Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Upgraded gold system (atm). plz comment

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
For all the wizard out there that are higher lvls and already maxed out your gold (300,000) I think it would be awesome if there would be an atm machine in every world to where all your extra gold would be stored and when your bag would start to go down you would be able to go to the atm and get the desired amount of gold you want. Who is with me on this idea

James Hawkeyes
level 53
Grandmaster

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
James Hawkeyes on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
For all the wizard out there that are higher lvls and already maxed out your gold (300,000) I think it would be awesome if there would be an atm machine in every world to where all your extra gold would be stored and when your bag would start to go down you would be able to go to the atm and get the desired amount of gold you want. Who is with me on this idea

James Hawkeyes
level 53
Grandmaster
James,

I am surprised KI has never allowed us to put our money in our banks. It would make sense to do this, since we can put everything except TCs and money in our shared banks.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Level 90s can get max gold? It's so hard for me, and I'm lvl 90!

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Alura BH on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Level 90s can get max gold? It's so hard for me, and I'm lvl 90!
Stop spending on stuff you really don't need!!!! I am maxed out 99.9% of the time and actually found a way to save SOME of the gold I would otherwise lose by allowing my piggy bank to overflow. Other than the max gold I carry around in my "pockets", I have over 2,000,000 gold in my houses and countless millions in stored reagents. If it looks like I need to replenish my "pockets" for multiple or frequent hatches for example), I can just run home and dip into my stash.

Of the 12 houses I currently own, most are not decorated and used for storage only. The only thing I use my houses for are to garden.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I think that is a awesome idea i find that i am sometimes un able to sell things that I want to get rid of because of my gold storage and when i am maxed out there is nothing to buy. I agree awesome idea

Matthew Dragon Flame, Lvl 73

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
yup but like you I'm not level 90 so it doesn't affect us

Joshua Battle Hammer level 65

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
James Hawkeyes on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:

James Hawkeyes
level 53
Grandmaster
Lol the word bag was supposed to be gold my bad

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
I'm a promethean and I don't really farm a lot, so I don't usually have max gold.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I'm a promethean and I don't really farm a lot, so I don't usually have max gold.
Lol i have been questing with the same gear since lvl 40 because its the pagoda gear and my gold piles up.

James Hawkeyes
level 55
Grandmaster

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
OldStormWizard on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Stop spending on stuff you really don't need!!!! I am maxed out 99.9% of the time and actually found a way to save SOME of the gold I would otherwise lose by allowing my piggy bank to overflow. Other than the max gold I carry around in my "pockets", I have over 2,000,000 gold in my houses and countless millions in stored reagents. If it looks like I need to replenish my "pockets" for multiple or frequent hatches for example), I can just run home and dip into my stash.

Of the 12 houses I currently own, most are not decorated and used for storage only. The only thing I use my houses for are to garden.
How do you have extra gold to overflow into your bank? I thought we weren't allowed to put gold in our banks.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
How do you have extra gold to overflow into your bank? I thought we weren't allowed to put gold in our banks.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90
It doesn't overflow into my bank. What i meant was, when your gold "bank" reaches maximum any gold you earn after that virtually overflows but never goes higher. Like pouring 10 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. It overflows onto the ground, but you still only have what the original bucket could hold. By having gold stashed in my house, I buy stuff that's worth a lot of gold and store that item in one my houses. Take this for instance. Max gold for a level 90 is 350,000. When i reach that maximum, I go to the bazaar and buy something that's worth a lot of gold. The tapestries for instance. You buy one in the bazaar for 75,000 gold and take it to your house and hang it on the wall. You earn more gold and sooner or later you are back to max gold. Go buy another tapestry and hang it on your wall. Just keep doing it over and over. I have about 40 tapestries on the wall as well as 25 or so of the commemorative statues. But by questing, farming, or gardening, I am right back to max gold again. I know i buy them for 75,000 each, and they sell for only 25,000, but that's 25,000 gold that technically would have overflowed my bank and been lost.

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
OldStormWizard on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
It doesn't overflow into my bank. What i meant was, when your gold "bank" reaches maximum any gold you earn after that virtually overflows but never goes higher. Like pouring 10 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. It overflows onto the ground, but you still only have what the original bucket could hold. By having gold stashed in my house, I buy stuff that's worth a lot of gold and store that item in one my houses. Take this for instance. Max gold for a level 90 is 350,000. When i reach that maximum, I go to the bazaar and buy something that's worth a lot of gold. The tapestries for instance. You buy one in the bazaar for 75,000 gold and take it to your house and hang it on the wall. You earn more gold and sooner or later you are back to max gold. Go buy another tapestry and hang it on your wall. Just keep doing it over and over. I have about 40 tapestries on the wall as well as 25 or so of the commemorative statues. But by questing, farming, or gardening, I am right back to max gold again. I know i buy them for 75,000 each, and they sell for only 25,000, but that's 25,000 gold that technically would have overflowed my bank and been lost.
hmm I didnt know lvl 90s get a higher max gold.