Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Slow Pro

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2011
I'm a Promethean Diviner named Kymma Anvilheart. Despite being a Promethean, I am not a pro at this game. I can barely fight any bosses (especially those in Avalon and Azteca) solo and it sometimes takes me a really long time to find help. When it comes to instances (especially those you have to go to in order to learn a new spell), I usually buy henchmen. Is there anybody else out there whose a pro, but not in the I-can-beat-everything-by-myself manner?

Kymma Anvilheart-

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
The Shocking Divin... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I'm a Promethean Diviner named Kymma Anvilheart. Despite being a Promethean, I am not a pro at this game. I can barely fight any bosses (especially those in Avalon and Azteca) solo and it sometimes takes me a really long time to find help. When it comes to instances (especially those you have to go to in order to learn a new spell), I usually buy henchmen. Is there anybody else out there whose a pro, but not in the I-can-beat-everything-by-myself manner?

Kymma Anvilheart-
I have found the more I play the game and experiment with other schools the better player I have become. It gave me a chance to see what other schools can do so I had a better idea what the monsters could do. I have pretty much soloed so far on Life, Death and Storm though the end of Zafaria with help on a few instances along the way. I just don't have the patience soloing Avalon or Aztecia would take, even if I had the best pet and gear the undertaking would just be too long for me, more like work then a game. For me it's boring when game play slows to a crawl or I have to start calculating every move to progress in the game.

My friends list now usually gets people who want me to help them but really don't have time to help me so I really have to be a solo player. When I started the game I soloed because I didn't know how to play and my style was very aggressive but I helped everyone on my list when they asked and I was able to get them to help with some big instances, most dropped off by the end of Mooshu. On my first wizard I waited for help with Marleybone Warehouse to be able to enter Celestia, it took weeks to get though that tower with the right group. I spent hours switching realms and sitting, that's not playing the game that's sitting and staring and a computer screen in hopes someone will help you out. In AV and AZ it's hard to find people who will repeat things as they are just glad to have gotten past it so that doesn't help either.

I suggest, if you don't mind starting over try other schools. I found that probably Death and Ice have the best chance of being solo wizards. Balance is usually ok till you have to fight Balance bosses, then it's a long fight. Storm suffers from low health though out the game but if timed right can stand it's own ground with the right set up. Fire is hard to get off the ground like Life but once you are on your way after level 60 it improves. Myth is the only school I really haven't put much time into, I deleted it in the beginning of AV because I just couldn't see enough power to continue there, I will give that one another go though.

You may just need to find a school you click better with.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010

Kymma Anvilheart-
I am a balance, but if you are looking for strategy I can give you some.

Boss fights and spell bosses. Blade and feint and sirens. Heal (never let your heal get under 1000, unless the boss has no pips), blade up and hit the boss. Also shield etc.

Mobs. I never put any healing spells in my mob deck, for the tough 6000 health ice guys, I put enchant feint and feint on every enemy blade a little, then ra. You could probably skip the feints and use blades.

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Trying a different school might help you. Like Northlite said, Death and Ice are most likely the best soloing schools. Personally I think Death is easiest to solo with, as you're able to do large amounts of damage with Dr. Von's Monster (especially when you get your Azteca sun spells! ),which leaves you with full health at the end of just about every battle.

I also have a tip for soloing in general. When fighting a boss, place down a mark before you enter the battle. Defeat the minion, then flee and come back to get rid of the boss (Make sure you have potions!). Though there are a few battles that won't let you do that, MOST (about 95% do).

You'll find other good soloing tips here!
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/tips-hints-1341/8ad6a41740a010a40140ac62ec7b6bc6?fromSearchResult=true&page=1
Hope this helps you!

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 78
Christina Goldenheart Level 74

Champion
Dec 03, 2012

Kymma Anvilheart-
Heh. My friend says I'm a pro, but I wouldn't say pro. I'm a transedent, and I have to get henchman every single fight it feels like.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I had the same issue after finishing Dragonspyre. I hit a huge wall at CL and couldn't figure out why.

--Check your quest log for any spell quests you may have missed. If you don't have all the tools you need, you will struggle.

--Look at your deck. Is it clogged and hard to find hits when you need hits, heals when you need heals? Now is an excellent time to pare down the deck to essentials only. Here's my typical boss deck:

**1 owl
**3 tempest
**2 feint
**4 enchants
**2 stormblade
**2 each tri blade and windstorm
**2 satyr
**A tower or two
**1-2 aura depending on school. Ice or balance: infallible. Everything else: galvanic
**1 reshuffle

20 cards that's it. You could very well use Deck of Chivalry for all your questing needs*. Sideboard is five cards: Satyr, feint, pre-enchanted garg owl, pre-enchanted garg tempest, reshuffle.

Against street mobs the deck drops feints and owl and just runs temp spam. Replace windstorm and a tri blade with mass prism as needed for storm dorks.

*But Storm Caiman's Pyramid deck gives you some life and some healing boost. So use that instead - but resist the temptation to pack it full of contingency plans.

Survivor
May 18, 2011
Actually, I have already gotten every storm spell up to this point in the game (including the new storm minion) and have beaten all the current worlds. I created this thread for the sole purpose of sharing my opinions about a player being a Promethean despite needing a lot of help.

And as for using feint or reshuffle, I have never used those cards before and seeing how far I am in the game, don't intend to learn them. Feint puts my life in danger and reshuffle just makes the matches longer than they already are.

Kymma Anvilheart-

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Oh, I am mistaken then. Thought you might be implying you were seeking advice.

With persistence victory etc. :P