Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where is Balance's cut of Mass prisms?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2009
What about having Balance be a Mass Dispel or Mass Curse? Just throwing ideas out there...

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
you need a prism before you can have a mass prism and since you have all school's spells, you don't need prisms

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
No what you would or should be asking is if spirit schools boost to balance why cant balance boost to those same schools like everyone else does. And how about an stun spell or attack over time spell as to me it seems they are quick to give spells that make balance special away in some way with nothing in return. They force you to pay for an amulet to use fire dragon but yet they put a -90 weakness on efreet. What about that being a smokescreen instead? And then they do the same thing and give ice another move from balance with pip removal and yet again it is better then what balance have. To me it seems like they use balance as a school to see the reaction and if it works they give it to another school without giving balance anything in return. Balance should at least boost to spirit schools. They can boost to us but we can't boost to them. Almost all spells for balance can be bought in the bazaar but things like this isn't talked about at all. All KU is interested in to me is elemental schools as they get what they want namely storm or ice and fire as well. U see storm has no weakness as they took care of accuracy and healing for storm while still giving them far greater power then even fire. No spirit school has gotten so lucky and neither has Balance.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
shadowbalance36 on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
No what you would or should be asking is if spirit schools boost to balance why cant balance boost to those same schools like everyone else does. And how about an stun spell or attack over time spell as to me it seems they are quick to give spells that make balance special away in some way with nothing in return. They force you to pay for an amulet to use fire dragon but yet they put a -90 weakness on efreet. What about that being a smokescreen instead? And then they do the same thing and give ice another move from balance with pip removal and yet again it is better then what balance have. To me it seems like they use balance as a school to see the reaction and if it works they give it to another school without giving balance anything in return. Balance should at least boost to spirit schools. They can boost to us but we can't boost to them. Almost all spells for balance can be bought in the bazaar but things like this isn't talked about at all. All KU is interested in to me is elemental schools as they get what they want namely storm or ice and fire as well. U see storm has no weakness as they took care of accuracy and healing for storm while still giving them far greater power then even fire. No spirit school has gotten so lucky and neither has Balance.
Storm has no weakness? Low accuracy, resist and extremely low health are definitely a weakness. All schools have strengths and weaknesses. Balance is supposed to be in the middle, it has less extreme strength and weakness. Balance is the perfect friend for any companion wizard. It can support anyone and help with anything.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Balance prisms could be workable and an interesting addition if done like this:

Elemental Prism = divides Balance attack into 1/3 each Fire, Ice and Storm
Spirit Prism = divides Balance attack into 1/3 each Life, Death and Myth
I would make the mass versions cost a training point though.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
seethe42 on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Balance prisms could be workable and an interesting addition if done like this:

Elemental Prism = divides Balance attack into 1/3 each Fire, Ice and Storm
Spirit Prism = divides Balance attack into 1/3 each Life, Death and Myth
I would make the mass versions cost a training point though.
I agree to that statement. I just thought we could use some kind of Mass spell.

Valkoor Ravenwielder Transcendent Sorcerer

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
seethe42 on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
Storm has no weakness? Low accuracy, resist and extremely low health are definitely a weakness. All schools have strengths and weaknesses. Balance is supposed to be in the middle, it has less extreme strength and weakness. Balance is the perfect friend for any companion wizard. It can support anyone and help with anything.
'Balance is the perfect friend for any companion wizard'. Yeah, but what balance wizard wants to tag along when their friends need help, and just do nothing in the time inbetween because they can't do solo well. And about storms weaknesses: Accuracy? Lightning Strike. Health? Healing Current. Resist? The only school with good resist is ice anyway, so everyone has problems with that. Storm has better damage with no weaknesses, which is unfair. KI focuses on the elemental schools too much. Lava Lord item card? Ice & Water Efreet? Yep, but where do you see brilliant other school spells beyond the 7 pip ones? Fire was built to have low accuracy and health for weaknesses: Low accuracy? Fire has dots, so if you fizzle, you still have a different spell doing damage. Low health? Link. And for ice, low damage and low accuracy. Low accuracy? Your enemy is most likely stunned, so it doesn't matter. Low damage? You might have low damage, but you can live long enough to hit again. But for myth, it's supposed to be a minion school, but the highest minion myth has is one that every school has. Life is a healing school, but no-one uses those unless they're about to die. Death is a drain school, but they only have 5 of those. And balance is just a mess, KI gives all the good things to the other schools, we have no dot spells, no shields, no high damage, 2 rubbish minions, 2 rubbish heals, no drains and everything else is designed for multiplayer, Donate pips? Useless. KI, you never gave balance a prism, shield or only balance school trap or blade. It's like you want people to stop playing. And if you make balance creatures have a boost to spirit spells, make spirit creatures have a balance boost. And make Spirit and balance more decent, or else I'll stop playing.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
Blaze Sandblade on Nov 7, 2013 wrote:
'Balance is the perfect friend for any companion wizard'. Yeah, but what balance wizard wants to tag along when their friends need help, and just do nothing in the time inbetween because they can't do solo well. And about storms weaknesses: Accuracy? Lightning Strike. Health? Healing Current. Resist? The only school with good resist is ice anyway, so everyone has problems with that. Storm has better damage with no weaknesses, which is unfair. KI focuses on the elemental schools too much. Lava Lord item card? Ice & Water Efreet? Yep, but where do you see brilliant other school spells beyond the 7 pip ones? Fire was built to have low accuracy and health for weaknesses: Low accuracy? Fire has dots, so if you fizzle, you still have a different spell doing damage. Low health? Link. And for ice, low damage and low accuracy. Low accuracy? Your enemy is most likely stunned, so it doesn't matter. Low damage? You might have low damage, but you can live long enough to hit again. But for myth, it's supposed to be a minion school, but the highest minion myth has is one that every school has. Life is a healing school, but no-one uses those unless they're about to die. Death is a drain school, but they only have 5 of those. And balance is just a mess, KI gives all the good things to the other schools, we have no dot spells, no shields, no high damage, 2 rubbish minions, 2 rubbish heals, no drains and everything else is designed for multiplayer, Donate pips? Useless. KI, you never gave balance a prism, shield or only balance school trap or blade. It's like you want people to stop playing. And if you make balance creatures have a boost to spirit spells, make spirit creatures have a balance boost. And make Spirit and balance more decent, or else I'll stop playing.
What about the new minion Nerys?

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
wizard7867 on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
What about the new minion Nerys?
As I mentioned with myth, every school has that.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
wizard7867 on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
What about having Balance be a Mass Dispel or Mass Curse? Just throwing ideas out there...
The new shadow spell shrike works just as well. 50% armor piercing, plus base armor piercing, negates most, if not all of an enemy's resist.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
My balance (as do many others) does just fine without mass prisms. To me, the challenge is part of the fun of the school. Just build secondary decks for your spirit and elemental spells, depending on the enemy type or build up your pierce rating.

Balance is a great school if you have the patience to learn it.