Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prism

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2013
I don't know if this problem is posted yet but I am having trouble calculating damage for my prism. I am a storm wizard and every time I use storm prism on an opponent who has myth shield sometimes the shield activates and sometimes it doesn't. Is there supposed to be a mechanism to how this works?

Thank you for your time and consideration. Also excuse my bad English.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but order of traps, prisms, and shields is important. If your prism is the first thing cast on the opponent, it will be the last thing activated. So say you want to boost your attack before converting it, you'd cast the prism then the trap.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Yes, the rules of traps and shields is "First on, Last off". So if you cast a prism first and then he casts a myth shield, your attack misses the myth shield and hits your prism, converting damage to myth and not getting blocked by the shield.

But if he casts myth shield first, then you cast prism, your attack hits your prism first, converting to myth, and then hits the myth shield, thus getting blocked.

Hoped this made sense.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2013