Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Inactivity Timer Question.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 19, 2010
How long do you need to be inactive to be kicked off of the wizard101 servers? I haven't seen a "time limit" around here.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
David The SwashBuc... on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
How long do you need to be inactive to be kicked off of the wizard101 servers? I haven't seen a "time limit" around here.
I think it's somewhere in the 10-15 minute range~

i've noticed as well that i get booted automatically if i've been logged in and active for more than 12 hours; i guess it's a safety feature or something, lol.

-v.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I think 10-15 minutes. I always get kicked off by then

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I think it's still 30 minutes, unless this changed at some point.
but if you move even just a little bit, the 'timer' starts over.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
I think it would be about 15 min....

I have seen many people that for some reason must be AFK but plan to come back. You have probably seen these wizards going in circles for mins if not hrs . they do this I would believe to trick the servers into thinking they are still active.... which in most cases work I can remember that I was helping this wizard complete a dungeon but he begged me not to leave and reassured me he will be back.... ( said he was called and had to pick something up from the store.... ). I sat there for I know at least over an hour.... ( I had nothing better to do )
so I went did thing fought bosses checked back at the dungeon and there he was spinning in circles.... Finally he began to move around and ask if I was ready.... I laughed to my self ... and said yup then we finished the dungeon.... The Trick is to shove something between the keys of the arrow keys to hold it down and then your wizard will go into circles....Thus tricking the servers that your still playing....

They put these timers on so that wizards that are AFK for more then the time allotted gets logged off but more and more wizards are using this trick and thus causing lag for some people.... this is why the timers are put there.... if your not playing log out.... you can always log back in.... Just my thoughts ....

Thanks For Reading....

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
At one point, I thought it was 30 minutes. Now it seems to be 15 minutes.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
I think time limit is 20 min.I prefer 45.I am a slow eater!

Tyler Legendfriend

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I believe it disconnects you after 10 minutes of inactivity.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
I don't know the specific time, but I wish that we would have more time before getting disconnected. We all have reasons for taking breaks such as dinner, and when you're in a dungeon you probably won't want to quit!

Explorer
May 18, 2010
Silver Myst on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
I think it would be about 15 min....

I have seen many people that for some reason must be AFK but plan to come back. You have probably seen these wizards going in circles for mins if not hrs . they do this I would believe to trick the servers into thinking they are still active.... which in most cases work I can remember that I was helping this wizard complete a dungeon but he begged me not to leave and reassured me he will be back.... ( said he was called and had to pick something up from the store.... ). I sat there for I know at least over an hour.... ( I had nothing better to do )
so I went did thing fought bosses checked back at the dungeon and there he was spinning in circles.... Finally he began to move around and ask if I was ready.... I laughed to my self ... and said yup then we finished the dungeon.... The Trick is to shove something between the keys of the arrow keys to hold it down and then your wizard will go into circles....Thus tricking the servers that your still playing....

They put these timers on so that wizards that are AFK for more then the time allotted gets logged off but more and more wizards are using this trick and thus causing lag for some people.... this is why the timers are put there.... if your not playing log out.... you can always log back in.... Just my thoughts ....

Thanks For Reading....
Most people use the trick of arrow left/right + alt/shift to keep their wizards from logging out. They also usually spin when they are on 2 accounts at once.

A key + Shift (takes a couple times to work) to be able to spin while switching windows.