Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire resistant bosses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I've found that so far (I've just beaten the War Oni) that a surprising amount of bosses so far are fire resistant, Prisming takes care of that mainly but they like to have 3+ 80% ice shields up at once,which seeing I only have 5 prisms in my deck,makes doing fame a bit difficult. Also it's fiddly at times. Is there any better way to deal damage? Also once I've beaten the Crimson Fields,if I wish to farm the War Oni again for gear,is doing the entire instance again required? Farming is a bit new to me,as in Kropotoia I could farm some bosses without doing this.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Abigail759t on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
I've found that so far (I've just beaten the War Oni) that a surprising amount of bosses so far are fire resistant, Prisming takes care of that mainly but they like to have 3+ 80% ice shields up at once,which seeing I only have 5 prisms in my deck,makes doing fame a bit difficult. Also it's fiddly at times. Is there any better way to deal damage? Also once I've beaten the Crimson Fields,if I wish to farm the War Oni again for gear,is doing the entire instance again required? Farming is a bit new to me,as in Kropotoia I could farm some bosses without doing this.
I find using a wand that is Ice helps with those shields.

As for the boss farming - some allow easy access while others will require getting to them.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Abigail759t on Aug 16, 2013 wrote:
Use your secondary school. Or use blades/traps in combination with the prism.
As for the War Oni, yes you will have to do the dungeon again (to the point of getting access to the Oni) to farm it.
Dungeons are different that regular instances, that's why you'd have to start over.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2009
An easy way to get rid of the ice shield is to have a wand that gives an ice wand spell it's worked very well for me.

Blaze ashblood lvl. 63

Squire
Jul 04, 2012