Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell Idea: "Turn-Coat":

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Okay, this is a spell idea that could be introduced is a future expac, if anymore are planned, ...
and in a game where worlds can be added without running out of room, who knows?

So, ... the idea is this, this Spell, which could be added, I guess, to one of the Astral Schools?
Maybe to Moon, because this is a very shadowy maneuver.

When "Turn-Coat" is cast, the person who is the target of this Spell will attack one of his allies
the next round. If the person is dueling solo, he himself will be the target.

For one round, because multiple rounds, the effect could obviously get out of hand. You don't
want to end up defeating yourself!

After that, you get a Shield that lasts the rest of the battle, like a Stun Shield, but makes it so
that you cannot be made to target yourself or a friend again.

Oh, and an enemy team of two or more people cannot stack it on you. Once it's cast on you,
you get the Shield right away, so that additional shots will bounce off.

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
(Sorry, Moderators, I forgot something important. If you approve this idea as a post, Please,
use this version of my post.)

Okay, this is a spell idea that could be introduced is a future expac, if anymore are planned, ...

So, ... the idea is this, this Spell, which could be added, I guess, to one of the Astral Schools?

When "Turn-Coat" is cast, the person who is the target of this Spell will attack one of his allies

For one round, because multiple rounds, the effect could obviously get out of hand. You don't

After that, you get a Shield that lasts the rest of the battle, like a Stun Shield, but makes it so

Oh, and an enemy team of two or more people cannot stack it on you. Once it's cast on you,

Additional Information I almost forgot:

Also, you can get a Zero-Pip Anti-Turn-Coat Shield as well, that works like the Shield that
you get from Turn-Coat, only you can make use of the Shield right away, which also would
last the whole fight. Maybe there would be a version of this Shield that you could cast for
any others as well, with a cost of one Pip per friend.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Aurora Griffin on May 25, 2013 wrote:
(Sorry, Moderators, I forgot something important. If you approve this idea as a post, Please,
use this version of my post.)

Additional Information I almost forgot:

Also, you can get a Zero-Pip Anti-Turn-Coat Shield as well, that works like the Shield that
you get from Turn-Coat, only you can make use of the Shield right away, which also would
last the whole fight. Maybe there would be a version of this Shield that you could cast for
any others as well, with a cost of one Pip per friend.
There is actually already a similar spell to this, it is called beguile. Ponce De Gibbon casts it on you in Azteca if you fail to attack him when you are marked.

Info here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Beguile

Calamity PixieShade level 90

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Such a spell already exist. It's called beguile and it's a spell. there is no beguile shield and bosses are already immune to it. Sorry dude but Wizard101 already has this spell. reminds me of the time I tried to invent the Pheonix spell card

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
LOL, nice. I didn't know the Mods would use both the old and new versions of this post. Thx.

Anyway, ... I forgot one last thing. If an enemy hits you and you have a Turn-Coat Shield on, ...
it will be reflected back at the enemy -- and be cast on the enemy himself!

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Problems with the "Turn-Coat" spell and Beguile:
1) You don't know what the enemy is going to cast, so the spell typically gets wasted (along with the pips) because most rounds enemies cast shields, traps, pass, or fizzle. Its a very poor gamble guessing if the enemy is going to attack.

2) In PvP the spell is a waste if you cast 2nd because the enemy will 'know' and simply won't attack you on the next round.

Solution:
Making the spell function on the enemy's next actual attack would make it more usefull. It would be similar to a Dispel or Weakness. Sure a smart enemy could just use a wand spell to get rid of it... similar to Dispel or Weakness, but still a very handy spell.

~ RottenHeart

Defender
Jun 19, 2009
Checking back on this topic. "Beguile". Oh, yeah. LOL, I forgot about that one. ... Oh, well.