Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

you're kidding right?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
is it me or did they overdo it with the fire mobs in azteca? opinions anyone?

Zachary ThunderFlame promethean

Survivor
May 07, 2013
Zachary Thunderfla... on May 17, 2013 wrote:

you've gotta point there and yes they defenitely do!!!my other balace wizard has finished the game

from Bailey Ironweaver lvl26student(my balance wiz is Sandra Blade lvl100)

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
heresyrollthebones on May 17, 2013 wrote:
you've gotta point there and yes they defenitely do!!!my other balace wizard has finished the game

There's no such thing as level 100! It only goes up to level 90!

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Azteca is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. And much of it you really need to team up with at least one other wizard.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
As a fire wizard, I thought "Finally another angry pyro!" when I read this. So yeah, I think so too. Well, there sayin' the next world might be Polaris which is ice-like so I'm guessing there will be a lot of ice-type mobs there. Alura Battleheart- lvl 84

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

i think they overdid it with everything in azteca, but that might just be me.

-von
promethean and

Survivor
Oct 29, 2012
Alura BH on May 19, 2013 wrote:
As a fire wizard, I thought "Finally another angry pyro!" when I read this. So yeah, I think so too. Well, there sayin' the next world might be Polaris which is ice-like so I'm guessing there will be a lot of ice-type mobs there. Alura Battleheart- lvl 84
Ha, there better not be a large ice mob place, and I though Grizzlehiem was the ice world I: I better get my converts together.

Explorer
Feb 29, 2012
Dr Von on May 24, 2013 wrote:

-von
promethean and
everything including making balance opponents so annoying spamming nova and weakness

Keelan Sun Vault promethean

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I actually didn't think fire was that bad....but I can't get my hopes up I'm only just got out of Saltmeadow swamp

angie D

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Dr Von on May 24, 2013 wrote:

-von
promethean and
I sort of agree. Even though I'm not in Azteca, I help my friends that are there quite often. Ponce de Gibbon, Belloq's crazy return, etc.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
You're telling me. If I see another efreet again I am screaming. t's true though, they pretty much over did everything towards half way through with Azteca. The only exception is the death mobs in Pitch Black Lake. They were kind of nice ^_^

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I don't think Azteca is that bad, and much of it is really fun.

My fire wiz has powered through the first part of Azteca, and here's how:

1- Crafted Avalon gear mixed with WW gear. (Your gear is the most important thing IMO - she has awesome resist and over 250 fire critical rating)
2- Did all side quests so she wasn't under leveled (level 82 before she started Azteca)
3- Smart deck setup (for Azteca mobs she uses fireballs with Colossus glove and one blade). Total of 12 cards in deck. She has a bigger deck for boss battles.
4 -Healing pet
5- Mass prisms
6- Careful use of TCs (Feint, extra blades and traps for boss battles)

Yes she does quest with my balance, but usually has the mobs killed before the balance can get a shot off.

If you use the advantages the game gives you, you can get through AZ and it is still fun. However, if you go in under leveled and without carefully thinking out your gear and deck, you will get frustrated.

The only bad part about Azteca is that low levels can port in and totally ruin your battle strategy.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Indeed, they over did everything in Azteca. Usually I'm confident when I'm about to face a boss but every since Ponce Gibbon, ugh! I'm too afraid to solo Cipactli now

Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
dr6g0n on May 19, 2013 wrote:
There's no such thing as level 100! It only goes up to level 90!
what she probably saying is she added the exp up after level 90 and she would be level 100 right now

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
heresyrollthebones on May 17, 2013 wrote:

lvl100 is impossible. the final lvl you can get is 90.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
alex117sf5 on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
what she probably saying is she added the exp up after level 90 and she would be level 100 right now
I doubt it. How would she know the exact amount of xp from 90-100? 90 is the max!!!!!! Also, can you even get that much xp. And if you did quest that much well too bad your still level 90 or lower that other "work" if she did it doesn't count for the next level cap increase, so...

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Generally speaking, I don't think Fire was overdone. In fact, I would say Myth is a better contender for generally overdone. I do, however, think the Wanadi fight is overdone in terms of fire! That one is simply ridiculous! But beyond that particular fight, the only thing that bothered me about Azteca was the ridiculous number of Earthquakes and Medusas I had to deal with.

Survivor
May 15, 2012
WilliamLoki on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Ha, there better not be a large ice mob place, and I though Grizzlehiem was the ice world I: I better get my converts together.
If the next world is ice based i'm going to scream cause i'm useless against ice and yea thaey did over to fire

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
they need to take out the R10 spells. you could be fighting a fire enemy, and as your about to kill them, they use flame serpent! I like the spell, but them being able to use it? just... ugh.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
wizardrokz on May 26, 2013 wrote:
I actually didn't think fire was that bad....but I can't get my hopes up I'm only just got out of Saltmeadow swamp

angie D
Gee, I did the Cenote and now have nothing else to do there!!! When do I get to Saltmeadow swamp or something?

Thanks for help.

Kath

Survivor
Jul 08, 2010

I think most of the mobs are much more powerful in azteca than they've been in past worlds:
-Fire mobs use efreet, drastically weakening your attacks
-Storm mobs use sirens, leviathan, and enfeeble, crippling your blades
-Ice mobs can use lord of winter, making you lose pips
-Balance mobs can use mana burn (I hate that spell!) and sabertooth, which is annoying if you are life, death, or myth.
-Myth mobs can use basilisk, medusa, and earthquake, which are all annoying spells to me.

Life and death mobs are the only mobs that are truly easy for me to kill.

Nicholas DeathWeaver, level 87