Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chelsea's Thoughts On Azteca

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
To start off I have to say I love this game, LOVE it. I have a balance wizard level 84 and a death wizard level 73. I solo a huge portion of the game. In some of my free time I look forward to getting on this game. It never gets old for me. If I am not careful I can play for too long. I love challenge and strategy. Sadly, I have seen the love of this game go down since Avalon came along. Seeing a lot of the posts and comments in this area I can relate. I don't complain much, but I have to give my thoughts on this world. Can you bring it down a notch? Not all people on here are hard core gamers. I feel like Azteca is (Dare I of all people say it) too hard. You have the mob fights, way too much power pips to start off with, life high and almost all criticals are blocked. You get to the bosses, ALL of their power pips are filled up, even higher life (which I don't mind), but then you have what seems like ALL critical hits blocked. The enemies are too overpowered and the power pips and their health doubled since Avalon. I would like to see their critical block brought down, that I think will make a world of difference. With the word Polaris brought up a lot from the quest givers I would hate to think that it's a magnified version of Azteca. The only reason why I bring this up is I would hate to see the game we all love not be here much longer since people aren't interested in continuing through. Thank you if you read the book I just wrote above. The creators of this game, you rock. I want you to know I appreciate all the hard work you put into this game. Please don't forget to listen to feedback better before put out the next world.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Chelseawhisper on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
To start off I have to say I love this game, LOVE it. I have a balance wizard level 84 and a death wizard level 73. I solo a huge portion of the game. In some of my free time I look forward to getting on this game. It never gets old for me. If I am not careful I can play for too long. I love challenge and strategy. Sadly, I have seen the love of this game go down since Avalon came along. Seeing a lot of the posts and comments in this area I can relate. I don't complain much, but I have to give my thoughts on this world. Can you bring it down a notch? Not all people on here are hard core gamers. I feel like Azteca is (Dare I of all people say it) too hard. You have the mob fights, way too much power pips to start off with, life high and almost all criticals are blocked. You get to the bosses, ALL of their power pips are filled up, even higher life (which I don't mind), but then you have what seems like ALL critical hits blocked. The enemies are too overpowered and the power pips and their health doubled since Avalon. I would like to see their critical block brought down, that I think will make a world of difference. With the word Polaris brought up a lot from the quest givers I would hate to think that it's a magnified version of Azteca. The only reason why I bring this up is I would hate to see the game we all love not be here much longer since people aren't interested in continuing through. Thank you if you read the book I just wrote above. The creators of this game, you rock. I want you to know I appreciate all the hard work you put into this game. Please don't forget to listen to feedback better before put out the next world.
It gets 2x easier when you get sharpen blade and potent trap at level 86 because you will have twice the number of blades and traps.So, i recommend dealing with Azteca 2 more levels and then do the quest to activate the sun obelisk and train sharpen blade and potent trap (especially sharpen blade).See if that will help in your challenging trek through Azteca, the land of Aztecasaurs.

Adam Wintersinger, Level 90 Thaumaturge Lord of the Falling Sky

Wolf Strongbright, Level 80 Theurgist Armiger

Luke Dragonblood, Level 40 Sorcerer Hero Of Marleybone

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
It gets 2x easier when you get sharpen blade and potent trap at level 86 because you will have twice the number of blades and traps.So, i recommend dealing with Azteca 2 more levels and then do the quest to activate the sun obelisk and train sharpen blade and potent trap (especially sharpen blade).See if that will help in your challenging trek through Azteca, the land of Aztecasaurs.

Adam Wintersinger, Level 90 Thaumaturge Lord of the Falling Sky

Wolf Strongbright, Level 80 Theurgist Armiger

Luke Dragonblood, Level 40 Sorcerer Hero Of Marleybone
What he said *_*

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Chelseawhisper on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
I think your post is very well said and I think a lot of people feel this way but I think more people are playing to complete this land so our point is ignored. I hate being left behind because I joined a game I can't figure out but have learned to accept the things I just can't do, not all of us have the gamer instinct it takes to figure this out.

For me this world is just a bit more then I can stand in game play. I have tried and end up quitting out of frustration. In our family group we have quite a few wizards stuck out there in that world. I would rather start a new wizard then get to hate the game, which starts to happen in Avalon for me. We are currently giving it another go but it's slow and frustrating, defeats are common dragging battles out even longer. As it gets rougher less is done in our few hrs sessions. I figure it's going to take many months if we were to complete it but as things step up I don't see it happening really.

When I joined the game I did not think that it would head in this direction really. The game divide does seem to start in Celestia and I should of taken that as my hint and stopped there like most all my friends did. A few of my friends did return after they gave another game a try but when they found it was the same here now they left for good.

As for Getting the star/sun spells it requires battles of 3 monsters that literately defeat you in 3 rounds - no fun there and not spell to be gotten.

I think it's safe to say there really isn't a game out there for me but I do miss the happy go lucky, stress free, wizardly adventure the first arc provides me.

Mary StarGem
Mary Gem

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
I know how you guys feel (even though i'm not as good). They really need to bring down the criticals and health. I thought Malistaire was the main boss, until i teleported to a friend who wanted help with Zhalas SunBleed. It was terrible, once we started, he had FOUR power pips, FOUR, and then he killed me with Storm Owl next round! It was a terrible experience i had with a world i can't even go to yet! If you want us to pay money, we have to enjoy it!

Tavia WyrmPyre Level 30

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
I know how you guys feel (even though i'm not as good). My level 89 friend wanted help with a boss named Zhalas SunBleed, i understood why, he had more health then Malistaire (which i thought was supposed to be the main boss in the game) and he had FOUR power pips when we started actually battling him! I was so mad when next round he killed me with storm owl! I was so frustrated and mad i threw a book at my computer (btw, it missed, made me more furious) if you want us to pay money for the game, we have to enjoy it first.

Tavia WyrmPyre Level 30 Master of Karate and Friendship

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I think it would make the game funner if:
They put some bosses out in the open. Like in Triton Ave and Dragonspyre. (may be forgetting some)
Allow us to start out battles with more power pips, especially with level 10 spells out.
Allow us to get sharpen blade earlier. I think level 83 is fair enough.
I feel like the enemies have the advantage in this world and that's not cool at all.
I have PVPd a few times and when fighting in Azteca is harder than that, there is something wrong.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
So, I decided to quest on with my balance wizard and left my death wizard in Zafaria for a bit. Since I posted this I am almost a level 89 and I received my level 88 spell. As I get deeper into Azteca I notice more and more that the bosses have mastery rings?! Are you serious?! No, this is not cool. It's not okay to me that playing the enemies is pretty much the same as PVP. I don't do PVP. I have not had a negative thing to say about this game up until this point.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
I forgot to add on my last post: The other big issue I have is, when you get into Alto Alto, I have noticed that the the time I have spent getting good gear to have a good critical rating and block rating, I don't think I have hit critical since Avalon. Blocking it after I have well over 100, is not happening either. This is a contradiction to even bringing the concept into the game. I am baffled.