Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Don't Fall For It!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Hello fellow wizards, If your like me, You've stumbled across a few wizards who try to trick you into fleeing the Duel. Don't do it! These people are just sore losers who are on low health. Here are some ways you can deal with it:
~ I'll gift you if you flee!- No, They won't. If it sounds too good to be true, Go on. Take the win you deserve.
~ I'll hack you if you don't flee!- Nope, They're trying to scare you into it. Take the win.
~ Flee or else!- Or else what?
This topic, Wizards, Is important. Don't let them get to you. If they're really bothering you, Report them. Easy as that!
~ SabrinaMisty, The koolest kitty around!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SabrinaMisty on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards, If your like me, You've stumbled across a few wizards who try to trick you into fleeing the Duel. Don't do it! These people are just sore losers who are on low health. Here are some ways you can deal with it:
~ I'll gift you if you flee!- No, They won't. If it sounds too good to be true, Go on. Take the win you deserve.
~ I'll hack you if you don't flee!- Nope, They're trying to scare you into it. Take the win.
This topic, Wizards, Is important. Don't let them get to you. If they're really bothering you, Report them. Easy as that!
None of this is reportable, so you or anyone reporting will get dinged for a bad report.
I do agree with the advise. Ignore them, and defeat them as quickly as possible to shut them up.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
RavenLady777~ What I mean is if they start to get real dirty.
And yes, Just defeat them a quickly as possible and teleport away.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
SabrinaMisty on Jun 10, 2013 wrote:
RavenLady777~ What I mean is if they start to get real dirty.
And yes, Just defeat them a quickly as possible and teleport away.
sound advice, on all counts.
just ignore and port out after the duel is always your best option.

@ravenlady~ the op didn't say to report them for the described behaviour, but to do so if it escalated beyond that.

@sabrina~ the example you gave is debatable, because it's not a threat of violence, per se... in that case, ravenlady would be correct about you getting hit for a false report; but if they start threatening you with physical violence or swearing around the filters, it becomes a terms-of-use violation, so report away.

worth noting: from what i read of zeke's post, i understand that threatening to hack someone or otherwise compromise his or her account is reportable. if a mod could confirm this for us, it would be very useful.

-v.
1st age pvp sarge

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
There is a group of players in the arena that has been bullying others hoping they will flee the match. They make it a point to remember any wizard that defeats them in a match and will stalk them if they can.

The best thing a player can do when in the arena with this kind of thing taking place is to turn off chat bubbles and use only group chat or private chat with their team.

The ideal thing would be for KI to make the arena in general a NO CHAT ZONE but allow a combatant to be able to to group chat with team. Spectators would also be NO CHAT which would eliminate bullying and cursing in the Arena.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
Dr Von~ Well, What I meant was well, Swearing around the filters and not leaving them alone. I think this is extremely rude and I don't think anyone should have to deal with it.
~SabrinaMisty, The Koolest Kitty around!

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
I agree I was told today if I don't flee, I will lose my account. Nothing happened

-WilliamLoki Legendary Barbarian

Defender
May 29, 2009
I believe threatening to hack you is reportable. Neither of the other things are though, so in that way, you should just click the ignore button.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv75

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
i have a question if someone reports someone for doing or say bad things how does that make you the bad guy in it ????????????? please answer please because the way i see it there is a lot of kids on here and if someone is bulling them or talking out of the way to them then they should report them not just block them .......

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
alyssa starcatcher on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
i have a question if someone reports someone for doing or say bad things how does that make you the bad guy in it ????????????? please answer please because the way i see it there is a lot of kids on here and if someone is bulling them or talking out of the way to them then they should report them not just block them .......
Alyssa, if you report someone for saying foul/bad things in the game, It does NOT make you the bad guy. In fact, just the opposite. The one that got reported is just trying to make that person feel bad. In a case like this, the best thing is to report and IGNORE......

Younger players that do have filtered or even open chat should also inform a parent/guardian and let them see what was said and if they have not reported that person, let the parent do so. Unfortunately, there are some parents that don't care what their kids see even in a game like Wizard101.

There is a fine line in regards to bullying. If the bullying includes threats against another player, it is reportable. If the bullying contains foul/bad language, it is also reportable and should be done immediately.

BUT, make ONLY ONE report for each offense. Do not make multiple reports on just one comment. You can report each time a player makes a new comment with foul language or racial slurs.

There are some words that filtered chat players can not see unless the bully has typed it around the filter in order to get it through and into the chat box.

Unfortunately, some of the younger players don't know how to actually make a report. In this case, if you see something happening to another player that is against the Terms of Use, just report it. You might also suggest to the victim that they put the Offender/bully on ignore and leave that area.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
Yeah! Or else. Or else what, you report the person? Then you're the only one who really suffers the consequences.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
There is a group of players in the arena that has been bullying others hoping they will flee the match. They make it a point to remember any wizard that defeats them in a match and will stalk them if they can.

The best thing a player can do when in the arena with this kind of thing taking place is to turn off chat bubbles and use only group chat or private chat with their team.

The ideal thing would be for KI to make the arena in general a NO CHAT ZONE but allow a combatant to be able to to group chat with team. Spectators would also be NO CHAT which would eliminate bullying and cursing in the Arena.
Well said. I totally agree with you. Arena chat is out of control, and if KI can't figure out something else, then NO chat is the best solution.