Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Am I weak for my level????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2009
I'm level 61 Legendary Death And my SECONDARY is storm....... I JUST entered Zafaria and I'm only level 61 I NEVER EVER do side quests I think that's the problem. In zafaria I can't beat ANY boss without any help from my friends and I think I might be annoying to them but I can't help it cause I want to level up but I can't even beat a simple boss fight even if hes in celestia (I beat celestia) I also chose the school of Moon( polymorphs ) which I now regret cause I noticed how much better sun and star is.... I am a total wreck! I get beat from my mom who is Level 58 life ..............I need some advice, I just started playing wizard101 again I stopped for about... 1-2 years! I'm trying to get good again.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
No, level 61 is ok. World fighting styles are different for different wizards, maybe you are still using the strategy and deck set up for death. Try using a new stategy, and deck set up. Fight a couple times and adapt to what you need to do to win.

Angela Dragonstone level 84

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Flint DragonHunter on May 23, 2013 wrote:
I'm level 61 Legendary Death And my SECONDARY is storm....... I JUST entered Zafaria and I'm only level 61 I NEVER EVER do side quests I think that's the problem. In zafaria I can't beat ANY boss without any help from my friends and I think I might be annoying to them but I can't help it cause I want to level up but I can't even beat a simple boss fight even if hes in celestia (I beat celestia) I also chose the school of Moon( polymorphs ) which I now regret cause I noticed how much better sun and star is.... I am a total wreck! I get beat from my mom who is Level 58 life ..............I need some advice, I just started playing wizard101 again I stopped for about... 1-2 years! I'm trying to get good again.
Unless you have an amulet for the storm spells you may want to forgo them. You can do fine with just the death school spells given you.

I trained in the Sun Spells - fists - you don't have to take the accuracy ones to get them in order. The last one is in Zafaria Drum Jungle.

We craft the Wintertusk gear since we are not very good at Waterworks.

Death is a trap happy school use this to your advantage - watch your health when you get low use ScareCrow or Wraith to replenish. Train you school scarecrow pet. Shorten you deck up so the cards you need come up.

Just for starters.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
I have some suggestions for you. Being a level 61 in Zafaria is fine - it's technically the ideal level to start - and Death is a great solo school, you just have to work it to your advantage.
Firstly, buy a few Crowns and trade back your training points. Then invest in star and sun school spells - they are the most helpful. Also go and get Ice spells up to Tower Shield, the Spirit blades/traps from Niles in Krokosphinx, and any leftovers can be put towards Life's healing spells - always handy - or can be saved for the future.
Now, you say you never do side quests. Go and do them. I suggest going back and doing the Celestia ones - they'll have the most experience points up for grabs. Work backwards from there. Do Grizzleheim - this has the added benefit of the level 35 spell. Then Wintertusk - this place has amazing exp. Also, do Zeke's quests - training points are always good. You can find plenty of guides all over the internet which will lead you to the Smiths, Stray Cats etc. with no trouble at all.
If you are needing help for most battles, perhaps your gear is letting you down? I'd recommend farming Waterworks for your Death outfit - it has the best gear for Legendary wizards, and I even see Prometheans showing off their 30-levels-ago gear from WW.
If you need help, look me up - I'll most likely be cruising around Baobab Market.
Hope I've been of some assistance!
Sierra Ashblood, Legendary

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
Buy all your training points back. Using a secondary school like you said is pretty much useless like you said. Do wintertusk that will help you out. Ditch all the polymorphs like you said? Why did you get them in the first place if I might ask. You'll survive...death is boss like that.
Promothean

Survivor
Jun 11, 2010
61 in Zafaria is normal. Just buy back your training points and dont get a secondary school. Then buy star and sun school spells.

Sean Ogerthorn lvl 81

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Most get there at lvl 58-64 so your good.I am 71 in crystal grove all I do is death blade pass crow on mobs.For bosses I do death blade amulet death blade and spirit blade then feint boss crow.You might want to ask a friend to take you to mangrove marsh and there is a guy named acne wine feather that might have a quest for you but you will need some help I started the quest at your exact lvl.Also I recommend this gear:

Hangmans hood
Hangmans robe
Hangmans boots
Quagga blade
Bear claw of something
Shango's death blade amulet
Bear's something again
Lvl 60 deck forgot the name.
A pet with spell proof or defy or both spritely and pierce or blade or for your school since your death death blade.

Tyler Legendfriend 71 (I will never lvl up)