Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Im confused plz comment

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
I am really confused when people say they farm for gears and spells. Isnt that like gardenig or is it different? This has been really bugging me. Can anyone help me understand?

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011
It is different, gardening you take care of plants and harvest them to get stuff, and farming is when you fight bosses or something like that to get gear and spells. I hope that helped.

Mariah RainbowDust

when life gives you pips, cast a spell

Explorer
Apr 14, 2013
James Hawkeyes on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
I am really confused when people say they farm for gears and spells. Isnt that like gardenig or is it different? This has been really bugging me. Can anyone help me understand?
Farming means battling an enemy a number of times to try to get good stuff from them.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Farming = repeatedly fighting a monster until it drops what you wanted from it.

Certain bosses do have loot some want so they will do this type of Farming.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
The term 'farming' means to battle specific bosses that drop gear/spells that you want. You can also 'farm' for reagents by running amok in certain areas.

Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
When people refer to "Farming for Gold" or "Farming for Gear", they don't mean Gardening for these. Well, you can get gold from harvesting plants, but that's beside the point.

When people go "Farming", that means that they are taking some time off of questing to go attack a boss or two, several hundred times for specific drops. There are many different sources to get gear/gold.

A little advice, if people say something like "Want to go farm Thurnir for gold?" or "Want to go farm Waterworks for gear?", they're saying that they want to go for that boss/instance to get the gold/gear.

Hope this helps!

-Mark DeathMask

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
They mean continually beating a boss trying to get a specific gear/item/thingamajigger. You can also farm a plant, meaning grow several of the kind and try to look for a specific item like amber. Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Farming means repeatedly doing a task over and over again to gain a certain object.
Example: farming for (rubies) by killing a (monster) over and over that has a high drop rate for said item.
Hope that helps clear things up for you.