Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP is Ruined

AuthorMessage
Champion
Oct 30, 2011
If you are losing, it is probably because you do not have the right gear, the right strategy, or both. One thing that i DO think is unfair is the matching system. My balance level 28 wizard is at about 1400 rank. I constantly get paired with level 40+ warlords. Once, I got paired with a level 49 captain. The match went instantly, so it would seem that it was fair. She had full commander gear, and OHKOed me with skeletal dragon. I get paired with level 52 privates, how did I get paired with a level 49 captain? Also, that was back when I only had less that 1250 rating. Another match: I was paired with a level 62 storm with something like 80 damage and 100 critical. (and 244 rating.) Even through a shield and 2 weaknesses, a leviathan did more than 800 damage. He then easily finished me off with a kraken next turn for 700 damage. With people this high level, it does not matter how much skill a person has. If you are second, you basically lose. They will hit right through your debuffs and kill you in a few rounds. If you are first, you have a chance, but not a good one. If you pull the wrong cards, the other person wins. The system should be based on a combination of level and rank, not just one or the other. If my rank gets high enough, I may be facing level 70-80 privates. This is extremely unfair. There is no way to escape this, because, at low level, you get paired with high levels. At max level, you won't be able to find many matches once you get high enough in rating. This matching system really needs to be fixed.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
1320Wraith on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Pvp is not "ruined"; This is just a lot of people who want the easy way out. Most crown gear has It's disadvantages; With my jade armor and +15% resist pet with extra 13% storm and fire and heartsteel, Yea I have 79% universal 92% fire storm resist, but my damage boost is zip, zero, nada. I have to use mythblade, Sharpened mythblade, time of legend, spirit blade, sharpened spirit blade, a bunch of traps, and shatter to get my basilisk to stand a chance; This has gotten me to just start settling for a 46% resist with my tricksy gear; If your fighting a resist person you just need to throw up enough shields and debuffs to mess up their buffing, and maybe have an earthquake or enfeeble spell ready; my best character for pvp is actually a commander death without crowns gear(I have an Ianthine from hatching that I don't think counts) level 33, That uses deathblade dragonblade Skeletal dragon feints; crowns are just there to give you a bit of an advantage that you can easily nullify by playing well; and as to the immune resist, maybe a little overpowered but immune is usually to storm and fire, If your one of those schools just use extraordinary and infallible with a prism, and you'll come up against about 40%-50% resist instead.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean
before pets were able to cast ya crown gear was nothen if you were good you were good. but having a pet that can cast deppending on the pet is like casting twice a turn and the spell cost no pips. i understand how much time and gold, crowns it takes to make one of the multi may cast but the point is there way over powered, they're spells cost no pips being able to attack and have your pet cast healing spells on you or your group is over powered. if you dont have one its like being in a battle that is 2v1 and some of these may cast spells are above the wizards lvl. when may cast came about pets should have been no trade if they have may cast as a stat. bottom line may cast pets are not a bit of advantage especially at lower lvls. i would like to see something done about this just like stun was a problem years ago so if any dev is reading this please do something about it.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
I do agree. I am a level 73wizard and out of 10 games of 2v2 id win 1. Crown people do get a advantage with crowns and now in tournaments you have to have crowns to play in them. But wit pets any of them can be good. I got my level 68 quest pet berzerk kraken and have it giving me +4 storm power might cast stormblade,stormtrap,and storm sheild (with alot of training)and I think my pet is sufficiant.

Any way crown any way I faised this low level ice wizard. About that battle was the only battle I ever was outsmarted in becouse she had strategie. that was when I was level 50 and now i cant get a fair game. I now I lost to a person that made my leviathin do the damage of a kraken.

and to the players are saying were complaining. Were giving ideas to make wizard 101 better. well thats all I havet say

soon to be lowest pvp number ever
Storm master level 78user and I cant remember my name on the game

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
I agree. if you have money you can do anything in this game and if you don't have money you will be messed up all the way. mega pets with 15 resist and damage is unfair.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I kinda don't like to pvp anymore because peoples resist are way too high and the overuse of storm shields.
Jeffrey Ravenblade Level 78
Chris Iceflame Level 71

Cody Nightgrove Level 43

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Please do something to help higher level myth. We are very underpowered in pvp. We have no way to remove blades from someone without losing our own blades. The rest of the world uses earth, but we can't, without losing all our buffs. We can get the enfeeble card through gear or pet, but that is only one for the whole match. Talos (and other myth minions) are way to weak against level ninety opponents. He is killed in one hit by almost anyone other than another myth. People with my mastery have a huge advantage over myth itself because we cannot debuff someone without debuffing ourselves.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Okay, I just fought a death Jade noob. He had on the full jade armor, which allowed him to cast the death spell that puts the -90 charm on you while taking less than 100 damage and minimal pips. He put 9 on me through a reshuffle. While doing this, he trap stacked (ugh yes, the most unfair thing in pvp that KI needs to do something about). Because there is no way to remove trap stacks (that are school specific) they can just build them up over time, keeping you hitting at -90 until they can kill you with the trap stack. Its rediculous, takes over an hour, and then they shatter and hit. There is really no way to defend it. Please fix this. Even with cleanse ward and empower it won't remove the right ones, especially when it adds 3 at a time and cleanse only removes one. combine the track stacking with Jade and its not really winnable. Please help.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
i agree i'm a lvl 72 life and a lvl 55 balance killed me cause he had nothing but crown gear. crown hat, robes, boots, wand, pet, ring, anthem everything. i think its unfair allowing them to use all crown gear in pvp and add tc to that and its extremely unfair cause you just can't kill them

him using all that with like 60 resist somehow i didnt stand a chance against him even that i was alot higher on lvl than him he still destroyed me

pls KI fix this to where there is a limit on how much crown gear you can wear thank you and have a good day

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
death bringer73 on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
i agree i'm a lvl 72 life and a lvl 55 balance killed me cause he had nothing but crown gear. crown hat, robes, boots, wand, pet, ring, anthem everything. i think its unfair allowing them to use all crown gear in pvp and add tc to that and its extremely unfair cause you just can't kill them

him using all that with like 60 resist somehow i didnt stand a chance against him even that i was alot higher on lvl than him he still destroyed me

pls KI fix this to where there is a limit on how much crown gear you can wear thank you and have a good day
Crown gear is meant to be better. The only good crown gear for high levels is the jade gear and pack wands.....
Tc are extremely viable in pvp and your at a disadvantage without them.

~ My only thought to this is they need a resist cap of 80% for the arena, maybe add more pierce.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I Agree, I'm A LvL 78 Warlord, with around 1.2k Rating, I've been pvping A whole lot the past few weeks, and i've noticed that PVP Is Unfair, Now if i want to 1v1 I have to fight against some Immune Dummies That just make fun of me.. I Do Use converts, i wouldnt fall that easily, but all they do is spam heal shield, till i ran out of cards!!! I Use reshuffles, Yes! But My problem is, there shouldnt have immunes in PVP, It's unfair for their opponent, Now, The Moment i see a lvl 90 immune, making fun off me.. I'm just fleeing, I'm done with pvp, Maybe get Storm Owl then return :P!

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
I agree PVP has been ruined with people cheating, and spamming T.C., low levels shouldn't be play pvp at a low level like that and with the T.C. and over breading pets for extra resist is way too over powering, yesterday my friend was doing pvp and he lost to a lvl, 15. Thats not fair at all just because of rank they should be fighting the level requirement also lower levels shouldn't be able to PVP. I havent seen so many low level PVP warlords in my entire life. I think PVP has been ruined.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
I have a problem with immune and espically Jade Gear now i know what you might be thinkinitbig deal but it is with the right pet and other gear the highest resist it can go to that i saw woth all that includingJade Gear is 80% to all schools and for incoming and outgoing heals highest it went is about 60%.
Today i saw a person that claims to be the best wizard in the world and i found out the reason was because he had Jade Gear and other gear and pet that had resist and well he was immune to fire please Kingslsle ban Jade Gear and immune. Its unfair for the opponet
thatdont have it if you want i can make

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
crown people always win so I would do pvp for just arena tickets

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
It is ridiculous to face crown shop wizards. I myself am no match for a level 45 wizard and i am 62 .
Not everyone can buy crowns so it's not fair to those who want to play the "free game" and lose every time. I am 19 and 46 in the first age. 1 and 3 now.

Lucas Trollpants 61

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Survivor
May 12, 2012
pvp is pretty tough now then when i started. when i do a pvp i am usually against a warlord with high resist and a mega pet that keeps healing, also i am just a private so once i do a pvp i am against you know, a warlord.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
chase myththief123 on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
it is ruined from people with money
and cheaters so its about time for this to stop

chase mythief 35

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Listen kingsisle I am a lvl fifty private and I always get paired with a lvl twenty or lvl thirty warlord. I am tired of this! pairing privates with warlords is a TERRIBLE IDEA and I highly recommend that you fix this immediately! warlords get crazy resist, accuracy, extra damage, stun resist etc and privates get ZERO!!! my pvp record is destroyed because of this!!!

Survivor
May 15, 2009
I love all the replies!! Woo! Well, my biggest problem is low levels with high level Treasure Cards. That is unfair. I do not like getting paired with level 80's that one shot me with Efreet. It's also crazy because there are way too many Level 5's in the leaderboard

Survivor
Oct 27, 2008
Pvp is not unfair, people just need to get better strategies

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Natalie IceRiver on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I love all the replies!! Woo! Well, my biggest problem is low levels with high level Treasure Cards. That is unfair. I do not like getting paired with level 80's that one shot me with Efreet. It's also crazy because there are way too many Level 5's in the leaderboard
seriously you don't have good enough strategy to beat them before they get that many pips or maybe use a shield?

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
katherinetp7777 on Jul 14, 2013 wrote:
Pvp is not unfair, people just need to get better strategies
Sure, ice being immune to 2 school, having 50 universal resist, 5000 health is sooooo not unfair...And people having 70+ resist to ALL schools is certainly not unfair either....

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Natalie IceRiver on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
I agree with everything EXCEPT this. Treasure cards are not unfair, as you can use them as much as they can. If we took out treasure cards and a warlord level 28 is paired with a veteran level 42 captain, the level 28 has no chance without treasure cards. You can also dispel and shield. And if they were unfair, they probably would of all been level restricted or banned a long time ago.