Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astonishing discovery by a mere myth student!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Nov 14, 2010
MythWizardForeves on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
I think the schools are very good ideas, but if wizard101 added more main schools it would be way to confusing! changing ravenwood, the storyline, the test to see what wizard you are, etc. I think they could be cool extra schools, like the astral schools.
-Jasmineowltalon, see you around the spiral!
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please no i want new main schools and if reality was like astral it would completed in collosus boulevard

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
tylerskybreeze on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I think we just found an opposite of balance

Tyler Skybreeze 45
Maybe, maybe not The school balance has no opposite for a couple of reasons, One. Balance is supposed to balance the schools and Two there's an odd number of schools so if we added on two more it would just become uneven again and balance would once again balance the schools, No offense But seriously this made my head hurt But Tyler good thinking

Destiny Iceblossom 57 (My name should have Been Delaney DawnBreeze but y'know, Name changing might come out in a different update, am I right?)
P.S Death & Life I pretty sure have a boost on balance and the opposite ways around...

Survivor
Aug 09, 2011
I agree that this would be cool! I also agree that this should be premium and maybe found out in the most likely level 90+ wizard world.

Joseph Boomfountain lvl 51

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
NO!

I don't wanna be a party-pooper but this idea actually requires lots of work and lots of money to create. You can't just wave a wand and have there be a new school in the blink of an eye. Kingsisle actually has other work, planning out worlds years in advance. Not only that but they need to actually care about the 7 schools they already have. You know how much work you have to do to make a new school?

Well, first there is deciding where the school will be placed, then there is creating cards, finding a teacher to teach the school, making up a school's biography, creating bosses of this school, and making a bunch of spell quests and pet quests and creating a story about each one, it's not that easy now is it?

And when we argue over this school should be the opposite of balance, should be an elemental school, this should be a school that is based on defense, this should... Sorry, but Kingsisle can't take all these ideas happen. Now if Kingsisle actually made a primary school based on random ideas, hahaha, there would be so much hate, that they would have to create an separate place on the message boards to post that stuff. This new school is too OP, this new school is too much like storm, they didn't take my idea for new school, if that did happen, again if, then that would be too overwhelming for Kingsisle to handle, fixing every little thing that is a problem and it would tear apart the spiral as we know it, everyone would never be the same again.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
Golem Breaker on Jul 7, 2013 wrote:
So, would "Terra" Magic fall into the Elemental or Spiritual category? With Balance? Or would it be in a whole new category with the Reality magic?

- Tara Soulstone
i think that balance and the 2 new schools should be called power spells

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Instead of an opposite to balance they would be new spells added to the balance arsenal because balance balances all the other schools

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
It can be secondary at least.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Balance princess on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
Instead of an opposite to balance they would be new spells added to the balance arsenal because balance balances all the other schools
You just want balance to get more spells.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
Hello,

I will start off by saying that I really enjoyed reading your ideas. I love to read people's creativity and imagination. But here is the thing; a new school will not be added. I can almost guarantee this because if they were to make another school they would have to make all the spells and quests for those spells, as well as a school in ravenwood, a teacher, pets, and places to summon spells. And let me tell you that much creativity and hard work are needed to make TWO new schools, it would take forever for them to put ideas to paper, actually create the things on a computer, put it in the test realm, and finally upload it to the live realm, if all goes well. As much as I like your idea I think it is safe to say there will be no more schools. Plus, I think they are focusing on making the world after Azteca, or that new street (maybe a new entry to the new world? Lol) in the haunted cave near triton avenue. Thank you for your post :) I hope you enjoy my comment.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
mycin dragonhammer on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
i think that balance and the 2 new schools should be called power spells
terra would fall into elemental for it has more to do with the area then the creature

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
LOL I sure wouldn't mind if balance got new spells I love new spells

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Andrew Dragonstone on Jul 16, 2013 wrote:
Here is a great idea Terra magic is too much like life. But there could be a opposite of balance! Insanity school! A phsycomancer! It could be spiritual since being crazy has to do with the mind yourself and spirit. Balance could me elemental since the hydra spell is balance but hydra has elemental heads it wouldnt make since if a spiritual school taught a hydra. Then maybe life school could have its own god. The dryads that gave life to all wizards and creatures. It would be added to the story of giants dragons and tritons. Plus giants are the only spiritual gods apart of the story. It would be cool of another spiritual god the dryads were added. Then there will be to elemental gods apart of story and to spiritual gods apart of the story!
The opposite to the balance schools would be a school known as Chaos magic, or Myth's opposed school from Wysteria. Chaos brings forth all the nonsense and rediculousness in the spiral and enforces Chaotic results. Balance would be the only school to balance this out.
I know some of you would believe Equilembrium would be the opposite of Chaos, and it somewhat is, but I've always seen Equilembrium as a type of invention-school. If you'd notice, Velma Pepper [Equilembrium Professor] is a Marleybonian. Marleybonians don't believe in Magic, but they are exceptional builders. Their entire discovery of Celestia was thanks to their handiness! So I'd see Equilembrium as using robots and gadgets to help your aid, or to weaken the opponents.
But, back to my point -- Chaos is basically what you're saying Insanity is.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Exrudius11 on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Hello, let me start off who I am.
My name is Valerian Earthmancer. I love to study and I'm a myth student. So I've used my most powerful myth mind to research the following.
There is more to the story of the dragons, giants, and tritons. There is another God-like being who hailed the lands or should I say underground. I've been researching on an old ancient school of magic.
'Terra Magic'
There had to be a reason for our floating islands. A kind of magic of earth that linked the lands. I've even found traces of terra magic in myth magic. I mean. Is earthquake really myth? Or is that the only known terra spell and we decided to shove it with the other myth spells?
Lemme talk about the giants, dragons, and tritons again.
We all know those three ruled the land's sky's and sea's but what about underneath? The underground? Could it be some sort of terra god-being slumbered for thousands of years after using all it's energy to create the lands?
So many questions...
Anyways, after all my research I've concluded that there is a possibility of this being true. Such a school can exist in the elemental schools. Lemme tell you what I believe terra magic students would use or what I call it "Geomancers/Geomancy" they wouldn't be defensive since ice covers that. But look at earthquake. It hits everyone. And what happens when you pick up alot of rocks and throw them? They spread out in the air. And look at landslides. They spread out. So Geomancers focus on dealing damage to everyone. And rocks are hard right? So they would have quite high health and mana but 80% accuracy. And another thing. Storm is in the sky earth is on the bottom. Wouldn't you think they're opposites? I believe the terra spell "Earthquake" In the myth school triggered an opposite attraction to generate higher damage from one another. And we just assumed they were opposites metaphorically. So this does lead to the new school.

And if there's another elemental school there is another spiritual school. Now you may wonder "what's the opposite of myth then? Life?" We'll your almost there. It's another hidden school. Hidden right Infront of our eyes.
'Reality Magic'
What's it do? Well it focuses on the opposite of myth. Since myth focuses on imagination and creating. Reality is the opposite. It focuses on dispelling magic. So I guess it was forgotten for being such a downer of a school. It summons however, creatures who are real. Like all those gold cards that are unlearnable like krokomummy or ninja pigs, they have traces of being reality magic. Reality magic students or what I call "Vociferests/Vocifery" they would have medium health and mana but 85% accuracy. Also the teleport spells like teleport to your house or to the commons or mark a teleport location may be reality magic

Is it possible these are true? Or is it just my crazy mythical imagination? Maybe if we ask Bartleby he would remember those ancient schools. Or perhaps not, and they wouldn't exist?
What you have found is a truly amazing piece of information, however, you have made the non-astral schools number merely increase to 9 types of magic. Whereas really, there are 10. Everything has a weakness, fire to ice, storm to earth, myth to reality, life to death. But there is also a third, forbidden kind of magic, the heresy known as chaomancy. Chaomancers learn the true power of chaos. You know how Wysteria students are said to be useless? To the contrary, they are learning forbidden magic, ember, frost, tempest, spirit & equilibrium magic are quite powerless. But secrets of Geomancy & Chaomancy lie there, along with the headmistress, a Vociferest. The symbol of Earth is the same as the one in Wysteria, & the story of Geomancy goes like this: Long ago, during the titan war, the dragons shot magma and flame up into the sky. While the giants retaliated with huge chunks of ice. And though many tales say the tritons fought the giants & dragons, they actually fought the Golems. Ancient beings of Geomancy, they had control of the underground caves, trapping the tritons in waterless caves, therefore becoming their sworn enemies. The colours of Geomancy are light and dark green. The oath of Earth, is to stay stable like a mountain, but strong like a boulder.
If you still don't believe in the 3 hidden schools, listen to the story of chaomancy: Back when the elements & spirits fought each other, sorcerers had their own battle, in order to stop the wars, they had to battle the Chaomancers, & restore peace once more. Chaos was difficult to defeat, always appearing behind you, or making you think that they were. But the sorcerers were powerful, & after finally defeating the Chaomancers, they swore that if any other wizard practiced chaomancy again, they were to be banished. But in the present day, Wysteria is free from sorcerers, so chaos grew & grew, until sorcery welcomed it again. The colours for chaos are blue & gold. The oath is keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.
Still don't believe? Here is a secret of Vocifery:
Vocifery is the art of reality, they fought the illusions of the Gods, while Dryads fought the undead. Vocifery doesn't like to be fooled, and isn't easily done so. Vociferests believe that not just chaomancy is heresy, but all kinds of magic. They do not have a symbol, for that represents magic, but Vociferests live by the oath, see through the illusion.
Now that the truth is known, learn these magics as well, & stop Morganthe.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
MasterSorcerer653 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Hello,

I will start off by saying that I really enjoyed reading your ideas. I love to read people's creativity and imagination. But here is the thing; a new school will not be added. I can almost guarantee this because if they were to make another school they would have to make all the spells and quests for those spells, as well as a school in ravenwood, a teacher, pets, and places to summon spells. And let me tell you that much creativity and hard work are needed to make TWO new schools, it would take forever for them to put ideas to paper, actually create the things on a computer, put it in the test realm, and finally upload it to the live realm, if all goes well. As much as I like your idea I think it is safe to say there will be no more schools. Plus, I think they are focusing on making the world after Azteca, or that new street (maybe a new entry to the new world? Lol) in the haunted cave near triton avenue. Thank you for your post :) I hope you enjoy my comment.
Well you know they could add this school in the third arc but then again the new world may be coming soon but KI might like this idea so much that there's a reason why there's a holdup and their just giving us expansions in the meantime.