Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is and isn't puppeting?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
I've been wondering what the wizard101 community classifies puppeting as lately. Recently, I played a match with my level 40 balance friend as my level 51 fire. When we got into the match we fought a level 11 fire warlord and a level 37 fire warlord. During the fight we both buffed ourselves separately except for a few bladestorms and a tc legion shield, and In the end managed to beat them. When the match was over they both started accusing us of puppeting and reported us before leaving. I private messaged one of them how It's puppeting to have an 11 level difference and not puppeting when you have a 26 level difference, and he said once your a high rank your allowed to play with other high ranks regardless of level and started calling me a noob quite continuously; which kind of irked me since I've been on this game for 6 years, was veteran, and hadn't lost yet even though all of our matches have been against warlord high level difference teams. Is it puppeting when you are playing with a friend only a little bit lower level than you, and they don't even boost on you? and where did all this "warlords can do whatever they want" thing come from? has anyone else been experiencing this in Pvp?

Sincerely, Michael Firebringer51 veteran 6-0

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
I guess this people need to know that puppeting is when a LvL such as 90 is with a 10 in that case that's puppeting I was going against grandmaster's in my Death due to me being captain but i never called them puppets or such until i went against an archmage I think I have bad memory in remembering things

Jeremy Dark smith lvl 24

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Just because one guy told you that you are a noob you going to mad about it and make post about it? Wow my friend that ONE guy sure made a difference... Puppet or not just pvp, do whatever you think is right. Do whatever you believe in. Just because one told you that you are a noob does not mean the other people think you are a noob, next time just try to ignore that person.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
This really doesn't sound like a "Pvp is so messed up now" thread to me. All that the starter of this thread did is say an example in a completely calm and logically way of what was happening to him, and asked if anyone else was experiencing these same issues. I do agree that you need to just do whatever you want to do; keep in mind that in the code of conduct on reportable offenses, it says that "Unfair Pvp" is NOT something to be reported about. Just ignore, have fun, and remember that at 6-0 you probably have a much better ratio then them.

Also, as a reply to your actually question, no that doesn't sound at all like you were puppeting, yes some warlords get really big heads but the majority are alright, and yes I experience people like this in pvp, but I just keep winning and call it good.

Malorn AshthornWarlord

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
1360flames on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I've been wondering what the wizard101 community classifies puppeting as lately. Recently, I played a match with my level 40 balance friend as my level 51 fire. When we got into the match we fought a level 11 fire warlord and a level 37 fire warlord. During the fight we both buffed ourselves separately except for a few bladestorms and a tc legion shield, and In the end managed to beat them. When the match was over they both started accusing us of puppeting and reported us before leaving. I private messaged one of them how It's puppeting to have an 11 level difference and not puppeting when you have a 26 level difference, and he said once your a high rank your allowed to play with other high ranks regardless of level and started calling me a noob quite continuously; which kind of irked me since I've been on this game for 6 years, was veteran, and hadn't lost yet even though all of our matches have been against warlord high level difference teams. Is it puppeting when you are playing with a friend only a little bit lower level than you, and they don't even boost on you? and where did all this "warlords can do whatever they want" thing come from? has anyone else been experiencing this in Pvp?

Sincerely, Michael Firebringer51 veteran 6-0
That was all a lie what he just said. You ARE allowed to play with other high ranks even if your a level 40 private doesn't make it wrong to play with a level 45 warlord all of a sudden. He was just mad he lost, don't pay attention to people like that. -Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer.