Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cyclops lane no longer safe?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
ok ki i have a complaint and something to smile at i was in cyclops lane when i just see this rapid moving cyclops that walked way faster then any i have ever seen coming strait at me then it just walked up on the side walk i tryed to fight it before it ran off the side walk lol but still that could be a prob for the younger wizards ki plz respond or at least fix this weird thing.
taylor ghost leaf lvl 44
life is strong but no school is great.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Omg that's really creepy especially for younger kids. I HATE when something is following me or charging straight at me!!!! It scares me for a second xD lol!!! I have never seen this before but cyclops do walk pretty fast lol

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
Lol I assure you that you don't have to have any worries of a Cyclops running you down on the side walks. Maybe your Internet had a short interference and that happens when you lose connection. You have no worries of any monster grabbing you into battle from the sidewalk. Just try not to walk across clearings in streets when you see that. It can get you in a heap of trouble. Have a blessed day.

Blaze Star lvl 90
Blaze Dream lvl 81
Blaze lvl 74
Blaze Dawn lvl 30

Explorer
May 17, 2010
There are 2 possibilities here. Either:
a. you are being funny and talking about another player that has a cyclops transformation, or
b. you are talking about an actual cyclops street monster that appeared to walk out of the street and probably through walls. This is an effect that happens when you lose the connection with the server. The way I think of it is that the KI servers control the whole game and send the program on your computer the next few steps/instructions like cyclops walks east. If the server doesn't update your computer program, the program just keeps doing that last known instruction.
Similar but opposite is if you run in a direction and then switch windows, your computer said run east but never updates any changes so others see you floating into space/through walls/etc...
The system is complicated and I'm sure I have a very naive view of how that all works, but just know that KI has put together an amazing system and has done an awesome job of keeping it running smoothly.
So when you see these little glitches don't say "aw KI can't you fix that", but rather "wow KI you are so awesome that this little glitch didn't crash the server or my computer or kick me off the game right away, etc..."
Think positive :)

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
Maybe it was a transformation. You can get these at the crown shop.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 52

Survivor
Aug 20, 2012
It happens to me but it stays right next to the side walk and i'lll be one the side walk and it will take me to a battle.Though it never happens in cyclops lane.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
guys when you said it was a transformation you were wrong it could not have been one
for one it had no name over it
two it walked like a mob creature would
three it had its rank like rank two!
taylor ghost leaflvl 44
life is strong but no school is great

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Theamazingbalance on Aug 9, 2013 wrote:
guys when you said it was a transformation you were wrong it could not have been one
for one it had no name over it
two it walked like a mob creature would
three it had its rank like rank two!
taylor ghost leaflvl 44
life is strong but no school is great
I have also seen this more than once.

1). It WAS NOT a transformation

2). My connection was just fine and I was not lagging.

In the past I have seen this in other areas but each time it was from lag or loss of connection. The occurrences in cyclops lane are different and not caused by these problems.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
As I4C said, It could be either an disconnection due to a disturbance between your computer and your internet, or it could be a player that had purchased a disguise from the crowns shop.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
Theamazingbalance on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
ok ki i have a complaint and something to smile at i was in cyclops lane when i just see this rapid moving cyclops that walked way faster then any i have ever seen coming strait at me then it just walked up on the side walk i tryed to fight it before it ran off the side walk lol but still that could be a prob for the younger wizards ki plz respond or at least fix this weird thing.
taylor ghost leaf lvl 44
Actually i noticed sometimes if you lag, some characters might walk into walls XD or even walk right through when your battling some(one)(thing). This i actually believe is from internet...Because when this happens, it usually logs me out and and says i lost connection to the game. But sometimes i see this in mooshu and krokotopia, and i have perfectly good internet...

strange ISNT it?

Survivor
Nov 02, 2011
Actually that has happened to me on multiple occasions. Idk if it is just a bug or I am lagging but I do have pretty good connection though.

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I don't mean to but this happens to me sometimes and I know why it happens. It is because you have lost your internet connection and for some reason the monsters stop walking on their programed route and continue walking straight in the direction they were facing when the connection was lost. They can walk right off the map and through buildings and just keep going. If you want to try it out just cut your internet while the game is running and watch.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
This actually happens to me quite a lot; I know it is because I lose connection momentarily. People with a "good" connection will probably still encounter this problem occasionally or once in a while, especially if they've got others doing things that demand a lot of internet use such as streaming videos, playing games, etc.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
Theamazingbalance on Aug 8, 2013 wrote:
taylor ghost leaf lvl 44
That has happened to me, but not a monster! It was a person, you know, like one that gives you quests. I went up to one and it just zoomed away, very fast with the question mark over it's head. It was scary!
My computer's internet connection was fine and the game wasn't freezing or glitching, so what was happening was left unknown.

Katie Duskleaf, level 46 , and yes, I agree, life is pretty awesome! :)

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
this might have been because of connection problems

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I have a funny story!

A couple months ago I was in Cyclopes Lane, taking a leisurely stroll, watching the newer wizards have fun. I was loving watching and decided to join them. Then a Cyclopes was actually
Walking On The Sidewalk!!!!!! I was challenged and I won! I'm serious though. Cyclopes Lane has done that several times!

Victoria MoonBreeze

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
I was actually walking in Cyclops Lane when a cyclops walked straight through a building.
It was rather strange now that It think about it. He came out the other side, which made me freak out.

'Cya 'Round the Spiral
Destiny Waterthief

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
I saw a Cyclops walk off the street, across a sidewalk and walk into the side of a building. then it turned around and went back into the street. i saw it twice today. it isn't internet connection (i have a very stable broadband) but my guess is, it is a glitch in the "path" that the characters walk on. just like you see the black geometric shapes that pop up now and then (they use to do it a lot near Barnaby). i'm guessing there is a hole in the path and they wander of course now and then.