Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dyeing Mounts?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I got a dragon mount as part of the 5 year anniversary and i love it. But i would love to be able to dye him pumpkin orange or some other color. Is this a possibility in the works by any chance? Could it be?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
elleofdreamwalker on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I got a dragon mount as part of the 5 year anniversary and i love it. But i would love to be able to dye him pumpkin orange or some other color. Is this a possibility in the works by any chance? Could it be?
Your dragon is a special mount and I honestly see no reason why you would want to change it.
I don't see this happening since there are various colors of different mounts already... dragon example: red and blue and the purple faithful dragoness they sometimes bring back.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
LOL if I got THAT mount I would never dye or alter it in any way it's unique and something most other people on WIZ101 will never have just be happy you got a free permanent mount

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
And i'm glad to have him believe me. I actually bought crowns for the first time just to have more places to show him off. I'm only asking about dyeable mounts because i think he'd be cool in other colors. He could be white and i could call him lugia. i could call him king pumpkin if he was orange. things like that.

I know they release some mounts in multiple colors but it seems to me the opportunity for dyeing mounts isn't one to just overlook. most mounts cost crowns to buy, why not have dyeing them cost crowns? or large amounts of gold?

Think of it this way, if they were to release a sheep as a mount, you would want to see more than just plain white. I'm not asking for an entirely new set of mounts or mechanics, just a few palette swaps.

It doesn't necessarily have to be for all or special mounts either. maybe just have some that are dyeable, the way pets are. Or have some part of them that can be dyed to make them stand out.

Just my thoughts.

I do adore mr. dragon. you will probably never see my pumpkin princess off of him, but it would be fun to dye mounts in other colors.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Yeah I guess but if this idea becomes a reality I hope that they make things dyeable for gold too heck I switched over to a paid account and I don't have a permanent mount I think KI should give everyone a free mount when they switch to a paid account but I doubt that'll ever happen

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
I remember when there were no mounts. Way back in the day. i remember thinking how much i wanted a mount, but didn't want to get rentals, even the ones from quests, because of that little gamer mentality "but i might need/want it later". Same reason i don't use my treasure cards. :/

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
LOL ikr I still have temporary mounts I haven't used yet and I'm the same way about treasure cards I never know when I'll need them for a harder battle so I never use them

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
I love mounts, and they are really effective in places like Grizzleheim/Wintertusk where you have to walk far distances between people to complete quests.

Today, I managed to save up enough gold to buy the permanent "Proud Lioness" mount, and I LOVE it, even though some may say it is outdated and old. (Classic= the best )

I think that the staff at W101 had the right idea about allowing wizards to buy permanent mounts for larger amounts of gold. This makes walking around so much faster, and now my Thaumaturge doesn't have to buy heaps of crowns to buy a mount. Yea, it may cost a lot, but it is totally worth it in the end .

Emmaline Iceshard
Lvl. 62 Legendary Thaumaturge

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I'm saving up gold right now i'm thinking i might get a dragon mount first