Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire Strategies?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
So, my internet went out and I can't get onto the game for now,(I'm using my mobile device right now) so I'm thinking about some strategies for Malistaire's dungeon. I am a bit close to it, and will very unlikely have the level 48 spell, (I am a level 46 life wizard. Life ftw.) but I can probably do without it. Also I might have a level 70 storm wizard helping me, but he's usually busy with avalon or azteca or something. Following those guidelines, would anyone be able to think up some strategies?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
AltiSpinax5225 on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
So, my internet went out and I can't get onto the game for now,(I'm using my mobile device right now) so I'm thinking about some strategies for Malistaire's dungeon. I am a bit close to it, and will very unlikely have the level 48 spell, (I am a level 46 life wizard. Life ftw.) but I can probably do without it. Also I might have a level 70 storm wizard helping me, but he's usually busy with avalon or azteca or something. Following those guidelines, would anyone be able to think up some strategies?
Am not sure they will allow spoilers on here but can tell you there is a way to avoid the beginning fights, it does involve the help of another wizard.. I suggest you use the Maw route over and back to set the crystal then over the ramp and watch the huge doors swing open for you - for me no other dungeon is as impressive as this one.

Set up ahead of time you maybe able to get a help here on boards. Post the date, time zone and time and the realm you will be in. Allow a few days lag for posts to the board. I have a group that would run though this with you.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i used to get booted from the game every time i turned on my microwave... so i got rid of the microwave. lol.

any dungeon with multiple enemies can be difficult for a life wizard, since we have no attack-all spells before level 58. my life wizard is level 56 now, and she beat mally with some help from a grandmaster myth buddy; so here are some suggestions for you:

1) if your storm friend is coming with you, have him (or her) take out the minions with tempest or storm lord (my myth friend used humungofrog); you focus on mally~ just blade up, trap, get some TC feint up, and hit him with the biggest centaur ever.

2) if you end up soloing, pack a bunch of forest lord tc~ lay all of your traps on mally, and slam the lot of them with a forest lord;

(because you are life, you get a +50% boost to death, on top of your traps and blades... and death creatures do not shield against life, so you don't have to worry about your damage being cut in half.)

other things of note:

-mally and his minions love weakness, and they will spam it like it's their job. make sure to bring cleanse charm tc (or ask your storm friend to bring his trained ones), and use an opposite school's wand, so you don't lose your blades in the process. you can also remedy this problem by loading up on unbalance tc, so they will fizzle when they try to cast it, but that's sort of a waste of pips (unless you have a mastery amulet) that would be better used elsewhere.

if you would like some help, and your friend can't make it, look me up on wizard101central~ username is el veeb, and i have 4 wizards over level 50 (grandmaster life, archmage storm, promethean bal and death); i love that dungeon and would do it a thousand times over, so just shoot me a quick message letting me know which of my wizards you'd like help from and, if our time zones sync up, i'll be happy to assist you.

(if we can't coordinate anything, try central's quest-meetup boards~ there are always people seeking help with difficult instances).

good luck, either way!

-dr. von awesomestein the undying, esquire;
mrs. mally, half-evil balance wizard

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
'Tis time.

Sorry about no replies, I'm lazy sometimes. I'm also lazy about arranging stuff, so I don't think I'd be able to arrange any kind of time.

But to the point. I'm on the quest "The Final Countdown" and will complete it tommorow. Also, I do have Rebirth, and will likely use it. Thanks for the info guys and I will post how well it went after I finish the dungeon.

Matthew Ironblood, level 48
(Too sleepy to put my quote here )

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
I did it first try

But I had mixed feelings about it. I went in with a level 51 ice, and we got through it very quickly. When we got to mally, she one hitted all of his minions with a critical ice giant. When that happened, I made the remark "Here are some wizards with the weakest schools owning malistare." She said thanks, but I felt it was sarcastic, so I said no offense, and she said that it was okay. That made me feel terrible that I said that.

Matthew Ironblood, level 48
(Too lazy for quote again, might as well not use it
)

Survivor
Oct 11, 2011
you only need one friend maybe a , , or balance for shields storm for attack or life for boost on attack or healing