Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astonishing discovery by a mere myth student!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
Interesting. But theTritons ruled the sea, not the sky. The Dragons ruled the underground. Balance has hydra, but also Chimera, which does spiritual damage. Sorry to be a downer. Or should I say reality wizard lol.
Hunter Splellstone lvl 40 Master

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Krokenguy on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:
Interesting. But theTritons ruled the sea, not the sky. The Dragons ruled the underground. Balance has hydra, but also Chimera, which does spiritual damage. Sorry to be a downer. Or should I say reality wizard lol.
Hunter Splellstone lvl 40 Master
um no one said the tritons didn't rule the sea and dragons rule the mountains giants rule the skies

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
critical blizzard on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
um no one said the tritons didn't rule the sea and dragons rule the mountains giants rule the skies
Sorry, but it sounded as though it was stated in this thread that the Tritons rules the skies. Sorry if I misunderstood. And, as a fire wizard, I have read the History book in the Fire classroom multiple times and I know that the dragons ruled the underground.
On a completly unrelated note, are you by any chance related to critical death, or is it just coincidence that your user names are so similar lol

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Andrew Dragonstone on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Here is a great idea Terra magic is too much like life. But there could be a opposite of balance! Insanity school! A phsycomancer! It could be spiritual since being crazy has to do with the mind yourself and spirit. Balance could me elemental since the hydra spell is balance but hydra has elemental heads it wouldnt make since if a spiritual school taught a hydra. Then maybe life school could have its own god. The dryads that gave life to all wizards and creatures. It would be added to the story of giants dragons and tritons. Plus giants are the only spiritual gods apart of the story. It would be cool of another spiritual god the dryads were added. Then there will be to elemental gods apart of story and to spiritual gods apart of the story!
Balance inherits all schools simply making it inherit insanity spells and myth is very insane due to their crazy imagination

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Krokenguy on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Sorry, but it sounded as though it was stated in this thread that the Tritons rules the skies. Sorry if I misunderstood. And, as a fire wizard, I have read the History book in the Fire classroom multiple times and I know that the dragons ruled the underground.
On a completly unrelated note, are you by any chance related to critical death, or is it just coincidence that your user names are so similar lol
Coincidence. And I don't even play a death wiz, it's just how I die now.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Exrudius11 on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Hello, let me start off who I am.
My name is Valerian Earthmancer. I love to study and I'm a myth student. So I've used my most powerful myth mind to research the following.
There is more to the story of the dragons, giants, and tritons. There is another God-like being who hailed the lands or should I say underground. I've been researching on an old ancient school of magic.
'Terra Magic'
There had to be a reason for our floating islands. A kind of magic of earth that linked the lands. I've even found traces of terra magic in myth magic. I mean. Is earthquake really myth? Or is that the only known terra spell and we decided to shove it with the other myth spells?
Lemme talk about the giants, dragons, and tritons again.
We all know those three ruled the land's sky's and sea's but what about underneath? The underground? Could it be some sort of terra god-being slumbered for thousands of years after using all it's energy to create the lands?
So many questions...
Anyways, after all my research I've concluded that there is a possibility of this being true. Such a school can exist in the elemental schools. Lemme tell you what I believe terra magic students would use or what I call it "Geomancers/Geomancy" they wouldn't be defensive since ice covers that. But look at earthquake. It hits everyone. And what happens when you pick up alot of rocks and throw them? They spread out in the air. And look at landslides. They spread out. So Geomancers focus on dealing damage to everyone. And rocks are hard right? So they would have quite high health and mana but 80% accuracy. And another thing. Storm is in the sky earth is on the bottom. Wouldn't you think they're opposites? I believe the terra spell "Earthquake" In the myth school triggered an opposite attraction to generate higher damage from one another. And we just assumed they were opposites metaphorically. So this does lead to the new school.

And if there's another elemental school there is another spiritual school. Now you may wonder "what's the opposite of myth then? Life?" We'll your almost there. It's another hidden school. Hidden right Infront of our eyes.
'Reality Magic'
What's it do? Well it focuses on the opposite of myth. Since myth focuses on imagination and creating. Reality is the opposite. It focuses on dispelling magic. So I guess it was forgotten for being such a downer of a school. It summons however, creatures who are real. Like all those gold cards that are unlearnable like krokomummy or ninja pigs, they have traces of being reality magic. Reality magic students or what I call "Vociferests/Vocifery" they would have medium health and mana but 85% accuracy. Also the teleport spells like teleport to your house or to the commons or mark a teleport location may be reality magic

Is it possible these are true? Or is it just my crazy mythical imagination? Maybe if we ask Bartleby he would remember those ancient schools. Or perhaps not, and they wouldn't exist?
That's why is the opposite of !!!!!!!!!!!
I have never put these thoughts so deep.
We should send this to KI

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Here is a great idea Terra magic is too much like life. But there could be a opposite of balance! Insanity school! A phsycomancer! It could be spiritual since being crazy has to do with the mind yourself and spirit. Balance could me elemental since the hydra spell is balance but hydra has elemental heads it wouldnt make since if a spiritual school taught a hydra. Then maybe life school could have its own god. The dryads that gave life to all wizards and creatures. It would be added to the story of giants dragons and tritons. Plus giants are the only spiritual gods apart of the story. It would be cool of another spiritual god the dryads were added. Then there will be to elemental gods apart of story and to spiritual gods apart of the story!
Chaos School sounds better. Locomancers,

Survivor
May 17, 2009
Yes, i agree that it is past due for new schools. I think that they should create new schools that lower lvls can get, like one of the seven main schools, i mean the astral schools are awesome, but there are so many people that can't get to those yet, think about the poor people too. lol, but seriously, i think it is about time for some new schools for the lower lvl wizards, new main schools would be great, or have it to where you can get two main schools. ideas, ideas, ideas, amazing ideas

Survivor
Feb 07, 2013
well the reality school could be like, a dream stone and terra could be ore or something.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Krokenguy on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
i looked it up and it said rulers of earth for dragons

Survivor
Jan 02, 2012
That sounds cool but think Ravenwood is perfect the way it is now. I mean, 7 is the most magical number. And the whole area of Ravenwood would have to be re-designed. Sorry, I just think it would be too much trouble, and the schools we have now all fit together with the opposites and talents and weaknesses. That is just my opinion. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 43 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Thank you for your time.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
DESwizardgirl on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
That sounds cool but think Ravenwood is perfect the way it is now. I mean, 7 is the most magical number. And the whole area of Ravenwood would have to be re-designed. Sorry, I just think it would be too much trouble, and the schools we have now all fit together with the opposites and talents and weaknesses. That is just my opinion. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca Shadowbreeze Lvl 66 Megan Sunsong Lvl 51 Ryan Lvl 44 Haley Stormcloud Lvl 43 Sophia Rubyflame Lvl 35 Isabella Rose Lvl 32 Thank you for your time.
I agree. Storm and myth SHOULD be opposites! I mean it makes sense, right? Storm is all about looking to the future for inspiration, to find a way to make inventions to improve everything. Myth on the other hand looks to the past to find guidance from legends and well known heroes. Myth believes just about anything is possible. Both of these schools love creativity. But their methods of finding this creativity is different. I don't think they should just make two new schools and change everything. If its new schools you want, make them like the astral spells. But let them be available at a lower lvl. They shouldn't make huge changes to the game, or make new schools overpowered.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Hello, let me start off who I am.
My name is Valerian Earthmancer. I love to study and I'm a myth student. So I've used my most powerful myth mind to research the following.
There is more to the story of the dragons, giants, and tritons. There is another God-like being who hailed the lands or should I say underground. I've been researching on an old ancient school of magic.
'Terra Magic'
There had to be a reason for our floating islands. A kind of magic of earth that linked the lands. I've even found traces of terra magic in myth magic. I mean. Is earthquake really myth? Or is that the only known terra spell and we decided to shove it with the other myth spells?
Lemme talk about the giants, dragons, and tritons again.
We all know those three ruled the land's sky's and sea's but what about underneath? The underground? Could it be some sort of terra god-being slumbered for thousands of years after using all it's energy to create the lands?
So many questions...
Anyways, after all my research I've concluded that there is a possibility of this being true. Such a school can exist in the elemental schools. Lemme tell you what I believe terra magic students would use or what I call it "Geomancers/Geomancy" they wouldn't be defensive since ice covers that. But look at earthquake. It hits everyone. And what happens when you pick up alot of rocks and throw them? They spread out in the air. And look at landslides. They spread out. So Geomancers focus on dealing damage to everyone. And rocks are hard right? So they would have quite high health and mana but 80% accuracy. And another thing. Storm is in the sky earth is on the bottom. Wouldn't you think they're opposites? I believe the terra spell "Earthquake" In the myth school triggered an opposite attraction to generate higher damage from one another. And we just assumed they were opposites metaphorically. So this does lead to the new school.

And if there's another elemental school there is another spiritual school. Now you may wonder "what's the opposite of myth then? Life?" We'll your almost there. It's another hidden school. Hidden right Infront of our eyes.
'Reality Magic'
What's it do? Well it focuses on the opposite of myth. Since myth focuses on imagination and creating. Reality is the opposite. It focuses on dispelling magic. So I guess it was forgotten for being such a downer of a school. It summons however, creatures who are real. Like all those gold cards that are unlearnable like krokomummy or ninja pigs, they have traces of being reality magic. Reality magic students or what I call "Vociferests/Vocifery" they would have medium health and mana but 85% accuracy. Also the teleport spells like teleport to your house or to the commons or mark a teleport location may be reality magic

Is it possible these are true? Or is it just my crazy mythical imagination? Maybe if we ask Bartleby he would remember those ancient schools. Or perhaps not, and they wouldn't exist?
This is a very cool idea and goes directly with the new Feedback Friday question. I recommend going over there and linking this thread in your post - and answering her question in that post: Are these two new schools meant as supplements - like the Astral Magic - or are they major schools (like Myth) and we'd have to choose one of them as our primary school?

Don't worry if it's a main school. It doesn't necessarily mean a huge Training Point buy back. It could be for another game they're dreaming up. "College" in a future world, or only apply to newly created characters at that time.

Explorer
Oct 06, 2010
i totally and completely agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I hope KingIsle reads this. I wanna hear what they think. I mean. Isn't it time for new schools?
Didn't they already create three new schools (Sun, Star and Moon) anyway? Do we really need more?

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Rune Raider on Aug 18, 2013 wrote:
Didn't they already create three new schools (Sun, Star and Moon) anyway? Do we really need more?
yeah but you cannot be an astral wizard i think it would be great if you could buy terra or reality for crowns

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
All attributes have already been taken, Damage, Accuracy (basically life), Strategy, Health, Defense, and adding a school to W101 would be complete chaos. For those who have already Maxed every Wizard there is but one, this would be a disappointment. I believe you've created a new storyline, but a new spells class? That will be reserved for the bosses of the new world you are inspiring. As for the linked worlds, the Skyways and the power of magic has linked one door to every realm in the spiral. I believe that a magic beyond our knowledge has created the lands, yes. But the legends have been revealed, the Giants, the Dragons, all of it has been passed down from Wizard, to Wizard. The magic of reality has always been, never been a true inspiration of a spell class. Reality is not magic, but what ties the worlds together. That is the magic that ties each world to the other. I believe what you say does have meaning, and am dumbfounded as to how you thought this up, but the reason that Earthquake remains Myth, is because We are not one whole world. This is where science kicks in. Earthquakes are caused by the shifting in the Earth's crust, yes? As I said before, this is bits of pieces of Earth. Earthquakes probably became a Myth after being passed down with the legends of Giants and Dragons and Tritons, etc. As for buying terra or reality schools for crowns, I'm afraid that is a horrible idea that would cause 90% of the wizard community, still recovering from "The Age of the Crowns" to leave W101 forever. I'm afraid that, to create this school (most of all), W101 would have to go through the process of giving us the spells we quested for, and replace them with the terra ones. And that would be ALOT of work to do. I'm sorry but I doubt that they will create the Terra School. If they do however, that is good. Still sticking with Myth though!

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Three floating rocks are where the death shool was before malistare sunk it and every Halloween there are 3 dungeons there so sorry to bust your theory ( PS MYTH IS THE BEST!)

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
Oh my goodness, simply amazing. I love your creativity and I can truly see how much thought you put into these ideas. Just brilliant, absolutely stunning.

I think your idea of Geomancy is very similar to Ice. However, I still think it is very interesting concept. Although I would keep Earthquake in the school that it is, I think the spells for this school would be very interesting. Although, I think that Ice still deserves the highest Health base since it has been since the start. Yes, this school would make a lot of sense, since most people say that Earth and Air are extreme opposites.

Haha, I cannot stop myself from thinking Vocifery is 'The cold harsh truth school.' But I love this idea, even more so than the Geomancy idea. I think it is a good idea to give this as an opposite to Myth, since it is true that Myth is about dreams and imagination. Also, if Vocifery is the 'Cold Hard Truth' then their spells should be as realistic as possible. Also, think about this: Storm is about science, or in other words, about being realistic. So is Vocifery, so just like the Terra magic, this could have also triggered Myth and Storm's opposition.

I think both ideas deserve a chance. They are absolutely brilliant.
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Now this just got me interested..........

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Turning this idea into a real part of the game just might ruin everything. Just saying. It could be the"cold, hard reality" you wanted. And making them available for crowns is even more foolish. Once again, crowns players get the advantage! Geomancy seems a bit like myth. The earth is old. So is myth. The earth is wise. So is myth. The earth is awesome. So is myth. And if the reality school was to be made, what would the spells be like? A guy in a suit firing you from your job? Sorry if I'm being mean.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I think the schools are very good ideas, but if wizard101 added more main schools it would be way to confusing! changing ravenwood, the storyline, the test to see what wizard you are, etc. I think they could be cool extra schools, like the astral schools.
-Jasmineowltalon, see you around the spiral!

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Maybe they could make a new game called Ancient Wizard101. It could have the schools mentioned in this thread. The starting world would be Avalon as we learn from Merle and Morganthe and the teachers could be Badger, Foxes; really anything in Avalon.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Spiral emperor on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Turning this idea into a real part of the game just might ruin everything. Just saying. It could be the"cold, hard reality" you wanted. And making them available for crowns is even more foolish. Once again, crowns players get the advantage! Geomancy seems a bit like myth. The earth is old. So is myth. The earth is wise. So is myth. The earth is awesome. So is myth. And if the reality school was to be made, what would the spells be like? A guy in a suit firing you from your job? Sorry if I'm being mean.
got it so crowns shouldn't give any advantages they should have an option to pay real money to do exactly as good as before in game.....