Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best pet for healing?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Hi again!! I have another question!!! Well, I have couple of pets that I wanted to know which one is mmore likely to cast a healing spell. [ the pets are all rare pets .] First I have a baby velocirapter named Maya. I have a baby tailstorm pantera. I have a red ghost at baby. I have a ladybug at teen. Can someone tell me which I should work on training to get a healing talent ?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
SophiaSparklstone on May 31, 2013 wrote:
Hi again!! I have another question!!! Well, I have couple of pets that I wanted to know which one is mmore likely to cast a healing spell. [ the pets are all rare pets .] First I have a baby velocirapter named Maya. I have a baby tailstorm pantera. I have a red ghost at baby. I have a ladybug at teen. Can someone tell me which I should work on training to get a healing talent ?
Go look up each pet here to see their possible talents:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
Well I have a question. I got a Heck Hound a while back, and I wanted to know if it can cast any spells?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
A lot of pets do not come with a healing talent. It takes hatching with other pets that have the talent for it to be a potential manifested talent.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:First_Generation_Pets

If your pets are first generation, the Velociraptor does not have a heal, neither does the Tailstorm Pantera, nor Red Ghost, but the Ladybug has Batusi (Life Bat) which it will get when trained to adult.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
HeckHound3241 on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Well I have a question. I got a Heck Hound a while back, and I wanted to know if it can cast any spells?
Well, the heckhound is a common pet and giving a spell is rare so most likely, no.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2012
I think the Night Hawk because she heals when im at half health. She is a good dancer too! Lol! Jasmine Moonpetal the Fire female wizard

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Defender
Jan 21, 2011
The pet you look for may be the Fierce Hound. The Fierce Hound was given at an event in which Wizards had to vote W101 as the best RPG game on a site (forgot which). It is certain it learns spritely at teen. Or you can get the Halloween pet that resembles a horse on fire (also forgot its name yet I see it all the time it starts with Shadow) which also (almost?) certainly learns Unicorn at teen. Then there is the nutcracker with its first generation ability Fairy Friend. The horse can only be obtained at Halloween, the nutcracker on Christmas and the Fierce Hound only through hatching. I SERIOUSLY advise against hatching with a Fierce Hound. They fail nearly every time after Teen. I recommend the nutcracker because the horse also learns less fortunate spells after Teen. The nutcracker has some pretty good First Generation talents and the spell it gives can help A LOT more than Meteor Strike and the nothing Fierce Hound gives. Good luck!

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
does the ghost dragon give any desirable stats at adult?

Defender
Sep 09, 2012
HeckHound3241 on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Sadly, they do not have good talents. But I noticed my orthrus really didn't have good talents either.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 54

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Wolf and Rider on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
Sadly, they do not have good talents. But I noticed my orthrus really didn't have good talents either.
Emma Emeraldsword lvl 54
I have noticed this as well. I have trained my Ice Colossus to adult and all I got was a 2% power pip bonus. Also, my friend had a spiritual dragon (from the 7-11 gift card) and it was mega, which takes a lot of work, but it could cast the mythblade, fairy, unicorn, and sprite spell. Now I really want this pet!

-Elizabeth Darkmask, level 81 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
i think you guys should get rain beetles
cause i have one and it has may cast fairy! maybe next time i hatch it will get unicorn :D

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
(So Far)I think the best pet for healing is a Polar Cat. I say that because mine learned Fairy Friend, Unicorn, And Energizing Battery. I'm going for Spell-Proof And Defy. Would make for a great PVP pet. Whenever I am in a battle whether it is trash or a boss. It Spam heals me. Even when I don't need it XD. So I'm guessing it just don't want to heal you....

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
My Samoorai (Mister Moose) has been great for healing so far. He is only a teen. He gave Unicorn at baby, and his teen talent is Sprite Time which means he adds a Sprite item card to my deck during duels. Spritely (possibility that he may cast Spritely) and Heart o' Pixie (adding a Pixie item card to my deck during duels) are two of his possible talents as well.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2013
Well, i suggest A carnation pixie. it casts lots of heal spells

Survivor
Jul 05, 2010
You should get a rain beetle. I will hatch with you! I got one and it has may cast fairy! I forgot when it heals but it heals a lot. I think when you attack or when someone attacks you.
good luck!
abigail

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
I know I'm a bit late, but I was wondering if anyone that has a pet talent of "May Cast Fairy" could hatch with me. I've farmed many times for Life Minotaur, and Nutcracker. I have 3 Carnation Pixies that all failed with talents like Astute. I am very thankful to anyone who would help I have a few pets that could be helpful to you as well, like Sea Dragons, Leopards, Etc.

Thanks Again!
Jordan ThunderHeart
Archmage Pyro

Survivor
May 18, 2009
I have been training several pets to heal better. Currently, I use an epic Snake in a Basket that casts weakness and sprite, but I want something better. I have a buddy dragon, jellyfish, enchanted armament, mammoth and a life minotaur among many other pets, but I don't know what to train in order to have a pet. I'd prefer one that could cast fairy as well.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Darkmask, level 83 Thaumaturge

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Jordan Fireheart -
I'd be welcome to hatch with you. I have a teen minotaur that I'm currently training up to adult, but it shouldn't take too long.

-Elizabeth Darkmask level 83

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
TheAwesomeMyth on Jul 25, 2013 wrote:
The pet you look for may be the Fierce Hound. The Fierce Hound was given at an event in which Wizards had to vote W101 as the best RPG game on a site (forgot which). It is certain it learns spritely at teen. Or you can get the Halloween pet that resembles a horse on fire (also forgot its name yet I see it all the time it starts with Shadow) which also (almost?) certainly learns Unicorn at teen. Then there is the nutcracker with its first generation ability Fairy Friend. The horse can only be obtained at Halloween, the nutcracker on Christmas and the Fierce Hound only through hatching. I SERIOUSLY advise against hatching with a Fierce Hound. They fail nearly every time after Teen. I recommend the nutcracker because the horse also learns less fortunate spells after Teen. The nutcracker has some pretty good First Generation talents and the spell it gives can help A LOT more than Meteor Strike and the nothing Fierce Hound gives. Good luck!
It's a Nightmare, horse on fire. (Hunger Games reference, if you know what I mean) It can be hatched, but unless one of the parents already have the unicorn trait, it won't have that trait. The one that's bought is indeed said to get the unicorn trait at teen. Sometimes, the spell cards aren't the best part of a pet. See, Fierce Hounds and Nightmares both have no selfish traits, while the Nutcracker has one, even though it is a 1/10 chance of hitting that selfish trait, it still not completely assuring as the other pets. Along with that, it does not guarantee or have been said many times to hit a healing talent, which is crucial for PvP as well as many solo players. And, actually, the Fierce Hound is an item from the Epic Bundle, and yeah it can be hatched as well.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 52 theurgist