Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nightmare Packs are very Disappointmenting!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2013
I joined in August, In the last two and half months I have paid for a year membership, Winterbane Gauntlet, Pagoda Gauntlet, Olympian Bundle and over $200.00 in crowns. I wanted to support this game because I enjoy it so much. I was excited that this Halloween was rolling around because this is my first Halloween event. I paid for almost $60.00 in crowns just for Halloween and spent them on Nightmare packs. I was looking forward to an interesting mount and the Halloween doodle stand ups to adorn the house I bought to decorate just for Halloween. due to lack of Halloween furniture and Halloween decorations I had to make due with the default furniture which was also disappointing! What did I get for my money? one word "JUNK" lots and lots of stuff I could have farmed for or bought at the bazzar! insult to injury I saw several kids that do not even have a paid memberships running around with the rare mounts! there is no way they spent the same amount of money I had so how is that even possible!
I emailed Kingsisle they said its a matter of how they designed the packs. that there random drops. It is the same design as tangible packs of collectible cards like magic the gathering. I would like to say as an avid table top gamer. I buy collectible card games allot. If I walk into to a game store or order a box online and drop $50.00 on a whole box set of that printing of magic cards for that $50.00 you know your going to get the whole set for that release of cards and a bunch of repeats. Yes the whole box may only have one or two ultra rare cards. but you know that for spending $50.00 you will get at least one of everything! Well I didn't get one of everything I got junk over and over. none of the gear was any good, the treasure cards I could have bought in the bazzar same goes for the pet snacks. where is what I paid for? I feel like Kingsisle took my credit card numbers and stole my money! When a customer spends a certain amount of money the system should make sure that they have been taken care of because they are a good customer and spent so much money!
I believe Kingsisle owes everyone that spent more then $50.00 on nightmare packs an apology and some kind of compensation for this highway robbery! On top of that kingsisle has over 30 houses and a depressing lack of furniture and decorations for them! I check the Bazzar several times a day, I bought all the furniture in the crown shop as well as every town furniture shop. some places do not even have a furniture shop! I would be willing to pay for more furniture but there is none! There are thousands of items in game used as set props to decorate levels and areas that people could use to decorate there homes but there unavailable to the public !?
How much money dose it cost to get treated right? If a customer comes to you and says there unhappy don't you have an obligation to correct that? what ever happened to customer service and the customer is always right?
Upset and Disappointed,
[Name Removed]

Survivor
Jul 18, 2013
Professor Greyrose,
If I need to make any other changes please let me know.
I will be happy to edit the post upon your request. No needed to archive it and make me repost it. Just let me know what I need to change and I will do it promptly.
Thank you

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
No one forced you to spend your monies and no one forced you to take the gamble on Nightmare Packs. You did that on your own volition, you are obviously emotionally upset and frustrated, but slandering KI and accusing them of stealing is irresponsible. Assuming you are owed more than you received is arrogant and bespeaks of aristocratic entitlement. KI is quite good at giving items away and rectifying issues if they are a problem. As you are new to the game and packs your rant is unjustified. You are given a chance at the items, not a guarantee, your purchases are all separate transactions, not cumulative. I suggest you cool off and gain perspective, the customer is NOT always right, that horrid adage tends to get thrown around when people are acting as you are now. You are free to provide your opinion of disappointment, but demanding reward for your own ill considered behavior is just tasteless.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
There is a problem with hoard packs. No denying that. However, don't you think you should have been more responsible with your money..? It's gambling if you ask me. Technically, it's not, but it is. When you buy a gumball machine, you see that they're all about equal rarity and you know you're gonna get one you'll like.
When you buy a hoard pack, you don't know if you'll get something you'll like, or you'll get trash worth 1000 in-game gold.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I completely understand. Why did Kingsisle add gambling in the first place?

If their rating only says Crude Humor and Mild Fantasy Violence, they need to add gambling also.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
I think that the Nightmare pack is pretty good. Granted, I did get a LOT of junk, but I did get some pretty good gear and the nightmare mount. It is all luck, sorry to hear you didn't get your money worth of stuff. Better Luck Next Time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Grizzly Bear K... on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
I joined in August, In the last two and half months I have paid for a year membership, Winterbane Gauntlet, Pagoda Gauntlet, Olympian Bundle and over $200.00 in crowns. I wanted to support this game because I enjoy it so much. I was excited that this Halloween was rolling around because this is my first Halloween event. I paid for almost $60.00 in crowns just for Halloween and spent them on Nightmare packs. I was looking forward to an interesting mount and the Halloween doodle stand ups to adorn the house I bought to decorate just for Halloween. due to lack of Halloween furniture and Halloween decorations I had to make due with the default furniture which was also disappointing! What did I get for my money? one word "JUNK" lots and lots of stuff I could have farmed for or bought at the bazzar! insult to injury I saw several kids that do not even have a paid memberships running around with the rare mounts! there is no way they spent the same amount of money I had so how is that even possible!
I emailed Kingsisle they said its a matter of how they designed the packs. that there random drops. It is the same design as tangible packs of collectible cards like magic the gathering. I would like to say as an avid table top gamer. I buy collectible card games allot. If I walk into to a game store or order a box online and drop $50.00 on a whole box set of that printing of magic cards for that $50.00 you know your going to get the whole set for that release of cards and a bunch of repeats. Yes the whole box may only have one or two ultra rare cards. but you know that for spending $50.00 you will get at least one of everything! Well I didn't get one of everything I got junk over and over. none of the gear was any good, the treasure cards I could have bought in the bazzar same goes for the pet snacks. where is what I paid for? I feel like Kingsisle took my credit card numbers and stole my money! When a customer spends a certain amount of money the system should make sure that they have been taken care of because they are a good customer and spent so much money!
I believe Kingsisle owes everyone that spent more then $50.00 on nightmare packs an apology and some kind of compensation for this highway robbery! On top of that kingsisle has over 30 houses and a depressing lack of furniture and decorations for them! I check the Bazzar several times a day, I bought all the furniture in the crown shop as well as every town furniture shop. some places do not even have a furniture shop! I would be willing to pay for more furniture but there is none! There are thousands of items in game used as set props to decorate levels and areas that people could use to decorate there homes but there unavailable to the public !?
How much money dose it cost to get treated right? If a customer comes to you and says there unhappy don't you have an obligation to correct that? what ever happened to customer service and the customer is always right?
Upset and Disappointed,
[Name Removed]
Many things in life can be bought for money but "Chance to Get" isn't one of them.

You alone made the choice to spend this money for an item you may get. You can not blame KI for that. They did not take this money from your credit card with out your knowledge.

KI's customer service remains in tact if they do not "give" players who spend the most money everything they want in the game. It creates an unfair advantage over players who can not afford to and would create a lot of tension for the game.

I learned about chance to get in this game for free, with Water Works, long ago - it was from that point on that I decided I would only go for things in the game that were a sure thing. The chance to get after trying repeatedly was too much of a disappointment for me to take. If I buy an item for the game or in the game it's for that item not the chance to get it.

Mary StarGem

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
kings isle gave you the option to buy what you want if you don't like the way the game is they also give you the option of leaving the game. Belittling the company because it isent perfect in your eyes wont make them change so deal with it.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
The Grizzly Bear K... on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Upset and Disappointed,
[Name Removed]
Welcome to the 21st century buddy!!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
There is nothing wrong here. Each and every pack available states there is a chance of winning a mount, pet, etc. ALL drops from these packs are random. Random means just that; it does not mean if I choose to spend $50 on packs that I deserve a mount, pet, etc. That is simply not how it works.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
i'm saying same BECAUSE i'm not being mean but only school what makes this pack boots for is ice I mean 120 CRITICAL!!! I know ice has gotten like 200-300 from Aquila but that's just INSANEall the other boots get like 120 critical boots too and only school without is my favorite
balance I mean if your a balance I don't recommend unless you going for regular ones or for stiching cause it kinda look epic though

Defender
May 23, 2009
KI is awesome and very clever in expanding the nightmare pack this year from a business perspective.
I, too have spent tons of $$$ buying crowns but I am never disappointed because I do love the game.
Sorry to say, but you had a better chance of getting what you wanted last year and pack - a - palooza in February - March 2013. You should not have spent that many crowns for just nightmare packs. Can you imagine alot of things you can still buy in the crown shop had you set a limit for packs?
I find the best way to limit crown spending is to only buy gift cards. It worked for me as I am no longer that much of a crowns freak. Thank you KI for allowing many playing options for your players.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
You got exactly what you paid for: 7 random items, and a chance-to-get. Exactly what's on the tin.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed, but gambling everything on a chance-to-get is very irresponsible. And this is exactly why I think KI needs to scale back on the gambling... Lots of people don't understand what they're getting into, and spend way more than they are comfortable losing (which benefits KI, but results in thousands of unnecessary posts like this one).

-v.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2013
I am a Walt Disney animator. If this problem is not address I will be writing an article in the eyes & ears Disney magazine about this as well as forwarding that article to several of the other subsidiary publications associated with Walt Disney world entertainment. This form of gambling is wrong and I had no idea that is what I was participating in. You can not steal from people and expect them to be happy about it. Furthermore Florida has recently made this type of gambaling ileagel! They have been cracking down on "Adult Arcades".
For years this type of bussiness pratics has sliped throught the cracks of the gambaling laws because they do not really give you prizes. They operate in the same way as KingsIsle they have a random chance system of intangible prize giving. Its wrong that the customers get robbed as they do in this current gambling system. For the people that say no one made me spend my money on packs. I say no one told me I was gambling I thought I had a fair and increasing chance of getting something worth my money the more I bought! Business need to be held responsible for there practices if we do not hold them responsible they will not change there ways.
Right now KI is cut, copy and pasting the same massage over and over to me and not addressing the problem. It is also obvious that most of the people that have been posting to this thread work for KI or there comments are chosen to be allowed to be posted, because where this same article has been posted elsewhere 90% of the people agree that they have been robed. KI please stop cherry picking comments.
People need to know the truth and you need to fix this problem.
Thank you for your time,
[Name Removed]

Explorer
May 17, 2010
although all the replies are correct in that it was your choice to spend your money and that they clearly say you only have a chance of getting the rare items. I feel for you that you had such bad luck, but it happens to the best of us.
However, I think you bring up a great idea to KI and that is to offer Pack Sets. You pay some amount of crowns and like you said, you are guaranteed at least one of each card and the rest are random. Then you have a choice, spend more money and guarantee that you will get everything, or gamble by buying a little at a time and maybe save money by being lucky and getting it early.
Personally I don't buy packs, but I see this as a great idea for KI to consider.