Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Catching up on crafting... yes or no?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
So, I am a level 33 and I stopped crafting when I started Krok (am on MB now) and I am wondering if I should bother to catch up or is it not worth the trouble. People also say that the crafting gear is good, but is it worth catching up or is the boss/quest gear alright. I also have the same question about gardening, should I keep doing it or not.

One last thing, I posted this in Ravenwood commons before by accident, so if the moderators want to delete it from ravenwood commons, they can.

Brady StormCaster, Level 33

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Skyscreem on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
So, I am a level 33 and I stopped crafting when I started Krok (am on MB now) and I am wondering if I should bother to catch up or is it not worth the trouble. People also say that the crafting gear is good, but is it worth catching up or is the boss/quest gear alright. I also have the same question about gardening, should I keep doing it or not.

One last thing, I posted this in Ravenwood commons before by accident, so if the moderators want to delete it from ravenwood commons, they can.

Brady StormCaster, Level 33
I craft though the Seal of the Seven Seas and make the Wintertusk crafted gear. Later on there is other gear that may interest you in Avalon.

I am not saying you can't get though the game on dropped or Bazaar bought gear but find that the crafted saves me from Water Works runs. We seem to have to get a lot of mileage out of that level gear as I am in Aztecia with some of it still.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Catching up is usually even easier than doing it at the normal level, as you should have collected more of the reagents required during the normal course of play. If it is worth the time for you is a personal question, and depends on what you will want to do with the game. If you want to push your character to the best, crafted items can help quite a bit with that. Personally, I find that the crafted gear is some of the bet you can obtain in the game. You can likely get by with dropped armor, not including waterworks, depending on your play style.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Depends on what you like for housing and gear

Look up the crafted gear, and see if you like it. Also look up the crafted furniture if you like to decorate.

If you like these, I suggest you craft.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The higher level you are the easier catching up becomes. Access to reagents and wealth (to purchase reagents at bazaar) makes it soooo much easier.

Hint:
Never ever sell reagents to make some gold. Always keep your reagents for crafting! If you think you will never need a couple hundred stone blocks... think again. You will need fossils, and transmuting stone blocks gives fossils. Most of the really common reagents can be transmuted to make the more rare ones. And don't be selling off your rare reagents!

~ RH

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
I think i'll probably start buying stuff from the bazaar (reagents) and I will EVENTUALLY start again, but not right now as I need to restock. I might also go through worlds at random and get reagents.
Thank you for this and I wish you guys luck on whatever you are doing ATM. ;)

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
well it depends, if you plan on doing waterworks for the ww gear then you don't really need to. however if your not then I would catch up in crafting, however it is my personal opinion that next's worlds crafted gear will have universal resist and block as well as the other stats we really need and not pierce because pve doesn't need pierce, we have prisms for bosses and mobs of our own schools(however balance gear may need a little of it).