Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster is Horrible

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 26, 2012
I have farmed the loremaster 20+ times, and all I have gotten is wands decks and treasure cards, no spells, for everyone saying the chances are great you are wrong, I hope KI will change it so it is a little easier. I have been farming with my friend and neither one of us have gotten a spell

~John Dragoncatcher 84~

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
i know right i've farmed loremaster for 3 days on my death and still no spells the drop rate is horrible

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
These are SPELLS. I say horrible drop rate is good because otherwise you have to spend months getting amber for these spells. And the loremaster spell needs a horrible drop rate because it's not craftable.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Truthfully, if Loremaster were to drop spells every 20 battles or so, what would be the point of having the packs and crafting the spells itself? Loremaster was meant to have higher chances of dropping the spells but it is still a REALLY low drop rate.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
why you complain? you want everything easy. getting a spell is all luck however if you feel stress then just quit farming. packs are worse, I have used 40 dollars on the pharaohs pack and got zero mount.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
20+ is a small number. I think it is just fare. This is a permanent spell we are talking about, not TC.
Have you considered the people who crafted there spell using amber and stuff. It took them weeks or more for the ingredients. Then they will just find out its so easy to get it from Loremaster, now that's unfair.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2010
I think it's a fair drop rate, except when someone goes in there first time and gets one, I've beat loremaster at least 30+ times now still haven't got one :/

Survivor
May 25, 2009
Grim2626 on Aug 12, 2013 wrote:
I have farmed the loremaster 20+ times, and all I have gotten is wands decks and treasure cards, no spells, for everyone saying the chances are great you are wrong, I hope KI will change it so it is a little easier. I have been farming with my friend and neither one of us have gotten a spell

~John Dragoncatcher 84~
That's nothing try for six days of nothing but farming that evil boss... And get nothing you need in return

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I think it's great. I've picked up several spells, and the dropped gear sells for fair gold. It's also fun to get the school wands - I have a full set now - and the treasure cards! Wow, some very good ones. Spells are pretty much the ultimate drops, so I wouldn't expect them too often.

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
Loremaster is great. I know the drop rate for the spells is low - but that really is a good thing. These spells, keep in mind, are quite difficult to craft. Despite the loremaster being there, I still ended up crafting keeper of the flame yesterday (yay me!) because I'm still gardening for reagents.

The important point is that the loremaster allows us to approach this from multiple angles: gardening and boss farming. This greatly increases our odds of getting the spells. Not to mention the treasure cards she drops are amazing. Very expensive healing spells. The wands are totally neat, too. I think I might have a full set also!

There is one enormously important aspect to the Loremaster that a lot of people keep forgetting. She is the direct result of KI listening to their players that were complaining about not being able to farm bosses for the spells. Many people said that they would be happy if they could do it that way instead of gardening and crafting. KI listened and gave us what we wanted. Loremaster is evidence of a company that cares and listens in its quest to create a perfect fantasy game for people of all ages to come together in and enjoy their time together.

I greatly appreciate that fact, too. This is the first online game I've played where the company actually cares and, I have to say, it's a very good feeling. It's the only reason I pay to play and spend money on crowns - because I want KI to succeed, I want to use my money to say "Yes, this is what companies should be like!"