Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which do you prefer: Pigswick or Ravenwood?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Just to make a quick point Chester Droors was only difficult because he had two minions to help him, and Pigswick could possibly be better due to the teachers. They were way cooler than the ones in Ravenwood.

Jacob Icesong lvl 88 Archmage

Survivor
Mar 20, 2010
lol ofc ravenwood, anyone who thinks pigswick is a traitor.
Come on, a magical tree, not fountain.

P.S: I HATE Tanglewood Way.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I would have to say Ravenwood. Wysterians are pigs (literally) that cheat. Getting around is confusing, I can't even pronounce what they call their Balance school, and they have a teacher called Chester Droors.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2013
ravenwood isn't it obvious

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
Blindeyeswarriors on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
Madame Vadima? Who is that??
the witchdoctor teacher in pirate 101

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
i like my glamor but i also like nice so if you combined them both them it would be epic! but i gotta choose avalon sorry ravenwood sorry pigswick but you both have something very important wrong with you pigswick you have being nice wrong and ravenwood you have glamor wrong with you and honestly avalon is the only world with both of those

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Ravenwood because of the dungeons you are allowed to do during the halloween holiday season.
Saffron Sandsword
Legendary

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Ravenwood has a circle, so you can find the schools easily and there is a magic tree, and the place looks more nature, like they have school trees and grass, not brick.

Pigswick is more like a maze to find the schools and the pigs cheat and they have a magic fountain and the ground and walls are made out of brick.

So, the winner is..
RAVENWOOD!

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Ravenwood sounds less strict while Wysteria does. They want you to cheat in Wysteria because they want to win. I don't want to be a bragger which is Pigswick Academy.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
Today on our voting group!

Ravenwood VS Pigswick

Ravenwood
awesome ambrose :P
nice teachers that don't expect for you to do their bidding( err sometimes :P but for a reason)
magical tree

Pigswick
Mean Headmiss
Cheaters
They lazy
Cattail growing fountain

From our comments it seems that ravenwood wins!

Survivor
Apr 03, 2011
I prefer Ravenwood over Pigswick because everyone seems more kind and we have an awesome headmaster (Ambrose). In Pigswick acadamy, they have a lot of cons such as: Belladonna Crisp, Randolf, Big Egos, Horrible Tanglewood Way, and Cheating. Although, I do love their architecture.

~Cheyenne RavenSong

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I choose Ravenwood, even though the Pigswick Academy schools sounds cool and unique.

Defender
Jan 13, 2013
taylor emeraldwhis... on May 4, 2014 wrote:
i like my glamor but i also like nice so if you combined them both them it would be epic! but i gotta choose avalon sorry ravenwood sorry pigswick but you both have something very important wrong with you pigswick you have being nice wrong and ravenwood you have glamor wrong with you and honestly avalon is the only world with both of those
Theres a problem there miss, we're not talking about worlds, we're talking about schools!

Personally I like Ravenwood's design.

And honestly I think Pigswick is a joke, they cheat, won the spiral cup because no one ever even participated!
The wizards won because they signed up! And whats wrong with glamour?

Personally I don't even care what I wear, I just hope it has good stats. Btw, my vocabulary seems to have failed me. What is glamor? Is it supposed to be glamour?

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
I'm going to be the elephant in the room and say DragonSpyre. Because cool scenery.

And to the people saying that you learn nothing in Pigswick, it's because you're not a student there, you're a visitor from another school competing in a tournament AGAINST the school.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Um I like cheating . Wysteria is prettier and the little piggies are SO adorable. Everyone there is rich and there are Pegasai and fauns and stuff like that.
So which school do I choose?

Ravenwood!

You see there's this big tree and when I look at it I feel so happy.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2011
Here's what I think about Pigswick vs Ravenwood

Pigswick: Ravenwood:
Pretty cool teachers
Awesome headmaster
teaches lots of spells
Not a good tournament hall
Actually people are wizards
Awesome teachers Nice school
Mean headmaster = 5/6 good
Teaches no spells
Awesome tournament hall Ravenwood Wins!
people there are pigs o. o
they cheat and are weak So i would go to ravenwood, after all i am a archmage
nice school there :D
= 3/6good Tyler Dragonspear level 86 wizard

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Ok so these are what each school offers:

Ravenwood:
Headmaster Ambrose (nice man and looks like Dumbledore)
Magic tree that talks, breaths, has a spiral door inside, and has eyes to look into the past and the future
Cyrus Drake (BEST PROFESSER EVER!!!)
Circle of schools so really easy to find
Other magic talking and breathing trees
Actually teaches magic
No cheating

Pigswick and opinion in next post!

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
Ravenwood because Pigswick's students (Pigs) cheat. The world is also like a big maze which makes it very confusing to find stuff and find places. Ravenwood actually teaches "Real Magic" other than teaching cheats.

RAVENWOOD wins
Jessica AngleBlossom Master Lvl 49

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
I like Pigswick better only because the school looks nicer and more pristine.

If the game gave you the option of which school you wanted to attend, I think pigswick is where I would go.

Sure some of the folks there are jerks, and the cheating is something I dislike, but the school and environment itself overall, is pretty nice.

In fact, Wysteria is a all time favorite world.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Ravenwood is a better school for teaching, but Pigswick looks much nicer and is really cool.
I think, i'll go with Pigswick. It looks nicer and has more stuff. But Belladonna Crisp is there, which is kinda bad. And they cheat, but still... I like it.

A. Lifegem: Mastermind Magus Theugist and Diviner
F. Moonrunner: Lady of the Falling Sky Exalted Diviner and Thaumaturge and Moon, Star, Shadow and Sun ?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Breakfastprince on May 29, 2013 wrote:
I prefer Pigswick.
I think Ravenwood teaches Dueling but Pigswick teaches....combatants...
They may be ugly and brutal but they get the job done.
And Chester Droors was pretty powerful for a school that teaches weak magic.
Plus Madame Vadima the Witchdoctor trainer went to pigswick and she's really powerful.
I think the books of Pigswicks History was written by a biased writer. Perhaps a rejected teacher?
'And Chester Droors was pretty powerful for a school that teaches weak magic..."

Really? Life is powerful. All the schools are. I am Life so that insults me right there

Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Blindeyeswarriors on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
Madame Vadima? Who is that??
You have to play Pirate101. Choose Witchdoctor school to meet her. She is the Witchdoctor teacher.

Hazel Xanderman: Level 13 Swashbuckler (P101)
Olivia Richardson: Level 29 Witchdoctor (P101)
Autumn Lifegem: Level 32 Theugist (W101)
Fallon Moonrunner: Level 100 Diviner (W101)

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
Ravenwood is what i prefer! I'm not a big fan of Pigswick.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Ravenwood by a landslide.

The pig students in Pigswick are really annoying and act really conceited and self-centered.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
i prefer Rav. wood B. crisp is pretty mean also making fun of bartilby hear the phrase "ours is a fountain (not a tree") and ravenwood does not cheat i like that maybe the evil side will just cheat and take something like 1-5 turns but ravenwood nicer.

ravenwood has got 13/15 score for me while wyst. has 2/15