Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tank or Spam?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
Hi everybody :P :P
I'm going to level 80 tomorrow on my death, which is my highest wiz. I can get the lance wand thing in the crowns shop along with the ghostchaser boots.
I need help deciding on a pvp strategy.
Right now, spam is working really well for me. You can kill minions if you feel like it at any time, it keeps the other guy on the defensive, and with doom and gloom, its just a slow beat down.

I'm thinking about using a tank deck though, using the new pierce things at level 80 to hit hard with skeletal dragon. Using the gear i mentioned along with blade pierce and infallible, I can get up to thirty five pierce.

I also have two gear sets to figure out.
1. waterworks. pros: great pip chance, sturdy resist for all schools CONS: bad critical, low life, bad block
2. crafted avalon. pros: great critical, great block, high life CONS: horrible pip chance, secluded resist to myth and life

Should I go for critical or critical block? the new boots vs. the old ones: i'll lose six resist and eighty block, i'll gain five pierce and fifty critical, as well as a bit of damage.
lol its like shopping for new clothes...:D pls help me pick! :D
Seth Legend Person!

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
sethlegendperson on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Hi everybody :P :P
I'm going to level 80 tomorrow on my death, which is my highest wiz. I can get the lance wand thing in the crowns shop along with the ghostchaser boots.
I need help deciding on a pvp strategy.
Right now, spam is working really well for me. You can kill minions if you feel like it at any time, it keeps the other guy on the defensive, and with doom and gloom, its just a slow beat down.

I'm thinking about using a tank deck though, using the new pierce things at level 80 to hit hard with skeletal dragon. Using the gear i mentioned along with blade pierce and infallible, I can get up to thirty five pierce.

I also have two gear sets to figure out.
1. waterworks. pros: great pip chance, sturdy resist for all schools CONS: bad critical, low life, bad block
2. crafted avalon. pros: great critical, great block, high life CONS: horrible pip chance, secluded resist to myth and life

Should I go for critical or critical block? the new boots vs. the old ones: i'll lose six resist and eighty block, i'll gain five pierce and fifty critical, as well as a bit of damage.
lol its like shopping for new clothes...:D pls help me pick! :D
Seth Legend Person!
I will tell you my Warlord level 81 Death's setup. Get crafted boots (for block) and wear Waterworks hat and robes (for damage), craft the courtly dirk or eagle razor beak, and wear a ring that gives attack. Now in my deck are a combination of shields (tower and storm and fire) sacrifice, blades (not dark pact), infallible, and the attacks are Skeleton Dragon, (primary attack) Poison, and Wraith.

Strategy: Blade up then Skeleton Dragon, follow up with poison right after it. This keeps them from triaging the dragon off, as well as shifting it. Then if they aren't dead use some poisons throw on infects do anything you can to keep them from healing. Doom if you want to.

My strategy as a Warlord Death (sorry for not explaining it better)
Wolf Deathhammer

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I would use critical block, but that is just my opinion. I would use critical block because some wizards have a high critical, because wizards can wipe you out in one spell if they achieve a critical. I also like waiting, the longer you wait, the more stress gets to your oponent.