Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malduit for PvP: POLL/ Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Hello everyone,

This is a Poll to make Malduit The Devastator accepted for pvp.
I have pvp'ed a LOT since first starting the game (not anymore too much lately, but eventually will start again), Since long before CL arrived with all the critical gear/stats actually.

I have always been a fan of the death minion, and have even used it in pvp, but the pip cost is always what steered me away from using it (both in PvP and PvE), and finally we get the minion I personally have always dreamed of... Great looks, seems a little smarter, and a FAIR pip cost to use.

I would love to see this in PvP, and I hope others would too.... not for free of course.

I've seen Ki DOES listen to the players, to an extent (no offense KI). So this is a Poll to reach their ears!

I have an idea, and anyone agrees then sign below (signing = posting, a simple reply is enough)

My idea: Make Malduit PvP accepted IN EXCHANGE for making the X rank minion No PvP.

Sure, the X ranked minion is able to get around 1000 or slightly more hp... But it uses ALL our pips!
(plus it's not very smart in battle, AND is extremely weak even to death schools due to no resist)

fire has low cost minion for pvp, storm does, ice does, balance does, myth (of course myth does :P)
So why shouldn't death? even life has one (yes it IS useful, i've been in a match where we were forced to use our minions for the next 2 hours for battle due to no cards left and the sprite lasted a long time against my ghoul minion... he actually went to bed and let it fight, but i still won in the end due to his inactivity lol)
So where's our back up? our friend in need? our last resort, while using low pips to recover from near death WITHOUT costing us our blades and shields? (Sacrifice)

And before people start complaining about how one school is weak compared to another, they are SOMEWHAT balanced... i hate fighting ice due the massive resist to all other schools, but i still manage to win some matches against them.

so if you guys feel the same, post a reply! YAY or NAY?

Let KI hear us and (hopefully) change this into something we can both use in PvP and enjoy!

Logan Moonwraith and many other wizards from other schools... even more wizards :P don't ask lol

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
ChesterTheCheezit on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have pvp'ed a LOT since first starting the game (not anymore too much lately, but eventually will start again), Since long before CL arrived with all the critical gear/stats actually.

I have always been a fan of the death minion, and have even used it in pvp, but the pip cost is always what steered me away from using it (both in PvP and PvE), and finally we get the minion I personally have always dreamed of... Great looks, seems a little smarter, and a FAIR pip cost to use.

I would love to see this in PvP, and I hope others would too.... not for free of course.

I've seen Ki DOES listen to the players, to an extent (no offense KI). So this is a Poll to reach their ears!

I have an idea, and anyone agrees then sign below (signing = posting, a simple reply is enough)

My idea: Make Malduit PvP accepted IN EXCHANGE for making the X rank minion No PvP.

Sure, the X ranked minion is able to get around 1000 or slightly more hp... But it uses ALL our pips!
(plus it's not very smart in battle, AND is extremely weak even to death schools due to no resist)

fire has low cost minion for pvp, storm does, ice does, balance does, myth (of course myth does :P)
So why shouldn't death? even life has one (yes it IS useful, i've been in a match where we were forced to use our minions for the next 2 hours for battle due to no cards left and the sprite lasted a long time against my ghoul minion... he actually went to bed and let it fight, but i still won in the end due to his inactivity lol)
So where's our back up? our friend in need? our last resort, while using low pips to recover from near death WITHOUT costing us our blades and shields? (Sacrifice)

And before people start complaining about how one school is weak compared to another, they are SOMEWHAT balanced... i hate fighting ice due the massive resist to all other schools, but i still manage to win some matches against them.

Let KI hear us and (hopefully) change this into something we can both use in PvP and enjoy!

Logan Moonwraith and many other wizards from other schools... even more wizards :P don't ask lol
I don't see this happening, Malduit comes with about what 1700 life? That seems a bit strong. If that happened all the other schools would get their 5 pip minions. And you're ghoul can cast excellent spells around 4-6 pips (includes plague, weakness, and kraken/wyvern).

Sorry, don't see it,
Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 27, 2013 wrote:
I don't see this happening, Malduit comes with about what 1700 life? That seems a bit strong. If that happened all the other schools would get their 5 pip minions. And you're ghoul can cast excellent spells around 4-6 pips (includes plague, weakness, and kraken/wyvern).

Sorry, don't see it,
Wolf Skullslinger
Yeah, 1700 hp but ALSO certain schools get a major boost when attacking it (life and ice are what i've seen so far) but as I also said, don't just make it able to be used in PvP without sacrificing anything- make our X rank minion non-pvp (the wraith summoned with full pips can easily be godlike if the summoner knows how to use it as it has NO boosts from taking damage from any school), and not just the wraith, the higher ranked skeletal minion and red ghost minions spam towers (which malduit does not have, forcing the player to cast it upon it themselves therefore using up their own card AND turn).

I still think it would be pretty fair, as our only minion spell that can be used takes away ALL our pips.. leaving us pretty much helpless as the other player(s) can just pound away at us like a punching bag while we are not only trying to survive ourselves, but also trying to keep our minion alive with no pips to start with...

and yes, the ghoul CAN cast kraken or a fire elf... but with resistance as high as it is these days, is that really something to worry about? the ghoul has no storm or fire or even death damage percentage, therefore its pretty much useless for the ghoul to cast it in PvP. also, the ghoul can be hit by a wand and die.. i've seen it happen countless times BEFORE critical was introduced for extra damage potential.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
I don't see this happening either, Malduit is a far more powerful minion than death incarnate at much lower pip cost and a bit more powerful than Talos at the same pip cost if Malduit is made pvp all rank 5 minions would be as well. making animate no pvp isn't really a sacrifice when Malduit is the far better option anyway. also what about the lower level death wizards who use the x pip minions to their advantage in low level pvp how would they be compensated.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
CrimsonInsect on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
I don't see this happening either, Malduit is a far more powerful minion than death incarnate at much lower pip cost and a bit more powerful than Talos at the same pip cost if Malduit is made pvp all rank 5 minions would be as well. making animate no pvp isn't really a sacrifice when Malduit is the far better option anyway. also what about the lower level death wizards who use the x pip minions to their advantage in low level pvp how would they be compensated.
in my opinion, death incarnate and malduit are nearly the same. the only difference i see is death incarnate spams poison instead of using its other spells, where malduit actually uses all the spells it has... as for lower levels, they can easily use treasure cards (or do what everyone else at those levels do, and use some overpowered pet, a card from their gear, or a treasure card). I've never seen another death use a minion in pvp, and i'm pretty sure its due the pip cost.

Also, if a 5 pip minion that you THINK is overpowered shouldn't be allowed then the things i stated above shouldn't be allowed either (gear cards, pet cards, treasures), especially since a level 10 (my new storm for example) can simply purchase a TRITON from bazaar and use a prism (storm shields) and use THAT in pvp. If that isn't overpowered, then idk what is... and before you start giving me the "oh, you're a noob you need strong treasures to win" speech, let me remind you EVERY person with "warlord" at such low levels used the exact same cheap tactics to get that rank (flame/frostzilla pet, high rank treasures, pet with spell proof/defy, and pets that can ALSO cast fairy or unicorn or even both, or pets with spritely before those 2 were even around to such an extent that it is now). Most of those people claim its because they don't want to deal with critical nonsense, but i've been seeing those cheap tactics since LONG before critical was even introduced. And yes, i agree that if they earned it they should be able to use good things like these, but don't be a hypocrite about it and put others down that use those things too. I can go anywhere in the game and look at these level 30 and below "warlords", and can tell you that every single one of them has some overpowered pet, and can also tell you that they use overpowered treasures/gear cards to go with it.

Also, i'm pretty sure some of the other minions are able to be used in pvp, whether its a glitch or what idk. but just last night i was in a pvp, and my opponent summoned a talos (every talos card i see says NO pvp) so how he was able to summon it is unknown to me.

And while people say they don't see this happening, as the post states- this is a POLL, in other words more like a vote. even if it doesn't happen, state whether YOU would want it in the game.. not give reasons why you think Ki wouldn't implement it.

So please stick to "yes or no" answers or something like that...

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
ChesterTheCheezit on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
in my opinion, death incarnate and malduit are nearly the same. the only difference i see is death incarnate spams poison instead of using its other spells, where malduit actually uses all the spells it has... as for lower levels, they can easily use treasure cards (or do what everyone else at those levels do, and use some overpowered pet, a card from their gear, or a treasure card). I've never seen another death use a minion in pvp, and i'm pretty sure its due the pip cost.

Also, if a 5 pip minion that you THINK is overpowered shouldn't be allowed then the things i stated above shouldn't be allowed either (gear cards, pet cards, treasures), especially since a level 10 (my new storm for example) can simply purchase a TRITON from bazaar and use a prism (storm shields) and use THAT in pvp. If that isn't overpowered, then idk what is... and before you start giving me the "oh, you're a noob you need strong treasures to win" speech, let me remind you EVERY person with "warlord" at such low levels used the exact same cheap tactics to get that rank (flame/frostzilla pet, high rank treasures, pet with spell proof/defy, and pets that can ALSO cast fairy or unicorn or even both, or pets with spritely before those 2 were even around to such an extent that it is now). Most of those people claim its because they don't want to deal with critical nonsense, but i've been seeing those cheap tactics since LONG before critical was even introduced. And yes, i agree that if they earned it they should be able to use good things like these, but don't be a hypocrite about it and put others down that use those things too. I can go anywhere in the game and look at these level 30 and below "warlords", and can tell you that every single one of them has some overpowered pet, and can also tell you that they use overpowered treasures/gear cards to go with it.

Also, i'm pretty sure some of the other minions are able to be used in pvp, whether its a glitch or what idk. but just last night i was in a pvp, and my opponent summoned a talos (every talos card i see says NO pvp) so how he was able to summon it is unknown to me.

And while people say they don't see this happening, as the post states- this is a POLL, in other words more like a vote. even if it doesn't happen, state whether YOU would want it in the game.. not give reasons why you think Ki wouldn't implement it.

So please stick to "yes or no" answers or something like that...
Malduit has more health,starts of the battle with 5-6 pips,death damage boost and costs 9 pips less. I thought this was about the death minion not treasures,gear,and pets. only the Talos treasure card is no pvp so if you fought a level 55 and above myth wizard they can use Talos because they learned the spell through a quest if not then it might be a glitch and i vote no.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
ChesterTheCheezit on Sep 26, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I don't PVP, but KI has made it clear that Gen2 Minions are PvE only. That being said, I agree with them. If you want to use a good minion in a PvP battle, then use the first generation minion. You said it yourself, the Gen1 Minion is a good minion if you know how to use it. Clearly you know how to use it right. Why change it?

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
CrimsonInsect on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
Malduit has more health,starts of the battle with 5-6 pips,death damage boost and costs 9 pips less. I thought this was about the death minion not treasures,gear,and pets. only the Talos treasure card is no pvp so if you fought a level 55 and above myth wizard they can use Talos because they learned the spell through a quest if not then it might be a glitch and i vote no.
malduit has more health - but it also has boosted damage received from a variety of schools (ice, life, possibly even myth) = balanced imo. With the damage attack stats a wizard can have at those levels, 1-2 hits could kill it anyway... but at least it's got a better chance of surviving due to that amount of hp where the death incarnate is completely useless in a TON of situations due to its stupidity. (self deathblade, self deathblade, self deathblade.... maybe a poison, oh look! ANOTHER self deathblade, as if it didnt have over 30 of them already...)

starts battle with 5-6 pips- 2 of these are power pips, AND the summoner is reduced to 0 pips and left defenseless because of this = again, balanced. (also note malduit does NOT get very many power pips once those are used up, its about a 35-45% chance for a power pip in the times i have summoned it)

death damage boost - what? like a 5% attack boost really matters? its still pretty much the same as a wizard without any boosts to damage, spell defy at 3% alone would be enough to resist the damage boost or even overpower that boost.

costs 9 pips- again, the summoner is left completely defenseless and without pips when malduit is summoned (even a -70 or -85 shield won't help much since a wand attack can break it)

oh and about the ghoul, it only has 400 hp. it can be hit with a wand and killed before it has time to use that kraken you mentioned since it has around what seems like a 2% power pip chance along with the fact it also uses a 2 pip spell that wastes those pips it built up quite often (weak and useless spell). And because of that, the kraken is rarely even used.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I like the idea of bringing the new minions to the arena. My suggestion is to leave the spells pve only, but make a pvp version of them. The pvp versions' pip costs have to be more, like around 8-10 pips.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
ChesterTheCheezit on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
malduit has more health - but it also has boosted damage received from a variety of schools (ice, life, possibly even myth) = balanced imo. With the damage attack stats a wizard can have at those levels, 1-2 hits could kill it anyway... but at least it's got a better chance of surviving due to that amount of hp where the death incarnate is completely useless in a TON of situations due to its stupidity. (self deathblade, self deathblade, self deathblade.... maybe a poison, oh look! ANOTHER self deathblade, as if it didnt have over 30 of them already...)

starts battle with 5-6 pips- 2 of these are power pips, AND the summoner is reduced to 0 pips and left defenseless because of this = again, balanced. (also note malduit does NOT get very many power pips once those are used up, its about a 35-45% chance for a power pip in the times i have summoned it)

death damage boost - what? like a 5% attack boost really matters? its still pretty much the same as a wizard without any boosts to damage, spell defy at 3% alone would be enough to resist the damage boost or even overpower that boost.

costs 9 pips- again, the summoner is left completely defenseless and without pips when malduit is summoned (even a -70 or -85 shield won't help much since a wand attack can break it)

oh and about the ghoul, it only has 400 hp. it can be hit with a wand and killed before it has time to use that kraken you mentioned since it has around what seems like a 2% power pip chance along with the fact it also uses a 2 pip spell that wastes those pips it built up quite often (weak and useless spell). And because of that, the kraken is rarely even used.
pretty sure its damage boost is about 25-30%. I did not mention the ghoul minion and the other rank 5 minions would have to be made pvp as well if Malduit is allowed which would probably make pvp unbalanced.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
CrimsonInsect on Oct 2, 2013 wrote:
pretty sure its damage boost is about 25-30%. I did not mention the ghoul minion and the other rank 5 minions would have to be made pvp as well if Malduit is allowed which would probably make pvp unbalanced.
To the guy above, I like the idea of the new minions in pvp needing 8 pips.

25-30%? nah, i'd say more like around 10-15%... but with today's resistance would that really make a difference?
To the "pvp unbalanced" remark, pvp has never been "balanced"... just look at what it used to be, and compare it to what it is now:

Balance: Judgement used to be the complaint, because the only thing you could use to defend against it if you didn't already have the "old warlord" gear were tower shields or a weakness, and even with BOTH of those it could still one shot anyone.. and now mana burn? it may not be Xrank, but it can do MASSIVE damage AND takes your pips/aura?. *was/is still overpowered*

Ice: has resistance to ALL schools and this has always been a complaint, in the "old days" it was a pain getting around their massive resistance... and now in the new age, i've heard its actually possible to become IMMUNE to all schools for ice wizards.. or at least close to it, and even with pierce available that could be tough if not harder to get around. *Ice had/has too much resistance* "boohoo, ice is based on defense get over it"

Fire/Storm: Do I really need to say anything? both are incredibly strong and can one shot anyone, the only difference is fire is per round before it adds up to its total where storm is an all out hit. (ofc its possible to become immune to storm.. try a prism but good luck landing the follow up attack if you're going second) *Godlike hits*

Life: not really "overpowered", but more annoying than anything. I see so much talk about "turtles" when truth is... life has always (in MY experience) just healed, shielded, and reshuffled waiting for the other guy to run out of cards. Ofc being a death wiz as my main, this isn't too much of an issue for me.. *turtle power*

Myth: compared to today? the only difference i see is more stunning/shattering of shields and less two-hitters.
(in the old pvp days, minotaur or an orthrus was the "big thing" and was usually used after they stunned you) *having to double shield to avoid a one shot? Definitely not fair, especially when you can never find the shields you need AND you're stunned so it wouldn't matter if you found them anyway*

Death: The old "Doom & Boom" technique... turtle while waiting for the cards you need, double/triple blade, poison+poison+poison with a doom & gloom bubble+infections... "oh hey! he's getting desperate so he uses a BIG attack attempting to kill me while I spam poisons! good thing i had shields, and did i mention death heals when they attack? i'll throw a wraith or a vamp on top of those poisons :p) *honestly i never saw this too much back in the day since i didn't like giving out trade secrets on how to be a death pvp warlord* (I had no need for minions back then, but didn't mind trying different strategies while using them since doing the SAME thing over & over gets very dull)

also, someone DID mention the ghoul. that's the only minion that casts kraken that i can think of

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
ChesterTheCheezit on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:

25-30%? nah, i'd say more like around 10-15%... but with today's resistance would that really make a difference?
To the "pvp unbalanced" remark, pvp has never been "balanced"... just look at what it used to be, and compare it to what it is now:

Balance: Judgement used to be the complaint, because the only thing you could use to defend against it if you didn't already have the "old warlord" gear were tower shields or a weakness, and even with BOTH of those it could still one shot anyone.. and now mana burn? it may not be Xrank, but it can do MASSIVE damage AND takes your pips/aura?. *was/is still overpowered*

Ice: has resistance to ALL schools and this has always been a complaint, in the "old days" it was a pain getting around their massive resistance... and now in the new age, i've heard its actually possible to become IMMUNE to all schools for ice wizards.. or at least close to it, and even with pierce available that could be tough if not harder to get around. *Ice had/has too much resistance* "boohoo, ice is based on defense get over it"

Fire/Storm: Do I really need to say anything? both are incredibly strong and can one shot anyone, the only difference is fire is per round before it adds up to its total where storm is an all out hit. (ofc its possible to become immune to storm.. try a prism but good luck landing the follow up attack if you're going second) *Godlike hits*

Life: not really "overpowered", but more annoying than anything. I see so much talk about "turtles" when truth is... life has always (in MY experience) just healed, shielded, and reshuffled waiting for the other guy to run out of cards. Ofc being a death wiz as my main, this isn't too much of an issue for me.. *turtle power*

Myth: compared to today? the only difference i see is more stunning/shattering of shields and less two-hitters.
(in the old pvp days, minotaur or an orthrus was the "big thing" and was usually used after they stunned you) *having to double shield to avoid a one shot? Definitely not fair, especially when you can never find the shields you need AND you're stunned so it wouldn't matter if you found them anyway*

Death: The old "Doom & Boom" technique... turtle while waiting for the cards you need, double/triple blade, poison+poison+poison with a doom & gloom bubble+infections... "oh hey! he's getting desperate so he uses a BIG attack attempting to kill me while I spam poisons! good thing i had shields, and did i mention death heals when they attack? i'll throw a wraith or a vamp on top of those poisons :p) *honestly i never saw this too much back in the day since i didn't like giving out trade secrets on how to be a death pvp warlord* (I had no need for minions back then, but didn't mind trying different strategies while using them since doing the SAME thing over & over gets very dull)

also, someone DID mention the ghoul. that's the only minion that casts kraken that i can think of
Whoops meant to say more unbalanced and true it is not like how it used to be in the good old days

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
I disagree with this idea, I mean like really? Imagine going against Malduit in a match and you're death, Malduit has somewhat 40% death resist, it would take awhile before you could kill it or use a prism but at the same time your opponent is already buffing up to kill you or shielding it. I'm balance with a death mastery and I actually use the spell 'animate,' I save up for the 6 pip one, it spams plagues and weaknesses, and also uses fire elf as a shieldbreaker for me. Another thing is, in general, all of the new minions have about 1700 health, which is kind of OP for PvP. Also, the minions cost about 5 or 6 pips and you have to use the same/or less amount of pips to kill it "efficiently." Most 5 or 6 pip spells do about 600 damage at base, you would have to use an enchant and also have good gear and possibly a blade in order to actually kill it. I usually don't use minions in PvP around people with high critical (and storm), so I would advise you to not either.

~Talon Skyrunner~

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
ChesterTheCheezit on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:

There is no such thing as an OP school. People make over powered schools up to defend against having to admit they lost. None of these examples can't be beat. Also, my Death made it to Warlord just fine without a minion at all. I don't carry minions in my deck..lol.. but anyways, this would wreck PvP in my opinion people would have to start casting rank 6-7 spells to KILL MINIONS.

Not in favor,
Wolf Skullslinger

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
BwackMajic on Oct 4, 2013 wrote:
I disagree with this idea, I mean like really? Imagine going against Malduit in a match and you're death, Malduit has somewhat 40% death resist, it would take awhile before you could kill it or use a prism but at the same time your opponent is already buffing up to kill you or shielding it. I'm balance with a death mastery and I actually use the spell 'animate,' I save up for the 6 pip one, it spams plagues and weaknesses, and also uses fire elf as a shieldbreaker for me. Another thing is, in general, all of the new minions have about 1700 health, which is kind of OP for PvP. Also, the minions cost about 5 or 6 pips and you have to use the same/or less amount of pips to kill it "efficiently." Most 5 or 6 pip spells do about 600 damage at base, you would have to use an enchant and also have good gear and possibly a blade in order to actually kill it. I usually don't use minions in PvP around people with high critical (and storm), so I would advise you to not either.

~Talon Skyrunner~
agree.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
omg i dont see why everyone e thinks the new minions are overpowered. its not op if everyone has it and they do. thats all they do is complain that everything is "op"