Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delay.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
Me and my brother are playing Wizard101 we have a fiber optic internet connection... (100mb/s). Anyhow. I noticed on his screen when I'm moving He doesn't see me move until around 3-4 seconds after I have... and the same thing for me too when he's moving therefore I am ahead of him and it's extremely irritating, why is this happening? Game is running smooth and we're not lagging, why is there such a delay with our movement?

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi There.

That happens if you play both games on one screen did that it annoyed me also. Computer simply can't run that much information maybe if you get better graphic card and few other things it might work for you i had rest just i buyed extra screen for me now i can play it.

If it happens on seperate computers you should fix your internet connection sometimes there is traffic jam lol. Didnt play game on seperate computer if that continues just change position of computer so you can't see it helps.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, level 90, Technomancer

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
It happens at all times, Everyone on your screen is delayed, as for him too, it isn't just you, I don't know why it happens, but I think it's to prevent certain glitches in movement so it fine tunes them before it shows them, I'm not 100% sure though.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
I've been dealing with this delay issue ever since I began to play this game.
Let's call your computer Computer A and your brother's computer Computer B.
The delay is caused due to the travel time from Computer A to KI server, KI server has to process the movement, and then it gets sent back from KI server to Computer B.
It's a far enough distance from You to KI and back that it takes a few seconds.

I think it's amazing it only takes a few seconds for the server to process this.
I mean, the server can (supposedly) be dealing with 1 million or more players at a time on a busy day.
To have the server be dealing with this many people and having the delay only be a few seconds is amazing to me.

Hope this helped explain the delay issue for you.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
This is how it has been since I started playing. The only reason I learned that what I was seeing was not what my friend was seeing was when I went to grab a reagent off the ground, was clearly the first one there, and yet my friend got the reagent. And to my friend, it looked like she got there first. It must have something to do with syncing up the game for all wizards. Otherwise they would have fixed this a long time ago.