Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Death and Life a good combo?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
I'm a Level 36 Death Wizard, and my secondary school is life.
I'm on Big Ben in Marleybone at the moment, and I was wondering if my school combo is a good one as I progress through the game.

Thanks.

Defender
May 29, 2009
For death, it is better not to have a secondary. I made that mistake and trained a storm secondary. Then, in the test realm, I bought back my training points, trained life to sprite, and ice to tower shield. This was all i needed. The rest i used for astrals to get colossus (no polymorphs) and the star spells up to vengeance. I did a lot better that way. I think that that is the best strategy for death training points.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv75

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Yes i think it is because if you are fighting a death enemy you have its weakness.
Vanessa NightThorn lvl. 53

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Amber Drake on Jun 9, 2013 wrote:
I'm a Level 36 Death Wizard, and my secondary school is life.
I'm on Big Ben in Marleybone at the moment, and I was wondering if my school combo is a good one as I progress through the game.

Thanks.
Death, trained and played properly, does not need assistance from Life. ever. You have drain spells, blades, traps and feint. combine them and boom! High damage and health back.

I have had a lot of success with Fire and the Astral spells as secondary spells.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
There really isn't a need for Death wizards to train life spells considering that they get half life back from most of their attack spells. Let me make a list for you:

Ghoul
Vampire
Wraith
Scarecrow
Dr. Von's Monster

There may be others that I am forgetting. Plus you also have sacrifice. Throw a death shield on yourself and use sacrifice and that's a lot of life earned back. The spells from death that are just attacking spells are:

Dark Sprite
Banshee
Skeletal Pirate
Skeletal Dragon
Avenging Fossil

It's 50/50.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
my secondary school is Sun. As death, at least up to Celestia, we don't need healing spells as quite a few of our spells heal too. At the moment, I have sun trained to Monstrous and death up to Skeletal Dragon. keep in mind I have some extra training points, and while I have bought spells from other schools, Sun I'd say was my secondary

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
As others have said, death really needs no secondary school. If you have a life mastery, it might be useful to heal others in your party, but for yourself you have all the healing spells you need.
As you progress, you will only use death spells. (not counting enchantments)
Secondary schools might be useful at a lower level, but at a high level, all your damage boost will be in your main school. Celestia offers some crafted gear that boosts two schools, but it does not compare to using WT or WW gear.
If your heart is set you can have a secondary school, but it will be a hindrance and not help.
At higher levels secondary schools fall by the wayside, even if you wear a mastery amulet.
At level 87 my necromancer has 6 or 7 training points unused.
Train Ice to tower and then sun/star and you will be fine.

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
In wizard101 never make a secondary school unless you plan on struggling on the higher worlds.

My death has currently trained Ice to weakness, and ice to tower at level 50 and that is all she needs. You dont need a healing spell/ (Blade, Death blade, Trap, Vampire. )

Eric Legendtamer (Level 90 ) (Level 76 ) (Level 50 ) (Level 30 ) (Level 20 )

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
You would certainly have a lot of health with the health and health drain spells... so yeah! I guess...

RachelSpellCaster

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Uh oh I got a secondary of myth on my 71 death .Well I am gonna farm waterworks to get my robe back and stich that as well as I the myth mastery so I can spam earthquake in pvp.Death does not need a secondary thats what I've learned throughout the years.But what death needs is another AoE.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2012
I wouldnt do death and life cause you have spells that heal you and you have sacrifice

Survivor
May 21, 2013
hmm well i made a death with a life mastery and i was doing kinda well but now i see aalot of necromancers around that don't even use masteries in pve some might use a myth mastery but that's only useful for pvp if ya ask me. but now i want to remake a death but this time i am using a balance mastery for pve and a myth mastery for pvp so i think you should get a myth mastery and use balance for questing and myth things for pvp so that should help and one reason i used a life mastery on my death is that when i bladed alot and my health was low i had to sacrfice and i got angry at all the damage i caused on myself but now i learned on death in pve i shouldn't try to kill bosses in one hit like i used to do but now i am gonna try trap stacking and blade 2 times before i attack while at full health so don't use a life mastery you won't need it and lots of people in pvp carry alot of life dispels so you can sacrifice to avoid those or if you have alot of blades you should use your balance mastery to use availing hands (as a tc that is) so that's what i think :) good luck (Blaze Moonmender promethean Blaze ravenmender level 59)