Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Xibalba: Get Real Folks!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
A Balanced Life on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Henchmen: Almost 0 damage, rely on auras and blades, waste pips, low health, bad resist.

Real Wizards: up to 110 damage, shield, use auras and blades effectively, do not waste pips, decent health, good resist.

See the difference...?
You are totally right, and no one ever suggested otherwise. It is always a lot better with real wizards, no question. And if my friends were available, I'm sure I would have gotten through easier.

The point of this thread is not about comparing henchmen to wizards though.

The point is to say that if a dungeon says you can solo it in 90 minutes, then you should be able to solo it in 90 minutes. You should not have to buy henchmen to survive and limp through 4 hours later. The henchmen should be a luxury to reduce the 90 minute time. They should not be a necessity for someone whose friends are not playing.

The point is also that a dungeon this hard does not belong in the main storyline. It would be ok if it was like Helephant, a side quest event, and telling people at the outset how long it actually takes to complete. Or if it was like that one in Marleybone that warns you it is a long dungeon and that you need friends to finish it. But those are side dungeons, and they give reasonable estimates of the time commitment involved before you go in. So they are both a) optional events, and b) events where you know before you start what you are getting into. They are not main quest line events that misrepresent the time involved and the possibility of actually doing them solo.

We need honest assessments of what we are getting into. We need a game -- or at the very least main storylines -- that can be completed realistically by anyone in the game, from a menu-chat wizard 10yrs old right on up. That is what KI promised; that is what they should deliver. But that is not currently what we have. We currently have a game that is chasing the younger, and the lighter fun family playing crowd, away, because it is getting too time consuming and too hard to complete.

What I would like, is to once again have a fun, story driven game, that my young daughter would still like to play with me. It was so nice to have a fun activity we could both enjoy. But now she rarely plays because she says it is just too hard and no fun. And even for me, the fun is getting leeched out of the game by endless battles and crazy dungeons like this one. So what I feel is a loss, and a regret for the direction this game is going. This dungeon really embodies everything about that loss. It is a wrong direction.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
A Balanced Life on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
Henchmen: Almost 0 damage, rely on auras and blades, waste pips, low health, bad resist.

Real Wizards: up to 110 damage, shield, use auras and blades effectively, do not waste pips, decent health, good resist.

See the difference...?
Hmm. I would definitely take real wizards over henchmen, however, if real wizards are not available, then henchmen become a viable option.

See the difference ...... ?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
FinnAgainWindrider on Nov 9, 2013 wrote:
You are totally right, and no one ever suggested otherwise. It is always a lot better with real wizards, no question. And if my friends were available, I'm sure I would have gotten through easier.

The point of this thread is not about comparing henchmen to wizards though.

The point is to say that if a dungeon says you can solo it in 90 minutes, then you should be able to solo it in 90 minutes. You should not have to buy henchmen to survive and limp through 4 hours later. The henchmen should be a luxury to reduce the 90 minute time. They should not be a necessity for someone whose friends are not playing.

The point is also that a dungeon this hard does not belong in the main storyline. It would be ok if it was like Helephant, a side quest event, and telling people at the outset how long it actually takes to complete. Or if it was like that one in Marleybone that warns you it is a long dungeon and that you need friends to finish it. But those are side dungeons, and they give reasonable estimates of the time commitment involved before you go in. So they are both a) optional events, and b) events where you know before you start what you are getting into. They are not main quest line events that misrepresent the time involved and the possibility of actually doing them solo.

We need honest assessments of what we are getting into. We need a game -- or at the very least main storylines -- that can be completed realistically by anyone in the game, from a menu-chat wizard 10yrs old right on up. That is what KI promised; that is what they should deliver. But that is not currently what we have. We currently have a game that is chasing the younger, and the lighter fun family playing crowd, away, because it is getting too time consuming and too hard to complete.

What I would like, is to once again have a fun, story driven game, that my young daughter would still like to play with me. It was so nice to have a fun activity we could both enjoy. But now she rarely plays because she says it is just too hard and no fun. And even for me, the fun is getting leeched out of the game by endless battles and crazy dungeons like this one. So what I feel is a loss, and a regret for the direction this game is going. This dungeon really embodies everything about that loss. It is a wrong direction.
Finn: I too have seen many of your posts about possible changes in the direction that the game has taken, and I appreciate your positive, constructive comments. Just like the others have mentioned (Ravenlady, Northlite, and others), they are losing players. I too prefer to solo the game. I do have friends who have offered to help, but the game has lost the fun feature for me. I do hope that KI is listening to all of these posts.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
AluraMist2 on Nov 10, 2013 wrote:
Finn: I too have seen many of your posts about possible changes in the direction that the game has taken, and I appreciate your positive, constructive comments. Just like the others have mentioned (Ravenlady, Northlite, and others), they are losing players. I too prefer to solo the game. I do have friends who have offered to help, but the game has lost the fun feature for me. I do hope that KI is listening to all of these posts.
Thanks Alura!

Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
hey if someone could help me do Xibalba it would be so nice been trying to do the place solo for months the friend I had we was doing the game together but his life got to busy so he is never on anymore got someone once to help he came in and said he wouldn't help unless I gave him 3000 crowns said I didn't have it and he left I am in the sunbird realm if someone would please help I am a fire wizard . I cant do it alone I have tried so many times its sad . . Please let me no if anyone will help.

My wizards name is Autumn Moonsong

Survivor
Aug 30, 2011
Can someone help with xibalba? I'll be at unicorn realm on Sunday 12/1/13 10:00 -10:10. Please Help!!!

Richard SwiftflameLevel 91