero resist to your school or you are using prisms to bypass monster resistance altogether. And it's possibly the most useful skill in PvP because most competitors have universal resist plus shields.

Sometimes I feel like I'm watching this game crumble before my eyes. In my opinion there have been a plethora of wrong thinking going on at KI headquarters in the last year or so.