Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bad juju cloaked?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Hello Everyone!! :)

I just have a small issue here that I want to get out in the open. I hope you'll all agree. The thing is with the spell "Bad Juju" for the death wizards. Now this spell is a very good addition and is very useful in PvP if timed right especially if your going first. But if your second, the opponent will take it off using wand or cleanse charm etc.

Similarly the same goes for the other stuff like dispels weaknesses and infections. The opponent will remove them if they know what they are or if they cant attack unless they have them off. Unless you have them cloaked then no one knows what that particular thing on them is until they use it or remove it by cleanse charm and since cleanse charm is a TC you'll eventually run out of it.

Now the matter is that you can cloak Bad Juju too but its of no use, because if you cloak it the opponent still knows that what he has on himself is a -90% weakness from Bad Juju because when you cast it and the way the spell is casted everyone can see that your health has reduced and then there is a cloaked thingi on the opponent. Since there is no similar spell therefore its a must that its a -90 weakness and no one attacks unless they have it off. If kingIsle can do something about this like making it that the person casting the cloaked Bad Juju is casting a normal cloaked weakness or infection or dispel? because all the cloaked spells have a similar action for casting right? but not for Bad Juju. The thing with taking away life can be achieved secretly? like only the person watching the casters health closely notices that his life had reduced by 300 after casting that particular cloaked spell.

Just something to think about. If this is done then it would be great in PvP as no one will know that what they on them is a weakness? dispel? infection? or ;) a -90 weakness lol. Take care all

Alex Deathcaller Level 90 Death wizard

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The only reason to cloak Bad Juju is because when you reshuffle you get an extra copy of the Bad Juju spell. But now that the trained spell called Reshuffle has been demoted to being a treasure card, the "Fast Reshuffle" strategy has virtually been eliminated.

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
I am not talking about using reshuffle or what happens when you use reshuffle....you might have misunderstood what I am trying to say. when you use reshuffle every card in your deck minus the reshuffle card comes back, if you have the bad juju cloaked or not it doesn't matter. What I am try to say is that whether bad juju is cloaked or not everyone knows what has been casted because of the action of casting. The wizard jumps loses 300 health and the opponent gets a "-0%??" on him. As all the cloaked spells have the same action therefore this one should be casted the same way.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to explain clearly the fact that cloaking a spell makes an extra copy of itself upon reshuffle. Otherwise cloaking a Bad Juju spell is useless.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
can you guys guide me on how to get the bad juju i really need help

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i can see what the other poster is trying to say and i somewhat agree and disagree cause its kinda underhanded to have to stare down someones health to see a health cost being paid.At the same time i can understand that everyone knows what bad juju is weather its cloaked or not so its kinda not fair to cloak it either.