Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

criticals

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
My storm wizard has just got the ability to critical. My only problem is finding gear to help me with the percentage. What gear should I wear? I know everyone is going to say to check out the bazaar. I have done that so many times. So, can anyone recommend anything that helps my storm critical rating? Thanks! And also I want to keep my health stats too.

Nicholas Level 51 Grandmaster Diviner Savior of the Spiral

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
Well, I'm no expert on criticals, but once you reach level 60, the Waterworks gear should be the best available.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Nick7312 on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
My storm wizard has just got the ability to critical. My only problem is finding gear to help me with the percentage. What gear should I wear? I know everyone is going to say to check out the bazaar. I have done that so many times. So, can anyone recommend anything that helps my storm critical rating? Thanks! And also I want to keep my health stats too.

At level 50 it's rough to get a good critical rating for any school. I would not know about crown item gear but am talking about in game stuff that can be had by earning it or with gold from the Bazaar.

My wizards usually wait till they can wear the Wintertusk crafted gear at lvl 56, other wise they have used the level 58 gear as a substitute.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I know you may think the idea is unfair to other players but I use it for enemy vs. Player. Most gear you can get from card packs have critical ratings. I don't even have the ability to gain critical yet and I have a thirdy critical rating on every class. So I hope this helped and good luck.

Wolf griffandust lvl 31 pyromancer, peace

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
ThomasSkyshard on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
Well, I'm no expert on criticals, but once you reach level 60, the Waterworks gear should be the best available.
Water works gear for storm is not the best. It gives low resist, and not enough damage or critical rating for my liking. In my words the best Storm gear out there is the crafted gear. It's about the same with every other school. But I think this gear combo is the best for any storm wizard:
Royal Storm Crown Of Azteca.(Hat)
Level Required- Level 86+
+225 Health
+7% Storm Accuracy
+10% Ice Resist 20+%Fire Resist
+150 Storm Critical chance
+1 Elemental Spear item Card.
No Auction

Royal Storm Tunic of Azteca (Robe)
Level Required- Level 84+
+250 Health
+8% Storm Accuracy
+24%Storm Damage
+13% Universal Resist
+75 Storm Critical chance
+60 Fire and plus 72 Ice Critical Block Rating
No Auction

Heavy Rain Slippers(Boots)
Level Required- Level 80+
150+ Health
9+ Storm Accuracy
20+ Storm Damage
+40 Storm Critical chance
+30 Universal Block
+7% Armor Piercing
+1 Healing Current item Card
No Auction
(This one costs Crowns though)

Also Woodland Tribal gear from Avalon is also great Storm gear. Plus when you get into higher worlds I tend to look at critical block more than the critical chance itself. Most bosses tend to critical, and almost always block yours.

Winter Wolf
Taylor Rose-90

Taylor StormBreaker-90

Taylor SilverHeart-50

Taylor HawkEyes-14(Overlord)

Taylor NightSong-35

Taylor IceShard-20

Survivor
May 21, 2013
Nick7312 on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:

yea you should probably wear waterworks robe and hood but wear crafted gear boots for good health and crit and you should wear crafted athames for health or ones from the bazaar i hope this helps (Blaze ravenmender lvl 53 Blaze moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
if im not mistaken you can get a wand that crits (im not sure what level thats available) or you can find shop around celestia for some crict gear for you

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There's not much out there at level 50 for critical gear. You would think so, since at 50, things get tougher in the Spiral with mobs that do critical.

Have you started Wintertusk yet? If not, it would be a good time, as there are vendors in the beginning of Wintertusk that have halfway decent L50 gear to get you started.

Do you craft at all? The Wintertusk L56 crafted gear is excellent, and as far as I'm concerned, exceeds Waterworks in so many ways except Universal Resistance (darn).

If you haven't worked on Grizzleheim, I would suggest doing the main quests there, so you can open up Wintertusk. There, you can get an enormous amount of XP and level up fast before you start Celestia, plus, don't forget I just mentioned the L56 gear that you can craft from the recipe vendor in Sudrilund.

Hang in there. There's not much out there at your level, neither in the Bazaar nor at the vendors. If you have started Celestia, there are some decent drops that will help a lot.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Well at level 58 there is some good gear for that, for life it's called the Robes of Rapture, you will know it's the right one because it's level 58 +.

Main Chris MythFriend level 44
Secondary Chris LifeFriend level 66

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
The best thing is to check The Bazaar. If you cannot find anything there, the best place is the waterworks, celestia enemies drop critical items on a regular basis. Maybe teleport to a friend in a dungeon like the Lunarium.

~Angel Shadowfist LVL 63~

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
Thanks for the help! By the way, in Grizzleheim, I am about finished with Ravenscar. Is this when you get Wintertusk? I would like to get the gear there. Thanks again!

P.S. I am now level 52 :)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
if all you wont is critical why because when you start getting in the higher levels critical is gonna be useless all the bosses block your critical in my opion i would buy clothes with health, block and damage (cameron hexleaf level 78 )