Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm or fire?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 25, 2013
So I have been playing for a while now, but my school doesn't quite fit me. My first wizard, Destiny Windgem, is a level 48 and I am wondering if I should continue her, or make a wizard. The fire school fits me better, but I don't really want to give up on Destiny at this level. Thanks for your opinion!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Destiny Windgem on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
So I have been playing for a while now, but my school doesn't quite fit me. My first wizard, Destiny Windgem, is a level 48 and I am wondering if I should continue her, or make a wizard. The fire school fits me better, but I don't really want to give up on Destiny at this level. Thanks for your opinion!
Continue her is what i would do. Also make a wizard as well. that way when you get tired of playing destiny, get on your wizard and play on her and vice versa!

Hope this helps!!!!

Paige FairydreamerLevel 46

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Here is what I would do-
Make a fire wizard, continue to play on destiny, but every other day get on the fire wizard. Today I made a life wizard but I will continue to get on my other wizards.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I say, level your storm to level 60-70, then make a fire wizard and level her up a bit.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
I suggest both. Fire fits me pretty well. Hardly any bosses and baddies are fire, we have a high selection of clothes (all from vendors, but they're better then our rare craftable clothes by a ton), We have really strong spells with strong buffs, almost as much health as myth people do if you buy clothes frequently, medium critical and critical block ratings, some ingoing/outgoing healing, the all famous and powerful heck hound spell, and much more! But, I also say level up your storm wizard. Level up your fire wizard quickly so that they're both at about the same level, and then keep switching whenever you get tired of one of the wizard or the quests. Hope this helps!

-Nathaniel Redflame level 46

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks everyone! I will do what Moonlighterz100 said, but instead of fire, I might try to find a school that fits me even better- either death or balance.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Do what i did; Make that other wizard, and contiune playing your main, and playing your fire, say, a hour on the fire, then go to destiny and vice versa

Alura Battleheart 89, Alura Rainheart 27 , Brecken Storytalon 5, Krestal Wintergrove 3,
Rachel Dragonheart 1 , and Olivia, The Annoying Orange Girl 1.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2011
I would go for storm. It is the best school out of all. and It has the strongest spells that are fun to use against enemies. although storm has the least health, it still has great power to conquer and save the worlds with. I suggest storm and go all the way. and if anyone wants to object. we can battle. if battle find me in Azteca in cloudburst forest. bye

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
You can study fire too. Just have training points ready and you can learn fire spells. trust me, the fire school, is a great school because you can learn spells that cause damage over rounds.

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
I have a myth wizard who couldn't do quests cause they were too hard. I made a balance wizard, but, I missed my wizard. Don't change
Emma Emeraldsword.llvl49

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
You should keep your storm, and make a fire too. I am getting a bit tired of my myth, so I started a fire myself. I'm only level 10, but I won't give up. Neither should you. Since storm is all of a sudden THE BEST school, you shouldn't delete any old wizards. And tell me how your doing with your fire later on, up in the higher levels. Good luck, you won't need it.

Robert Dragonrider lvl 78 , Steven rainbow horn lvl 10

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
You have room for six wizards

Make six wizards!

Just remember to switch off once in a while to keep leveling them evenly, and add your fire's friends to your storm, to your death, etc.

That way no matter which wizard you're playing you will always have questing buddies online. And nobody will get left behind because everyone is leveling up at about the same pace.

The wizards you're not actively questing on, have banks and backpacks to hold extra loot you don't want to sell. Things they may find useful in the future, or things for a house you want to buy but don't have dorm space for.

I like fire best myself, I love DoT and Fire Elf is prob one of my favorite spells of all time. It's like a two-pip spell that says "Target player can't shield for the next 3 turns". I love it so much, almost all my other wiz train Fire to Elf so they can mutate elf to whatever suits them, or just slap a Colossal on it and burn away 3 turns worth of towers.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I personally am a fire wizard I can say that I I have trauble faceing more than one enemy at a I'm with fire school...but I tried storm they are better with quick burst damage and fire os great for d.o.t (damage over time) wich gives them the advantage to sneak in a good heck hound spell with full pips to destroy there enemy over the period of three rounds but the trick is to get your minion and the plus 25% ring around the battle field first before you get to far into the game because your minion will do most of the d.o.t for you with fore elf.

Good luck to all on there adventures through the spiral.

Sincerley, wolf griffandust. lvl 31 pyromancer

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Destiny Windgem on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
Thanks everyone! I will do what Moonlighterz100 said, but instead of fire, I might try to find a school that fits me even better- either death or balance.
Don't do balance you'll regret it.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Survivor
Nov 15, 2010
I am and I am a level 33 and its fun going on my account but not all the time is it fun. when I go on I go on my younger characters it gets boring I don't know what to do? and I think just continuing on my older characters and its not all ways easy especially when some people have text chat and you don't it makes it harder to play so when I am in battle I make sure to see who has text chat and who dose not thx