Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talent question

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
Through hatching, can any pet learn any skill? I have a Life scarab sent to my Life account. I plan on hatching it with my friend's Burlap Boy so I can get Mend. and then again to try for Fairy, Sprite or Unicorn. It costs cash to do it though. A lot, so I don't want to waste

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kylesar1 on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
Through hatching, can any pet learn any skill? I have a Life scarab sent to my Life account. I plan on hatching it with my friend's Burlap Boy so I can get Mend. and then again to try for Fairy, Sprite or Unicorn. It costs cash to do it though. A lot, so I don't want to waste
Your pet can, but there is no guarantee it will learn any specific talent, even if it happens to inherit it from one of the parents.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
You should probably get more people to agree with me. but I hatched with forest lord and got the talent that my other pet had my ladybug had. So I think so

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Yes they can. When you hatch the hatchling will get a mix of traits from each parent. No way to tell which ones crossed over. They will mix with the traits your pet already had. It is a random chance which ones will show up in the baby and which ones will manifest. The odds are there, so yes you can get it, the real question is will you. Happy hatching.