Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which do you prefer: Pigswick or Ravenwood?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
i have no clue how i get to learn from teachers that is a downer i like raven wood better because i can learn spells ps if you know how to get spells in pigs wick plz tell

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Honestly I would pick Ravenwood because at Pigswick there is a lot of cheating and some of the teachers are mean especially Chester Droors. Plus it is the same magic with different names. The founder is a rejected student from Ravenwood so of course they would be totally different.
Patrick Deathgem level 35

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I prefer Ravenwood, because it is mentioned that Pigswick doesn't teach actual spells.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
Ethan Silverbane on May 29, 2013 wrote:
I think Pigswick looks really cool. But, They teach people how to cheat. The headmistress is not very nice to you. I prefer Ravenwood.

What do you guys prefer?
I think ravinwood is my coolest place because it's so much closer

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
RavenLady777 on May 30, 2013 wrote:
l would choose Ravenwood all the way.
same

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
Ravenwood. It has been stated in game that Pigswick doesn't even teach real magic.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
Pigs wick has a nicer campus, but the pigs wick people are jerks.

I would go on vacation to pigs wick, but rave wood is my preferred school.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
RAVENWOOD
All pigswick does is cheat, it's even said on one of those book/lectern things around pigswick, that most of their students don't become wizards and go into other trades.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
skysky1030 on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
RAVENWOOD
All pigswick does is cheat, it's even said on one of those book/lectern things around pigswick, that most of their students don't become wizards and go into other trades.
I'd rather be a Ravenwood student.
Firstly, they don't cheat. The pigswick students even said that they do

And Ravenwood students might actually achieve to be something, one of the people in pigswick said that they don't stay on a path of wizardry. Just like skysky said.

It's not that big of a decision though the cheats they use might come in handy for big boss battles.

Digby WaterGlade lvl 43

Mason IronShield lvl 31

Survivor
Apr 01, 2015
For me, it is a bit hard to pick.

Ravenwood
-------------------
Circle, so schools are very easy to spot.
Teachers are very nice
Have a tree for a source of magic
A spiral door inside of Bartiblly
And Headmaster Amberose is a very awesome Headmaster

Pigswick
---------------------------
Nicer school names
Kind of like interesting story line
Tanglewood way is actually a bit pretty

Man, I though the people of Pigswick are more challenging, but they are so easy for me.I like a bit of challenge in my life, and in games. So I guess Ravenwood is the winner!

Erica DaisyDreamer. Level 51 Grandmaster Pyromancer Find me wither waiting for a team up, watching PVP, or play Wildfire Tag.

" Have some challenge in your life "

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
I would actually have to say I'd prefer Pigswick.

Going back to when someone said that Pegasus Place / Unicorn Way are both mythical horses- In Wysteria, Pegasus Place has actual Pegasi that are even involved in a few quests! I don't really see any unicorns in Unicorn Way ... unless you count that statue?
(So far: Pigswick - 1)

The "School Campus" in Pigswick is a lot larger and it's like the Commons, Shopping District, and Ravenwood all beautifully merged into one. While it is a bit difficult to navitage as the schools are all in random places, I still prefer one big campus to explore rather than one small circle.
(So far: Pigswick - 2)

Now, onto the Fountain and Bartelby. I do admit, Bartelby's awesome, but think of it this way. Bartelby is sort of Ravenwood's thing and I don't really see any Ravenwood wizards just talking about Bartelby. Actually, I think each school keeps their "Source of Magic" private. Who knows if that fountain can do anything? Plus, the world door is surrounded by fountains. Coincidence?

As for the Headmaster and teachers, I have to say that Ravenwood probably wins this one. Though, if you replaced Pigswick's teachers with Ravenwood's, I'd go there in a heartbeat. The school dorms are beautiful and so is the headmaster/mistress's office.

[WARNING- These are my personal opinions.]
~Roslyn Blueflower, Exalted

Survivor
May 18, 2014
Blindeyeswarriors on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
Madame Vadima? Who is that??
Madame Vadima is the Witchdoctor trainer in Pirate101. But I can't believe that she was trained in Pigswick Academy.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2015
ChrisFoeIceWizard on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Well, Ravenwood and Pigswick is the same because the school are the same and both of the places haves professor's but Wizard City haves more zones than Pigswick.

Wizard Chris Foe Level 37
I do not know anything about Wysteria. I am only a 21 so i can't go there yet

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
keesterio64 on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
I do not know anything about Wysteria. I am only a 21 so i can't go there yet
ok so why did you reply to this in the first place

taylor searider level 35 ice

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
I feel that Ravenwood has more history behind its origins -- Grandmother Raven, Bartleby, The First World, The Titans, Old Cob? -- whereas Pigswick Academy was just an overgrown area of plants until some guy felt the need to create a school out of it.
As much as I love magical fountains, I love Bartleby more.

- Marissa LifeBlossom
level 100

Survivor
Feb 16, 2015
Woo! R. A. V. E. N. W. O. O. D. obviously mankind LOL

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
I prefer ravenwood, mainly because the detail there is amazing. And it's where all the teachers/instuctuers are. And ravenwood is the main place to be since that's where the grandfather tree is. He could take uou to places. And pigswick is just a side world.
Jason Pearlmask~ level 65. LEGENDARY PYROMANCER.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
Ethan Silverbane on May 29, 2013 wrote:
I think Pigswick looks really cool. But, They teach people how to cheat. The headmistress is not very nice to you. I prefer Ravenwood.

What do you guys prefer?
i like ravenwood in the form of looks but pigswick because they have really powerful teachers

Hero
May 07, 2015
ravenwood to LEVEL110 lol

Survivor
Oct 11, 2015
Ravenwood all the way!!!

Survivor
May 04, 2013
i think i prever pigswick

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
Ummmmmm Why would anyone ask this question??? RAVENWOOD!!! but what if kingsisle made different models of wizard101 where instead you where a student at Dragonspyre or Pigswick?!?!?!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
ravenwood is much more welcoming and doesn't cheat while pigswick is mean and cheat so I choose ravenwood

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I prefer pigswick on certain things and Ravenwood on other things. I like pigswick better look wise because it's so pretty! But I like Ravenwoods teachers better. Erin Rainbow River lv.83 Life