Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cheaters and trash talkers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
I have ran into a lot of cheaters and trash talkers in pvp

some will try to trick you saying dumb stuff like "flee, I can heal you"
others will have friends spectate and try to distract you or push your
buttons, others will just say mean stuff for the sake of being mean.

Others are sore losers... I beat one person who had a lot of fans
pulling for him. After winning i said good game, he replies in a most
foul way and then tells me to get a life. :(

I have had matches where four or five spectators will all spam message
me. They all get blocked but I missed a turn because of blocking them and
accidentally cast the wrong spell trying to block people.

and the never ending complaining about my pet healing me is getting really
old. I do not know how many times i have heard someone say the only reason
you won is because of your pet! i beg to differ because i trained that pet and spent
a lot of gold and crowns getting him to be as good as he is thank you very much so
what my pet does in a match is directly a result of what i put into it. do not blame
the pet blame the persons that created it which are me and kings isle.

I am not sure but i think their is no way to inspect someone in a match unless they
speak or until the match is over. so people that say hi or try to speak to me in a match
get ignored until the match is over or unless they have already had a chance to inspect me.
which if i am right also falls under cheating by trying to get me to talk so you can inspect me
but i may be wrong on that one.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Suri Blueflame on Oct 6, 2013 wrote:

you won is because of your pet! i beg to differ because i trained that pet and spent
a lot of gold and crowns getting him to be as good as he is thank you very much so
what my pet does in a match is directly a result of what i put into it. do not blame

I am not sure but i think their is no way to inspect someone in a match unless they
speak or until the match is over. so people that say hi or try to speak to me in a match
get ignored until the match is over or unless they have already had a chance to inspect me.
which if i am right also falls under cheating by trying to get me to talk so you can inspect me
There is no cheating here at all. Bad game play and sportsmanship, yes.
The whining about your pet is common. That's their problem, not yours.
FYI, it's nearly impossible to actually cheat in this game. What they did was play you. You fell for the belittlement and harassing.

Turn off ( in controls) the talking and ignore the rest.

There is no way to control what others will do so you have to make a choice; put up with it or simply don't PvP anymore.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
i have definitely heard the "spamming pet excuse" and many other things. it sounds like you are good at pvp, remember, it' just a game and the point of it is to have fun. if someone is being mean find some way to laugh at them anyway! my advice

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010

One word: Report Just report them dude they will all get banned for a while and that will make people stop. Also you are completely right about how you put ally our effort into your pet. I am tired of people constantly complaining and nagging kingsile about the pets and how they cast healing current and other "may cast" spells. It was that persons decision to put the crowns, gold, and effort into it to make them a better wizard. Your pet isn't just some cool looking thing being dragged around by your character, its a part of the game and to be part of the game it has to be helpful or meaningful. Because if pets did nothing in the game they would be pointless and no one would buy them. People buy them and put the time and money into them due to the benefit and mass effect it has on their characters in a positive way. So for those players who complain after every pvp they lose because some one's pet healed at the last second and saved them or their pet has an energy regeneration to win the race doesn't mean you have to nag the game company every 5 minutes and ruin it for the rest of us when kingsile gets tired of hearing those complaints and ends up changing the pets abilities. If we don't stop complaining and nagging this may very well be the end to Wizard101.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Suri,

What most annoys me, is the group that will gift you if you flee. I have been told many times,
that they have sent me a gift, and once I flee it will show up. I have also watched this go on
in the ring over and over again.
First, if someone gifts you, it will show up while you are in the pvp battle, not after you flee.

So, please, don't anyone fall for this lie, and that is exactly what it is.

I always close my Chat box, and have my chat bubbles turned off when I go into PvP.
I would suggest that everyone do the same, if they don't like to be abused and called names.

Sorry to hear that you had to take the abuse, some just don't care how they win.

from,
justanoob.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

Suri, please for me, completely IGNORE these people. Literally put them on ignore. I hate when people trash talk. The best thing to do at that point is to beat them.

Good luck,
Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012

just say something and teleport away xD.

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
This is the same old sme old sore losers i won and was reported for having a pet they didnt have

Survivor
Dec 18, 2012
I hate when people do that. And then they start talking trash about your school and saying stuff like your weak or your gonna lose blah blah blah. Like be quiet if you have nothing nice to say then keep it to yourself and go somewhere. And they wonder why they get reported :P

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
Bro I am a warlord and I have come across a lot of trash talkers all I do is simply ignore them and the problem is solved.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I don't mind trash talking I just turn off the balloons and the chat box. The games with the friends are annoying and I agree they should not be allowed to do anything but observe. I like that they cheer but why is it necessary to jeer.

The other stuff is cheating. Its boring and the reason why I stopped going. Its not fun. It was only fun when it was a true test of your ability now its just a test of your ability to cheat.

I don't think its fun to be bullied by people over a game. I hate that you have to pretend like its all good. I don't like that they know what school I am and tell their friends as much as they can find out.

These people have made a career of this and its ruthless and I just want to have fun. So I am only mildly interested. Because it used to be fun.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i actually find it funny when people go on like that. when people show their bad side, i usually stick around. why? their trash talking is so pathetic its funny. just burn them and move on

Survivor
Dec 28, 2010
No Cheating?!?!? Bull, people are just quiting now when they lose. Pvp is ruined till they fix this.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
That's awful! Not sure that's cheating but definently the rude remarks and comments. There's that switch in the gameplay options tab to turn off chat bubbles, so the only way you'll see their messages is if you open the chat box. Seriously THEY need to get a life. What happened to pvp? It used to be kinda fun, not a harassment zone full of people picking on innocent players! I get those trash talkers are jealous and mad that their friend didn't win. The pet complaining will probably go on forever but you can't control people I totally agree with you. Training a pet is hard work and time consuming! Even grueling with those repetitive pet games. Pvp is like a nightmare nowadays. Thank goodness for ignore buttons ..

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I know! This is getting out of hand.

Just yesterday I was in a 2vs2 match on my adept, Destiny Icesong. I was up against two journeyman warlords, who had at least five people cheering them on. How is that bad? Well, one of them was trash talking at me, since my teammate was a menu-chatter and so he could only direct it at me. He said if I fled he would give me a bundle if I fled. I just said no, you're lying. He resorted to being mean after it was clear I wouldn't give up. He told me to shut up, so I just said same to you and reported him.

Destiny Windgem
Destiny Icesong
Destiny Dawndreamer