Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Tournament Types

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've heard some really amazing suggestions from our Player vs Player community about the different types of Tournaments you'd like to see, so we're introducing different Tournament Types.

Let's start with the most requested:

Classic Tournaments:
  • No pets
  • No treasure cards
  • No amulets of any kind

And now for some other interesting Tournament types:

Quick Match:
  • 10 minute match
  • Increased damage each round
  • Increased armor piercing
School Perk Tournaments:
  • Bonus to spells of a certain school.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
My storm character likes the sound of Lightning round duels.
She is definitely going to give them a try once they hit live realm

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
How about barebones tourneys? You can only cast spells in you own school, no TCs, no charms or wards, no pets, and no amulets?

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I love this new types. Finally people will stop complaining about of how overpowered this or that is...tough they will demand these changes to be implemented in PvP as well.

Historian
May 06, 2009
beastmaster202 on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
How about barebones tourneys? You can only cast spells in you own school, no TCs, no charms or wards, no pets, and no amulets?
That kinda sounds very similar to Old School tourneys, just now you're removing power-ups and making secondary and/or third-ary (is that a word?) schools off limits. I don't object so much as I'm stating how I understand it. Just reading it as "Barebones" I nearly thought it would be duel in a Tourney without any gear on. Now that would be interesting...

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
That kinda sounds very similar to Old School tourneys, just now you're removing power-ups and making secondary and/or third-ary (is that a word?) schools off limits. I don't object so much as I'm stating how I understand it. Just reading it as "Barebones" I nearly thought it would be duel in a Tourney without any gear on. Now that would be interesting...
That is a great idea- because the schools would balance out. Life heals, storm does big damage, ice has by far the most health, etc. Combining the two ideas would create a very interesting match.
By the way, i'm not sure if you didnt notice or if i misinterpreted your interpretation, but i suggested not allowing any blades, traps, wards, or weakness-like spells, either.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Good ideas, but some minor adjustments are needed.

Classic could include basic TC only, like those we can get in WC Library. It needs to restrict gear though. Eliminating pets, amulets, and TC, but allowing OP spells from Crown / pack gear is pointless. So it should be no pets, no crown/pack gear, no amulets, no over level TC

Quick match is fun, but pierce and damage are being added as an aura. That invites Balance players to hit repeatedly with Supernova, so they have a huge unfair advantage. The stat boosts must be something that can't be manipulated by players.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2013