Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Choosing 2.0

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Its been confirmed finally and the order has been setup. I did research on the each school trying to confirm some because the problem is I tested each one of them out and the only one I'm not good at is Storm. Fire, Ice, and Life are confirmed to stay and now the last choices is kind of the midpoint between the schools on damage and health terms. Myth, Balance, or Death?

Devin Starcaster

Destiny Nightglade

Wolf Jadebreaker

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
I would choose Death. Good enchanting cards, and you won't need to train up in life. They also have decent damage and health. Honestly, I picked a Death and used Storm as as a secondary. It was good, because of being able to heal and damage. But, it's based on your play style.

I also like Myth, for those two hit attacks that can take off shields then do a ton of damage. Earthquake comes in handy during PvP and sometime PvE as well. Plus, minions are helpful for a while. Even when you are a Promethean, a Talos in a 1v1 PvP can distract enemy, blade you, and do some damage as well.

Balance has decent stats as well. I love some of it's spells, like Ra, and Chimera. Hydra and Chimera will take care of those few Balance bosses you end up facing. They also get those elemental shields, which can be good, because they are basically a tower for three schools. Also get the elemental and spirit blades, which can boost Hydra and Chimera quite a bit, as well as Spectral Blast. Also has Mana Burn, which can be used against Balance bosses as well. And Weakness is a good spell to have as well. Balance isn't limited to one type of damage like the other schools. It is flexible, and good for many play styles.

Anyway, pick what you want, and have fun doing it

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Having played all 7 schools and, as the proud owner of a level 90 necromancer, I would choose Death. Valerian was the easiest to solo with, and didn't run into problems in Azteca, when the bosses and their steroid cheats just got out of control.

My first wizard was Balance~ she is also level 90, and had a very difficult time with certain cheating bosses, due to the simple fact that Balance lacks many resources that the other schools have and have had for ages, such as the ability to break shields and a spammable DoT spell. Up until level 60, it is easily the hardest school to play and requires a lot of patience.

As for Myth, I wouldn't choose it unless you plan on spending lots of time in the Arena, as they are among the undisputed lords of PvP.

/my 2 cents,

-von shadowsong awesomestein the undying, esquire
promethean and

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Darkness Guardian on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Its been confirmed finally and the order has been setup. I did research on the each school trying to confirm some because the problem is I tested each one of them out and the only one I'm not good at is Storm. Fire, Ice, and Life are confirmed to stay and now the last choices is kind of the midpoint between the schools on damage and health terms. Myth, Balance, or Death?

Devin Starcaster

Destiny Nightglade

Wolf Jadebreaker
Ok, I agreed with Myth that its a PvP school mostly so I decided I'm canceling it. So, Death or Balance?

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Death you get health each time you hit.While you have the best minion in the game which uses scarecrow so at lvl 28 you get scarecroe wow!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Jun 02, 2013
Myth: Some spells have 2 parts, lots of minions, good damage and health, 80% chance you won't fizzle

Death: Many Hit-and-Heal spells, fair health, and fizzle % I don't know.

Balance: Balanced, flexible, good health, and good chance no fizzles.

(If you like soloing and pvp do Myth, If you like soloing and sometimes together, do Death, and if you are very flexible do Balance)

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Tyler Legendfriend on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
Death you get health each time you hit.While you have the best minion in the game which uses scarecrow so at lvl 28 you get scarecroe wow!!!!!!!!!!
Its not each time you hit, Death has some just pure damage attacks to; Scarecrow*

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Theirs always a problem for me since I done what some people said: test out all the schools. Turns out I'm not bad at any of them and that's the problem because I don't want to spend most my time on w101. I got a witchdoctor on p101 to and I'm trying to cut short due to member. Most the time I take the test in the beginning I end up with storm, fire, myth, or death.

I'm not a PvP person or well not anymore. Balance seems to be a bit more challenging due to the tower shields and weakness but I can manage around that since I have a strategy for it in the beginning. For Balance train a secondary damage school such as Fire or Storm (I usually buy a lot of Cleanse Charm TC which helps somewhat in the long run), and make sure the enemy has enough pips to attack so you don't expect any delay.

Myth eh all I need is feint maybe 1 or 2 then I'm good to go.

Btw I mentioned Myth again, I tested out like a future attack plan for higher levels, Humongofrog hit around 5,000 damage, I think that's pretty good.

I think it might be Myth or Balance again since I might confirm Death even if I'm kind of 50/50 on it.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
Darkness Guardian on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Theirs always a problem for me since I done what some people said: test out all the schools. Turns out I'm not bad at any of them and that's the problem because I don't want to spend most my time on w101. I got a witchdoctor on p101 to and I'm trying to cut short due to member. Most the time I take the test in the beginning I end up with storm, fire, myth, or death.

I'm not a PvP person or well not anymore. Balance seems to be a bit more challenging due to the tower shields and weakness but I can manage around that since I have a strategy for it in the beginning. For Balance train a secondary damage school such as Fire or Storm (I usually buy a lot of Cleanse Charm TC which helps somewhat in the long run), and make sure the enemy has enough pips to attack so you don't expect any delay.

Myth eh all I need is feint maybe 1 or 2 then I'm good to go.

Btw I mentioned Myth again, I tested out like a future attack plan for higher levels, Humongofrog hit around 5,000 damage, I think that's pretty good.

I think it might be Myth or Balance again since I might confirm Death even if I'm kind of 50/50 on it.
Change of plans, I have decided to make it Death or Myth again. Ignore the previous post.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Tricky case. I can list pros and cons though.
: Pros: Towers won't save your opponent(You have spells that literally break shields, and you have minotaur and orthrus), You have nice damage, you can stun severely (Medus 2 round stun, Basilisk, blinding light, stun), You have a great bag of tricks (Celestial Calendar, you're stuns, minions, shift and dimension shift, earthquake, peirce and shatter), You have wonderful minions. Cons: Low health, 2 AoEs, 1/5 of the time you fizzle, everyone wants to dispel you (Earthquake) in PvP (If you do PvP),
: Pros: Drains, great accuracy, feint and doom, fair health, infection for PvP (If you do PvP). Cons: 2 AoEs, not that good damage.
Just my opinion
Critical Death
"All schools are equal"

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
Darkness Guardian on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:

Devin Starcaster

Destiny Nightglade

Wolf Jadebreaker
I have a level 11 death wizard.
it is like in a way life with a twist. Healing and attacking at the same time is great. From fodder to scarecrow, death is powerful. Choose death.