Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sgt Major Talbot is confused

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2010
I know the lost pages quests are supposed to be gone, but the Sgt Major keeps giving them to Tatiana on one of my other accounts. She has it listed in her quest log twice and he's just waiting to give it to her again if I'm foolish enough to accept it.

When will those lost pages messages go away? Besides having the same quest cluttering up my quest log twice, it's mildly annoying to have a quest I know is impossible to finish pending.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2013
You can't delete or remove quests from your quest book, you must complete them. The lost pages quests are over for now. I'm not entirely sure if you can complete them now that the event is over, you should ask a moderator.

~ Fallon Winterflame lvl 38

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
It's not just Sgt. Major Talbot. What I'm seeing on both my accounts is that all of the NPCs who gave out the "defeat 10 Spelwrit somethings" quests now have yellow exclamation points over their heads in worlds where a particular wizard did not complete that quest, and if you talk to them, they will offer the quest again.

Survivor
May 13, 2011
That happened to me too. I had to go to Krokotopia for some random reason, and he had a quest for me. Whenever I enter the oasis he gives it to me, although there is only one copy of the quest in my quest book. I have no idea what we're supposed to do about it, but I recomend just not worrying about it.

Kelsey Dragonrider, Lv 36

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Yes, I know. Hence my comment about having a pending quest I cannot finish annoying me. Mercifully the quest leaves the log when I log off the game, but since that character is still doing Krokatopia, Talbot keeps trying to give it to me over and over. I can accept it or reject it, but the next time I'm in the oasis, he has the over his head and tries to give it to me again.

I've not bothered to see if any of my other wizards are still being offered the lost pages quests; my comment was based solely on Tatiana's experience in Krokatopia.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Same thing happened to me. Wethersfield gave me the Dee's Mirror quest of the lost pages, and Talbot gave me the spellwrit stalkers quest. Let's hope KI either makes the Lost Pages playable for everyone OR fixes the issue.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Joshua Starflame on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Same thing happened to me. Wethersfield gave me the Dee's Mirror quest of the lost pages, and Talbot gave me the spellwrit stalkers quest. Let's hope KI either makes the Lost Pages playable for everyone OR fixes the issue.
Thank you! Finally, someone has posted about this.
I've gotten back on W101 after about two months so when I looked at my quest log I was surprised to see that the Lost Pages quest was gone. It didn't really bother me that much because at first I thought it was just a glitch and that I could at least restart the quest, but when I went to talk to the librarian, well, the quest wasn't there.

I still didn't freak out. I went to talk to Wethersfield (he was the last one to give me a task) and he had one of those things above his head. So I talked to him and he said to go to the Krokosphinx, use Dee's Mirror, and defeat Taylor Froghead (I think that's what her name is). I went there but there was no mirror. At first I thought it was another glitch, that maybe the graphics weren't working right. I ignored the quest and just continued what I was doing. But I came back the next day and it still wasn't working. It's been like that ever since.

I originally thought this was just a glitch on my computer (my computer is really old and often glitches out on a new game like W101) but I guess there really is a problem on KingsIsle's end.

-Deirdre Silverblood lvl. 33
Necromancer

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
I see the same thing. The Balance Teacher in front of Bartleby in Ravenwood and the fellow at the Oasis, ... both of them offer the quests. Go to do them, no credit, of course. In your long, it will still say, go to the mirror and fight whoever. Do it and nothing, save or exp and/or an item (that's nice).

But no credit. We need some way to be able to manually remove quests that are no longer completable, ... like a RED "!" on a quest you can click that prompts you to remove it when clicked with confirmation.

Why I'm adding to this is that I find it annoying that the NPCs still offer it and even offer it, even it it is still on your logs. Clearly a bug, ... that the ppl that answered by ticket about it didn't seem to understand that I was trying to report a bug, not asking why I can't complete the quest.

I know the event is over. I don't want to see NPCs offering something that can't be completed. It is very, ... very weird and a little frustrating to me to walk by an NPC with a "!", without picking up the quest. Distracting. And I wish that the Developers would remove these quests being offered, ... if they are not supposed to ever be there.

Why was the even stopped anyway? I don't understand the point of that, the point of having a quest-line in the game, then suddenly yank it out like that ...

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
It's like the pokemon stuff. They'll offer events for a certain time and then poof, once the deadline passes the event's over and all trace of it except completed stuff is over. i've no doubt that KI has implemented just that.. and not this once but times previously passed.