Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents for arena tickets?!

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
and what about those of us who don't pvp?

as if crafting wasn't already a lengthy and irritating process, the hard-to-get reagents are now available to pvp'ers only? this is so completely ludicrous that words (g-rated ones, anyway) fail me.

still more proof that pvp now runs the game.
not happy, kingsisle.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Dr Von on May 14, 2013 wrote:

as if crafting wasn't already a lengthy and irritating process, the hard-to-get reagents are now available to pvp'ers only? this is so completely ludicrous that words (g-rated ones, anyway) fail me.

not happy, kingsisle.
I didn't seem to mind the major reagents being put into Diego's Arena Shop. I don't pvp at all (I'm not very good at it and I find it frustrating and too aggressive for my tastes). I just saw it as interesting and left it there. As a crafter, gardener, and simple player who detests PvP, I doesn't make me go PvP in the least. It's just another means of getting something. Like gold and crowns. So for me it doesn't change anything. No one's forcing me to go pvp a million times just to buy one reageant. I've seen KI use this technique in many other areas and, my own idea on it, is that they simply want try to get you to do other things. Some crafted gear needs garden-only reagents. This gets people to do a little gardening here and there, which they may have never done at all before. Same here. If you really, really want reagents, try some PvP and see if you like it (I know the chances are low though) However, all in all, what you might have or what you might be doing is just fine.

So to answer your first question, for people who don't PvP (again I don't), they'll have to keep doing what they've been doing; crafting, farming, and gardening. Yeah, they can take time (a lot of time) and be very irritating, but you really need to have that patients (something that's drifting away from the Wizard's of the Spiral I'm seeing).

I took on the challenge of crafting the Deer Knight spell. It's been many months since I started. When I saw what was called for and remembering what KI said (it won't be easy), I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park; I wasn't going to have still spell by tomorrow. So I've been extremely patient with it and I'm not that far away actually (with luck, I could have it done by the end of this Summer; doubt it). But I do know that for my Death wizard, this spell isn't a necessaty. He does just fine with Dr. Von and Avenging Fossil. So I don't need to work very hard to get it. And I'm pretty happy. It's like my go-to project when Azteca gets to be much.

And remember, even PvP'ers still have to work at these. They still have to go duel after duel to get the Tickets they did. Even if they have collected a ton of tickers, it can easily be spent just on a few reagents. So PvP'ers have it no easier than anyone else trying to get Amber, Turquoise, SunStone, Golden Pearls, etc. Some might just get ahead start (those who have insanely PvP'ed that is...)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 15, 2013 wrote:
I didn't seem to mind the major reagents being put into Diego's Arena Shop. I don't pvp at all (I'm not very good at it and I find it frustrating and too aggressive for my tastes). I just saw it as interesting and left it there. As a crafter, gardener, and simple player who detests PvP, I doesn't make me go PvP in the least. It's just another means of getting something. Like gold and crowns. So for me it doesn't change anything. No one's forcing me to go pvp a million times just to buy one reageant. I've seen KI use this technique in many other areas and, my own idea on it, is that they simply want try to get you to do other things. Some crafted gear needs garden-only reagents. This gets people to do a little gardening here and there, which they may have never done at all before. Same here. If you really, really want reagents, try some PvP and see if you like it (I know the chances are low though) However, all in all, what you might have or what you might be doing is just fine.

So to answer your first question, for people who don't PvP (again I don't), they'll have to keep doing what they've been doing; crafting, farming, and gardening. Yeah, they can take time (a lot of time) and be very irritating, but you really need to have that patients (something that's drifting away from the Wizard's of the Spiral I'm seeing).

I took on the challenge of crafting the Deer Knight spell. It's been many months since I started. When I saw what was called for and remembering what KI said (it won't be easy), I knew it wasn't going to be a walk in the park; I wasn't going to have still spell by tomorrow. So I've been extremely patient with it and I'm not that far away actually (with luck, I could have it done by the end of this Summer; doubt it). But I do know that for my Death wizard, this spell isn't a necessaty. He does just fine with Dr. Von and Avenging Fossil. So I don't need to work very hard to get it. And I'm pretty happy. It's like my go-to project when Azteca gets to be much.

And remember, even PvP'ers still have to work at these. They still have to go duel after duel to get the Tickets they did. Even if they have collected a ton of tickers, it can easily be spent just on a few reagents. So PvP'ers have it no easier than anyone else trying to get Amber, Turquoise, SunStone, Golden Pearls, etc. Some might just get ahead start (those who have insanely PvP'ed that is...)
i don't garden, and i hate crafting~ everything about it, from having to farm for reagents with terrible drop rates to wasting countless hours transmuting. and i will avoid it at all costs, except in cases where it's absolutely necessary for better gear. it's expensive and time-consuming, a waste of precious days/weeks/months that i don't have.

i am an adult in my mid-20s. i (like most other young people) have a life and family/social/work obligations offline, meaning that i don't have hours upon hours to spend looking for items that are nigh impossible to get. no game should ever be more stressful than a full-time job... i already have 2 of those, thanks.

on that note, my death wizard will never have the deer knight spell. as much as i love it, it's just not worth the time, frustration, and crowns spent on gardening.

-v.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I agree with ya Von. I think KI should make easier ways for people who don't PvP, garden or craft, or farm. People don't have time, life is busy! I think we should be able to:
  • Buy all regents (Though the prices would be high, it is something easy, you just need gold, which you get from questing) Having normal street mobs drop regents more often so you can get them withough farming And have regents of all types more scattered around places. Indivisual regents, not where you have to farm other regents
This would make things easier for people with less time, and only have time to quest on story line. I am lucky and do have time, but people should be able to get things easier with less time. How ever a thought occured to me just now: There should be an option when you are making an account, that asks how often you will go on. It would only ask if you are going on alot, not alot, or inbetween (So no personal info.) That way, people with time would be happy and get regents normally and people with less time could be happy and get regents easily. There would be a servey in the game if this were added.

I hope things will get easier for people with less time, from Angela D.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on May 16, 2013 wrote:
i don't garden, and i hate crafting~ everything about it, from having to farm for reagents with terrible drop rates to wasting countless hours transmuting. and i will avoid it at all costs, except in cases where it's absolutely necessary for better gear. it's expensive and time-consuming, a waste of precious days/weeks/months that i don't have.

i am an adult in my mid-20s. i (like most other young people) have a life and family/social/work obligations offline, meaning that i don't have hours upon hours to spend looking for items that are nigh impossible to get. no game should ever be more stressful than a full-time job... i already have 2 of those, thanks.

on that note, my death wizard will never have the deer knight spell. as much as i love it, it's just not worth the time, frustration, and crowns spent on gardening.

-v.
The quest for deer knight..I hear you von I've bought packs trying to get that spell. I'm on the Dragonspyre crafting quest on that character (transcended on my ice). So I've mostly given up. XD

Wolf Deathhammer

Historian
May 06, 2009
Dr Von on May 16, 2013 wrote:

-v.
Ok. Von, all I'm saying is that these Reagents being sold by Diego is just another way of getting them. I'm not saying you have to go PvP, garden, craft, or any of that. I'm sorry you don't have the time for some of these things. I even said, it will take time, and a lot of time sometimes, but you gotta have some patience, or don't bother at all. Just saying. Those reagents being sold for tickets are but another means of getting them. I can't seem them trying to force people to PvP or saying "PvP'ers can only get them! Haha!" No. Not at all. Maybe one day they'll come out with a Mega Reagent Pack that sure fire gives Amber, Turquoise, Sun Stone, etc. But, like I said, just another way of getting what you need.

Also in relation to your response on gardening, crafting, etc. I wasn't necessarily talking just to you but all people who don't PvP. We'll just have to manage with what we have until KI makes the change for this game. Until then, what's here works to an extant (as you might put it). Sorry you're not into gardening and crafting. Some do some don't. All in all, this game takes time. I think the developers have an idea of trying to make people with time (or just plain anyone for that matter) stay on longer. I dunno, and honestly I'm not interested in getting it to that at the moment.

I guess the only real way of making things fast and easy for the stressed-out parents, older players, or people without out that needed tim, is just put all the things somewhere so they're buyable for gold or crowns.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on May 17, 2013 wrote:
Ok. Von, all I'm saying is that these Reagents being sold by Diego is just another way of getting them. I'm not saying you have to go PvP, garden, craft, or any of that. I'm sorry you don't have the time for some of these things. I even said, it will take time, and a lot of time sometimes, but you gotta have some patience, or don't bother at all. Just saying. Those reagents being sold for tickets are but another means of getting them. I can't seem them trying to force people to PvP or saying "PvP'ers can only get them! Haha!" No. Not at all. Maybe one day they'll come out with a Mega Reagent Pack that sure fire gives Amber, Turquoise, Sun Stone, etc. But, like I said, just another way of getting what you need.

Also in relation to your response on gardening, crafting, etc. I wasn't necessarily talking just to you but all people who don't PvP. We'll just have to manage with what we have until KI makes the change for this game. Until then, what's here works to an extant (as you might put it). Sorry you're not into gardening and crafting. Some do some don't. All in all, this game takes time. I think the developers have an idea of trying to make people with time (or just plain anyone for that matter) stay on longer. I dunno, and honestly I'm not interested in getting it to that at the moment.

I guess the only real way of making things fast and easy for the stressed-out parents, older players, or people without out that needed tim, is just put all the things somewhere so they're buyable for gold or crowns.
Yup the reagents from Diego are also in bazaar etc. Aether is a good example. It is found in the Bazaar, sold by Diego, can be found from kelp reagents as a rare drop, and can also be transmuted.

Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Dr Von on May 14, 2013 wrote:

not happy, kingsisle.
I've been waiting 2 years for something to buy with my arena tickets.

Until recently, after you bought the commander gear and all the decorations and pets, there was absolutely nothing to buy. So kudos to KI for at least selling something useful to those who spend time and effort playing PvP.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
P.S. There isn't anything available in the arena shop that you can't find, buy, or craft. So it's not like you are missing out on anything. It's just something on which we PvPers can spend our thousands of useless arena tickets. I would also like to see treasure cards added to the arena store.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Don't you also get event tickets from running the pet derby? Or is that just as stratified and competitive as ranked pvp now?

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
what really strikes me in this thread, as in many others i have read, is the hatred KI has built up over deer knight. im in the middle myself, i have 5 ambers left to be done...this should reflect poorly on my sanity.

the other amber spells are pure luxury or outright awful (lord of night may be the worst spell ever conceived by mortals) but deer knight has utility and fills a need in the death line-up. it shouldn't be held hostage to ambers. but you simply can't give it away now after a bunch of crazy people have gone and jumped through the amber-lottery hoops...it would be wrong to do that too.

my opinion...put deer knight as a rare drop from young morganthe...its a great test for a death wizard but still doable. but then...3 parts here...1) change lord of night to something...anything...remotely useful. my opinion is change the -25% next heal to -X% weakness to next enemy spell...but there are many ways to make it at least semi-useful AND 2) leave lord of night and deer knight as amber spells but have a trigger that anyone with deer knight will prompt Dworgyn to initiate a kill quest to receive lord of night. and yes, even lucky pack buyers would qualify. AND 3) add a trigger to receiving lord of night through crafting or packs to prompt Dworgyn to give a kill quest (young morganthe or malistaire perhaps?) for the deer knight spell.

you would still need to farm ambers or buy packs or get reeeeeal lucky with killing ol' morganthe...but the reward would be fair to present and future amber farmers...and still provide incentive to crown pack gamblers. and you'd still need to complete an appropriate quest to get the other spell, lord of night or deer knight.

deer knight is THAT important in my opinion. death wizards need it. lord of night is THAT bad. i will probably submit this request in more threads in the future :) should probably offer similar options to other classes' amber spells. went overboard with amber, time to make it right.