Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tartarus gear is same as Waterworks

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
There are a few change but not nearly as changed and one might have hoped or liked. The resist stats are the in every school the damage is often less.

In my opinion a waste to try and get it. you spend all day farming and then its not as good as the coin gear no where near the great stats of the PVP this is just Waterworks gear in a new style and being passed off as an upgrade. I like the athame and ring but that is it. You might as well lower the level in that gear because honestly its junk.

I was expecting more and you guy really drop the ball on this. So just let the drops for the other stuff drop more often and I and off to see the wiz.

sorry I don't like it I wanted to.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Elder Wizard Sojo on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
There are a few change but not nearly as changed and one might have hoped or liked. The resist stats are the in every school the damage is often less.

In my opinion a waste to try and get it. you spend all day farming and then its not as good as the coin gear no where near the great stats of the PVP this is just Waterworks gear in a new style and being passed off as an upgrade. I like the athame and ring but that is it. You might as well lower the level in that gear because honestly its junk.

I was expecting more and you guy really drop the ball on this. So just let the drops for the other stuff drop more often and I and off to see the wiz.

sorry I don't like it I wanted to.
What? You call the gear junk, and say it is the same as gear you can get 40 levels ago, I don't think so. The gear is awesome, an upgrade from WW and totally worth your time to farm. The health is higher for positive, the block is higher and so is the critical, I know all these without looking because it is only logical. There are many more awesome improvements at this page, http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-gear-guides/wizard101-hades-gear-guide/ , this includes RESIST!

Saying there were few changes in the gear is invalid, as you can see the stats are increased, as a better WW gear.

And, Halston's Laboratory? This is not a problem and certainly not a bug.

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
I find the gear great for both my storm and death, my death has gotten SO much better with the hades gear and I don't even have it all yet! Same goes for my storm, he lost 7 damage, but he gained a lot of pierce, critical, pip chance, incoming heal, and more importantly UNIVERSAL resist, before I only got fire and ice resist from my hat, as for my death he got same resist, more health, double critical, lost about 5-6 damage, gained pip chance, pierce, I say its more then enough worth it, i really enjoy the new gear.
Level 90Miguel
Level 90Miguel
Level 40Miguel

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
1 year Later

Hades gear is overpowered. Thousands of people quitting, Wizard101 being ruined. Can KI do anything? No.

Back to Normal

Your saying it is underpowered. Well, wont you think storm will be overpowered. Their hoods damage should at least give 30 damage, as the Skyscream Hood gives 26.

So a few years later everyone is gonna be complaining, Strom has too much damage. So please, keep your complaints low .

(But this is just my opinion)

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
I don't see issues with the Hades Gears, its not overpowered. Also it is quite different fellow wizard cause some provide cards and also most of them provide higher numbered stats but are indeed similar to Waterworks in some way.

Kane Deathbringer Lvl 90 Death

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
Cole Dunerunner on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
1 year Later

Hades gear is overpowered. Thousands of people quitting, Wizard101 being ruined. Can KI do anything? No.

Back to Normal

Your saying it is underpowered. Well, wont you think storm will be overpowered. Their hoods damage should at least give 30 damage, as the Skyscream Hood gives 26.

So a few years later everyone is gonna be complaining, Strom has too much damage. So please, keep your complaints low .

(But this is just my opinion)
Skyscream Hood gives 20 damage.. You're thinking of the cape. Most of the hades gear for all schools is better for WaterWorks, despite a few gear decreases on a few schools.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Honestly the only real changes are the critical and block and it has few changes I was hoping for less critical (which is always blocked) I was hoping for more balanced stats like the gear in PVP. But add it up the resist is the same in most cases and the damage is worse in many.

Stakes are higher for 90+ and the bosses are stronger with more high end spells and minions aren't playing either. I hear those people who say the who thing is weak and they expected more but honestly folks you are in the minority there are a few of you who have it all and the rest are fronting. KI you have to seriously think about the new gear. Its not really getting better. Just my opinion.

I don't want to be able to pass 80 in resist after all I would be bored if it were easy. But I don't want to feel like I have to do it in groups. That's all. I want to be able to solo and sometimes doing that requires building my tank and health like ice. Not just becoming the hardest hitter like storm. But somewhere in the middle a little higher than waterworks. Not new gear new look new additions same stats.

Oh and when are you planning to give us a two power pip wand? At Level 200? Am I the only one to notice that even the Mobs are starting with as many as 8 and we have four. How is that balanced?