Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game suggestions

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
I'm a Toontown player and as many may already know, Disney is closing down Toontown on Sept 19th. I've noticed some differences in game play between Toontown (TT) and Wizard101 (101), which is to be expected. I have a few suggestions based on observations that I think would be improvements to the game.

1. Always be able to click on players and creatures
I've noticed when someone is in a battle or something, you can't click on them to check their stats. If I'm working on a quest (task in TT), if I'm able to click on someone who is in battle, I can check their health and if they are low on health, I can join in to help them out. Otherwise I can continue on my way, knowing that the player is doing fine.

New players don't know the health of the various creatures without going into battle with them. Being able to view some information about a creature could help discourage some players from trying to join in a battle or might help some know they can handle what the creature has to offer.

3. More realistic turn based playing.
In TT, players always went first, no exception. When I go into a battle with a creature, if I'm not going to get the first hit in, give me the option to pass or flee but no choices on spells. That way, the creatures get to go first. After they have their turn, let me pick the spell I want to use and have it used right away.

In PVP (only done arenas at estates), this could add a new level of excitement, as one side goes, then the other side gets to pick spells that get used. Might drag it out a little bit longer, but at the same time, the choices made are more 'real time' rather than being on the side that has to wait for the spells of other side to complete first (as it is now).

I hope others who love PVP will get the point I'm trying to make and will support this idea.

4. Animation for going through 'portals'.
In TT, when going through a door or tunnel, animation is shown to let you know you're going into another area. Let's say I try to go through a door, like to see the librarian. I run up against the door and then for a moment, I'm left wondering if anything is happening or not. If the door were to open, it would let me know I activated it and am going through. As it is now, if I try to go through a door that I can't, I have to wait a moment to know that nothing happened.

5. More name choices.
Originally I was going to suggest custom names, but I imagine support would go through a nightmare in deciding what names to approve. However, perhaps adding more choices for first and last names would be welcomed. Also, include the ability to have an optional Mr., Ms., Sir, Dr., etc, in front of the name (and prefixing the last name with O', Mc, Mac, etc.

6. Ability to preview houses from bundles.
Obvious enough, let me explore houses from cards (even retired ones) so I know what it's like. Could encourage sales on currently available bundles.

More to come but I hope others like what I've suggested so far.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
IT'S CLOSING!? That's depressing; I've been a player since 2005!

Anyway, I love your ideas! Especially 1 & 4! I hope that in the future the game can become a little more lively like it is in TV commercials.

Thank you for posting this; I had no idea about the game! Maybe the Toontown players will migrate over to Wizard101?

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 79
Christina Goldenheart Level 77

Historian
May 06, 2009
Fangs McWolf on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
I'm a Toontown player and as many may already know, Disney is closing down Toontown on Sept 19th. I've noticed some differences in game play between Toontown (TT) and Wizard101 (101), which is to be expected. I have a few suggestions based on observations that I think would be improvements to the game.

I've noticed when someone is in a battle or something, you can't click on them to check their stats. If I'm working on a quest (task in TT), if I'm able to click on someone who is in battle, I can check their health and if they are low on health, I can join in to help them out. Otherwise I can continue on my way, knowing that the player is doing fine.

New players don't know the health of the various creatures without going into battle with them. Being able to view some information about a creature could help discourage some players from trying to join in a battle or might help some know they can handle what the creature has to offer.

In TT, players always went first, no exception. When I go into a battle with a creature, if I'm not going to get the first hit in, give me the option to pass or flee but no choices on spells. That way, the creatures get to go first. After they have their turn, let me pick the spell I want to use and have it used right away.

In PVP (only done arenas at estates), this could add a new level of excitement, as one side goes, then the other side gets to pick spells that get used. Might drag it out a little bit longer, but at the same time, the choices made are more 'real time' rather than being on the side that has to wait for the spells of other side to complete first (as it is now).

I hope others who love PVP will get the point I'm trying to make and will support this idea.

In TT, when going through a door or tunnel, animation is shown to let you know you're going into another area. Let's say I try to go through a door, like to see the librarian. I run up against the door and then for a moment, I'm left wondering if anything is happening or not. If the door were to open, it would let me know I activated it and am going through. As it is now, if I try to go through a door that I can't, I have to wait a moment to know that nothing happened.

5. More name choices.
Originally I was going to suggest custom names, but I imagine support would go through a nightmare in deciding what names to approve. However, perhaps adding more choices for first and last names would be welcomed. Also, include the ability to have an optional Mr., Ms., Sir, Dr., etc, in front of the name (and prefixing the last name with O', Mc, Mac, etc.

Obvious enough, let me explore houses from cards (even retired ones) so I know what it's like. Could encourage sales on currently available bundles.

Hello, there! It's nice to see a new face every now and again. Welcome to Wizard101 and Ravenwood School of Magical Arts! Please to don't feed the Myth Wizard's trolls! They just rounded them up and any stacks would hype them up again. I can see how Toontown and Wizard101 are very different from each other, but do know Wizard101 can not be exactly like Toontown, Young Wizard. There are a few tricks in the game you can learn and some things can't be incorporated.

1. When someone is in battle, and they have spoken, you are permitted to click on their name and view their stats. When you begin a battle, have you every noticed a green circle around you? That's your health! It breaks apart and changes color from green to red, and vice versa, as you heal or take damage. You can see when someone has little health if the circle is incomplete and in the orange or red. It may be best to join them when that occurs, but do not forget to ask if they would like your assistance.

2. Have you heard of our first fansite Wizard101central.com? Here it allows Wizards to view loads of information about creatues and their abilities as well as plenty of other cool info (like drops, schools, pets, etc.). Wizard101 can't incorporate such a feature to see enemies health just yet (and wouldn't that ruin the surprise of your adversary?), but you can look up the mob (our term for enemy) before confronting them

3. If you want to play Kingsisle game that will always allow you to go first about 90% of the time, give Pirate101 a try. In every battle (with the exception of Broadside Combat), you are gauranteed a first move. As for Wizard101, your suggestion is already in the game, Young Wizard. Even if you don't go first, that doesn't mean you're at a disadvantage. Sometimes going second can be a benefitt. If you feel you can't finish the battle, just click the "Flee" button at the bottom of the set of cards. If you don't want to make a move, clikc the "Pass" button, closer to the front of the cards. You may cast another round. You can also discard you spells by clicking the right button of your mouse to find the spells you want.

Currently, in PvP, if you are going second, you gain an extra Pip at the start of the battle, to balance the advantage of going first.

4. That is a little more work than necessary for our game. Typically it only takes 2 seconds to know if you're going to another area. Sometimes you may have to move around to find the right spot.

5. You can name your pet with Mister, Miss, or Sir as well as other titles at the Dye Shop in the Shopping District of Wizard City, but not yourself. If you would like a prefix title, Pirate101 contains many different ones like "Strong" or "Cunning" or "Sneaky"

6. I'm afraid once you buy a Bundle, you buy a bundle and all it's contexts. They have not been scripted for a preview from Ms. Windspar as of now as they are not intended for preview. Sometimes there are surprises you simply don't want to ruin

Hope that helped!

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Fangs McWolf on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:

5. More name choices.

1. Thumb up! You have a nice attitude.
2. Wait! lol Where is point 2?
3. Thats a thing KI will never change.
4. Nice, but any graphical adjustment lifts up system requirements. For example i dont have a gamer pc, and the hardware is old, so i wont be happy with any changes that concern performance.
5. OH yeah! Dr. Tristan Dreamcrafter! Sounds nice!
6. Nice idea

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
nullYes, it's closing. If you go to the Toontown site, it was announced on August 20th that they would be closing the game down on the 19th.

On a TT fan site, a couple of players mentioned Wizard101 and I was already familiar with it from the commercials so decided to give it a try. I'm thinking that many others will migrate here as well.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
null1. Thank you. :)
2. Originally #1 was in two parts but I combined them, then forgot to renumber. Oops.
3. I really wish they would. Would make it a little more 'real' and definitely make it more challenging for PVP's.
4. I don't believe it would require anything heavy to include some sort of animation. When going through doors, simply show the door opening. No need to make a show out of it, just something to let the player know that they are going through. For a tunnel, perhaps fade their character like they do for other players. Heck, even something like a little icon would do the trick.
5. More name options would definitely be nice. I'm sure many senior players would appreciate additional options.
6. Thank you. I believe that being able to take a tour of a house from a bundle can encourage someone to buy it. After all, if you look at pictures and a few videos that others have made, you don't get the real feel and might misunderstand something, which in turn leaves you discouraged from buying it. But being able to run around it yourself, to explore everywhere and such, suddenly you get to look where you want and might say to yourself, "I definitely want this!"

Wouldn't hurt to allow players to explore retired castles as well, so they players can at least get to witness something first hand.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
nullNot feeding any trolls, thank you. Also, I'm well aware that 101 won't (can't) be "just like" TT. My suggestions were merely differences that I noticed that I believe could be a benefit. If I were trying to get 101 to be like TT, I would also include the idea of sounds when people are talking, changing the name of the 'weapons' from spells to gags, referring to health as laff, pets as doodles, gold as jellybeans, etc.

1. I know about clicking their name if they have spoken, but when running by, might not get a chance to do that. As for the circle they are in, I've noticed that, but it's only a percentage indicator. Someone who has 1,000 out of 5,000 health will show the same as someone who has 200 out of 1,000.

2. I've made use of the resources at that site, thank you.

3. The idea isn't to always let a player go first, but rather, make it so that when a player makes their choices, those choices are used right away. So if the creatures (enemies, mob, cogs (TT term), etc) get to go first, then they take their turn and then let the players choose the spells they want to use. Best way to think of it is breaking it down into half turns. One side picks and goes, then the other side picks and goes, instead of both sides picking spells and then one side goes followed by the other.

I'm aware of the options to pass, flee, timing out (oops), right clicking to dismiss a spell and drawing a TC.

4. Those typical two seconds can add up and even cause confusion. Without waiting to find out, how do you know when you are successfully going through a tunnel or door vs not being able to? If success is the same as failure, then you don't know which without waiting. Idea is to do something to let the player know that their action is being processed. Otherwise, someone might wait a few seconds and then be like, "Why isn't this working?" and try a couple of more times, then suddenly when it does work, be like, "Wow." because they don't know if it worked the first time and just took awhile or if one of the retries did it.

5. You missed the point of my suggestion.

6. The idea wasn't to preview before opening, but preview before buying. Someone may be skeptical of buying a bundle because they aren't sure if they will like the house. A preview might help put someone at ease. So I think you missed the point of this as well.

Also, I'm very aware of Pirate101, but don't have any intentions of trying to play that as well. I tend to stick with one game.