Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

random acts of kindness~ spiral edition :)

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so, on her marvelous adventures through the spiral, the great vonawesome stumbled upon two little wizards in the shopping district, levels 8 and 12.

instead of scamming tc or spewing filth, these 2 little wizards were offering pie and hugs to all who passed by. von stopped to chat with them (and grab a bite of tasty fish-paste pie), and was just so taken by the kindness of these two little wizards that she gifted them a new pharaoh's hoard pack each and carried on her way. when they tried to offer repayment, von refused and just thanked them for making her day.

so, here is your challenge~ find someone in the spiral who makes your day and pay it forward.

-v.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
The best act of kindness I've seen today is someone offering to help someone else without a return favor/gift etc. It's really nice to see that the Spiral has people like this. Just makes your day.

Scarlet Nightdreamer, level 88 Diviner
Alura Unicornglade, level 42 Thaumaturge

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
That's a nice story!
Usually I run into quite rude people, But a while ago me and my friend were handing out Treasure Cards
We should really appreciate the wizards out there who are like that!
Pay It Forward... Hmm, Reminds me of the movie!
~SabrinaMisty, The Koolest Kitty Around!

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
that is so cool that they did that. often, when i am roaming the worlds, people are being mean and rude. some don't even now what they are talking about.

that is what i call a wizard at heart

---------- dragon girl. ( fire forever!!!)

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Awesome!

I love to hear stories like this!

Calamity PixieShade, level 90

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
That's fantastic!

Yesterday while I was playing I saw two little wizards talking about trading treasure cards. I thought "oh boy, someone is going to get ripped off," so I hung around. After the trade, the higher level wizard actually offered to return the 'extra' cards that the little wizard had mistakenly given away. :) I thought it was quite nice, and not common at all.

Defender
May 29, 2009
Well I was questing Avalon today, and I meet this promethean fire with a sea dragon pet. I have been looking a really long time for a pet with spritely, and I know the sea dragon can train it. So I go up to her, and ask her to hatch. She says sure, and we go to the hatchery. We hatch and unfortunately I get my pet again. But then a random legendary fire requests me for a friend request. I accepted then went back into Avalon, and started battling some whiptail panteras. Brandon Dawnrider, the fire friend request i accepted, ports and uses a meteor strike finishing them off. I say thanks, thinking that he just wanted see Avalon so that's why he teleported to me so i started another battle. Then he joins too. I asked him why he was helping me. He said, I don't know, I just want to help. And that made my day. It just happened, so I haven't payed it forward yet, but trust me, I will.
Edit: I pyed it forward, I went to the shopping district, and gave away 30 treasure cards
Anthony Ashcatcher lv73

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
In a world that is both rude online and offline.. it's nice to see stuff like this. Keep it up guys and make people's days!

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
I have a friend (and i hope he reads this) named Wolf BearGem That is a life wizard. Now, I'm level 88 & he is only level 50 something but he is ALWAYS willing to help, wherever I am, & with whatever I'm doing, even if its in Avalon or Azteca. Every time he sees that I'm online, he asks a nice question like how I've been doing, or if i need any help. He is always very kind to me, and my friends. It always makes me happy to see that he is online & doing fine! He really shows that there are kind wizards out in the spiral!

Trying Out New Signatures

-See Ya In The Spiral!

Julia DragonLeaf

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
A week or two after I started playing I was in Crab Alley doing the noob crab quest when a lvl 90 storm asked if I needed help. I said sure, even though I was doing okay, and she ended up unloading a massive pile of good fire and balance tc on me.

"I can't use these, they're not my school." So I got dozens of spirit blades, Yellow Fire Elf, Clockwork Spiders, Krokotillians, Mutate Elf -> Ice Elf, assorted dispels, Power Links, Wyldfire, Meteor Strike, and Firezilla cards for essentially nothing.

The only card I had to trade back to her was my one copy of Kraken that I got from beating the Kraken. After protesting I should keep it, she accepted it gracefully without scoffing at my noob offering. I had no idea you could buy them in the bazaar by the dozen.

I have been playing for 3 months and I still haven't worked my way through that trove of fire goodies.

I don't recall her name, but she's still on my friends list somewhere if she still plays.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Inspired by Von, I hung out in the shopping district last night, and sure enough, a level 5 little wizard was trying to find the Smith. I dismounted, added him to my friend's list and helped him discover that elusive Smith. I offered to help him the next time we are on together. This is his first wizard! Ah, I remember when lol.

Love these pay it forward stories!

Erin Ice Weaver

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wow, so nice to hear all of these awesome stories!
glad to know there are still good people out there :)

keep 'em coming, guys!

~dr. von awesomestein the undying, esquire,
defender of fish paste, half-evil balance wizard