Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP is Ruined

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
Ok I'm sorry if what I said sounded a bit offensive about the whole, "stop pvping if you don't like it". All of you are right. In one way or another, pvp is a bit lopsided. I've a lvl 10 fire warlord who fights lvl 25+. Do I like it? No not really because it's unfair to me to be fighting those high level people. So I can see your arguments as to why pvp is unfair. You can also assume that this is the reason why people use tcs in low level pvp as well. I had a lvl 10 or something use a chimera tc on me this morning so yea it's messed up

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
shadow1597130 on May 20, 2013 wrote:
Ok I'm sorry if what I said sounded a bit offensive about the whole, "stop pvping if you don't like it". All of you are right. In one way or another, pvp is a bit lopsided. I've a lvl 10 fire warlord who fights lvl 25+. Do I like it? No not really because it's unfair to me to be fighting those high level people. So I can see your arguments as to why pvp is unfair. You can also assume that this is the reason why people use tcs in low level pvp as well. I had a lvl 10 or something use a chimera tc on me this morning so yea it's messed up
I agree with you~ my level 22 fire sergeant used to fight people who were level 30+ and had 1) full commander set or 2) crowns gear; neither is fair.

I haven't been back to the arena since the '2nd age' took effect~ all it did was give even more leverage to those who spend real money, and the jade-turtle problem is now a plague we'll never get rid of. PVP has always been broken~ there's no way to "un-break" it, and limiting Reshuffle to one use wasn't the answer.

-von
1st-age PvP sergeant

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Jenna Ice on May 15, 2013 wrote:
PVP- What Jenna (Level 45) Thinks
Hi! I am an ice wizard and I think PVP is ruined! I'll tell you a few reasons why:
1.) now, in the 2nd age, there is too much base on level. I get a warlord that is now only about 5 levels below me.
2.) The new level 50-60 gear that they came out with is very overpowering
3.) People with crowns who have money to buy mega snacks and armor always beat other people. Isn't PVP also about skill?
I used to be a commander and now I can't get past a veteran! It is upsetting that this happened.

Cheers,
Jenna
pvp is not ruined just level up and farm for good gear all you need to win is skill and the right team and enchantments from cl like this school and this if they got a lot of resist cl spells can fix that with just the right skill and team and pet training you can beat warlords that got crowns gear crowns pet crowns wands

dustin battlewrairth soon to be warlord

Survivor
May 17, 2012
my issue is this, they made reshuffle a one time use and spirit guardian limitless? come on. i kill someone in pvp 3x in a row and i lose cause they have a spell they can cast to come back to life every time? HOW IS THAT FAIR?

i dont mind the spell its a school spell but so is reshuffle. so if they should limit the amount of times a spell can be used then i think that guardian spirit should be one of those spells. if you die then you die. life already has the advantage with all the heals. i think it is a joke and takes the fun out of PVP when someone can't be beat cause they come back FOUR TIMES after you've killed them.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
ya ki has made it way to unfair if you don't drop tons of money on crowns gear and now with the new tournament
update that costs crowns to enter is making w101 too geared towards crowns, when i join last year there wasn't
any jade gear so ya i definitely think pvp and wizard is being ruined by crowns.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I agree they have too much of an advantage I have some crown stuff but not a lot and they cheat using treasure cards the whole time!

Cheyenne stormhuunter

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
scarlet firehaven on May 22, 2013 wrote:
my issue is this, they made reshuffle a one time use and spirit guardian limitless? come on. i kill someone in pvp 3x in a row and i lose cause they have a spell they can cast to come back to life every time? HOW IS THAT FAIR?

i dont mind the spell its a school spell but so is reshuffle. so if they should limit the amount of times a spell can be used then i think that guardian spirit should be one of those spells. if you die then you die. life already has the advantage with all the heals. i think it is a joke and takes the fun out of PVP when someone can't be beat cause they come back FOUR TIMES after you've killed them.
I agree there needs to be an adjustment to the Guardian Spirit spell. I say if you kill someone five times, that's it, you are dead.

Even more fair would be to nerf one spell from each school besides balance to Treasure Card status, since balance had a trained spell nerfed to a treasure card.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
i agree, i only got my wizard to corporal is that i battled a friend that LET me win, it was fun though! Also, i always say that noobs only use treasure cards, its hilarious!

Alyssa Iceblade Level 4 soon to be veteran :)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
crunkatog on May 10, 2013 wrote:
You meant to say, "It's easier to win with money than with skill"

With money you can

--join a pvp clan and instantly tap into a flawless pedigree pool of SPUDF pets
--rip tons of packs and gift cards for crowns gear
--tap into mercenary services for your gardening, item farming, and crafting needs
--gift people to puppet with you so you can rank up fast without having to level up in the game

As it turns out, having money and having skill are not mutually exclusive. So not every level 10 PVP warlord is a clueless brat whose parents have deep pockets.

Some of them are folks who already went through the game the hard way (see above) and learned from their experience. Rather than reinvent the wheel, they are connecting with clans and spending money to save themselves time and get peace of mind.

If you're fresh out of Unicorn Way and don't know anyone, it seems unfair. But you don't know the backstory.

As for noobs spamming tc, think of the spells you have access to at level 7 and tell me you could finish off even a level 10 with them. Not gonna happen. tc finishers are a fact of life below level 80.
I wish I had a PvP clan with SPUDF pets xD I'd be really happy. My pet that I commonly use is Lola, the carnation pixie (manly I know) it has 9% resist and MC fairy and sprite. Sounds OP but there are worse pets.

Farming: sure it takes time, but if you put just a couple of battles into it it'll never happen. Count up what you need to fight the boss BEFORE you fight him/her. Like feint TC and things like that. Or for a level 5-10 you can farm nightshade which if you have a 60+ character with ANY aoe you can farm him. And get 7-8 resist from a set of gear. People sometimes complain about heartsteel. But..wait..world rocker...wait for it.. you can farm for that too!! Happy day! or buy it with only 260 crowns, not bad in my opinion.

Good luck in the arena,
Wolf Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade

P.S. Crunkatog this is not meant directly for you but more to the community, quoted you as an example of good points!

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
people got to stop complaining about things that aren't broken. All the gear can either be crafted or dropped the only difference being jade gear and you can just get crown seeds as drops if you want megas for pet training so bad the mechanics are fairly stable the only thing remotely broken is the jade gear at higher levels and even then it can be beaten by other gear with less defense if you have skill. As for the money aspect that only gets you access to jade gear and the best wands honestly.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
I agree but with the right strategy, you can get them! Let me advise against 2v2 because since I'm a Myth they spam stun and weakness and dispels and attacks on me so I don't earthquake. And the less of a difference you make in losing/winning the match the more you lose or the more you win. Aka, I was once a high sergeant but moved down to a high corporal.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Puppeting: still not fixed, if anything, worse than ever now that Second Age reset people's stats.

Skill and level mismatching: No attempt whatsoever to match players based on pvp skill (Pvt - Warlord ladder rank) as well as wizard level.

I did my first 2v2 pvp match and was teamed with someone half my level. Both of us are private rank, both the opponents were current-age pvp warlords. We downed one opponent but his opponent's pet healed him and from then on it was a hilarious orgy of pet healing coming from the other side, behind tc towers and cloaked elemental shields. Within two turns they had healed to full behind a load of shields. Then out came the tc dragon and the one legit trained monstrous frost giant to finish us off in one turn.

After the battle they accused us of puppeting because I was level 68 and my ally was level 37.

I allowed my friend and teammate to drag me into one more match, and to nobody's surprise, one of our opponents was the balance opponent from the previous match, paired with a new pvp warlord ice magus. They wasted no time in wallpapering themselves behind a dense thicket of storm shields (these were standalones and not part of elemental/volcanic shield, they would have had to know beforehand to do this) and we took a very early empowered Ra and then a tc frost giant for lethal.

After this loss we again got our noses rubbed in our "puppet fail" and I simply left in disgust.

My ally continued to play 1v1 and found himself grossly mismatched: one round he faced a level 11 kid who folded like a card table, the next a 56 storm warlord who cast a menagerie of tc myth minions before quaking and then monstrous triton for the win.

Not fixed - if anything, a complete scam.

Explorer
May 18, 2010
PvP is not ruined. Some of you just want the easy way to rank up.

There are some very skilled people who can win a PvP with the least crown gears.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Oh please quit complaining, you have access to the same pets and same stats. Also, you don't need crowns gear to win in pvp, my myth got warlord in the first age with bazaar gear. Now i have full commander gear, which you earn by hard work.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
hehehe i gotta admit they may only use resist gear but it is fair they spent hard money on it (even though they are just wasting their money rofl) it is fair so why not just quit ranked pvp and don't say you want that commander robe invincibility cape (I know that's not the right order and i know it's more words) because why not just buy the prestigous robe, you can barley tell the difference.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
i totally agree with a lot of you. i lost to a level 30 warlord and i am a level 50 private. warlords get ALL of the advantages in pvp. while us privates get NOTHING KI thinks they solved the problem by putting high level people who have low rank with low level people with high ranks. But they just made it worse by doing that. i am almost under 400 pvp rank now because of this. How many of you agree about this

plz reply

Explorer
May 18, 2010
chopper99933 on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
hehehe i gotta admit they may only use resist gear but it is fair they spent hard money on it (even though they are just wasting their money rofl) it is fair so why not just quit ranked pvp and don't say you want that commander robe invincibility cape (I know that's not the right order and i know it's more words) because why not just buy the prestigous robe, you can barley tell the difference.
I didn't even know there was any differences between the Prestigious robe and Commander robe (Not even going to try to say it, lol)

Survivor
May 15, 2009
warlordperfection on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Oh please quit complaining, you have access to the same pets and same stats. Also, you don't need crowns gear to win in pvp, my myth got warlord in the first age with bazaar gear. Now i have full commander gear, which you earn by hard work.
I never meant to complain. Actually, I don't have the same CROWN pets. When did stating my opinion about something being ruined become complaining. PvP is great. Some of the people pvping...aren't so great.

Peace,

Natalie IceRiver, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
Natalie IceRiver on May 4, 2013 wrote:
So I decided to get back into PvP a few days ago. Bad idea. People with crowns gear and mega pets are WAY too overpowered. They also have too much 'resist gear'. Hmmm, unfair......
I agree. When i PVP i lose most of the time because the people I vs have all crown gear and better gear and pet than me. I think you should vs people your own rank.

Blaze LightGlade

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

If you think other wizards have better advanced gear than you, why not get better advanced gear yourself? Then again, you can always choose to stop doing PVP if you think the "unfairness" is bothering you so much.

Thanks,
Miranda Thundergem

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
I agree ENTIRELY on this subject. even during the first age I was with a level 43 live character who was the best strategically approved life I've known, who only uses TC if the opponent does. I my self am a level 43 balance character, who can also dish it out pretty well, from my opinion. and one time we were against an actual PROMETHEAN. and just some low leveled guy who was just his mouth piece. why people do this? I will never know. but this was during the 1st age, so I hope it's a little better during this age

sincerely, Blake DragonMancer,, a soon to be leader of the order of the dragons blade.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
yea pvp is ruined i vs a lvl tenth with my lvl 16wiard and this guy used kracken ,ninja pigs, all kinds of tc

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
before pvp had problems with stuns who ever started first most likely won. now you have lvl 10s in resist to all and pets that can cast 4 diffrent spells way way op. there is no way a lvl 10 should be able to kill a lvl 29. if your not a twink in the game as a low lvl no point in pvp. if your a high lvl and dont have the hybrid op multi cast pet dont see a point either. another decent game fallen to rich kids thanks devs

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree 100% with you. Its now common to see people with 70 universal resist to all In the jade gear, with mega insane healing boosts, its really insane.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Pvp is not "ruined"; This is just a lot of people who want the easy way out. Most crown gear has It's disadvantages; With my jade armor and +15% resist pet with extra 13% storm and fire and heartsteel, Yea I have 79% universal 92% fire storm resist, but my damage boost is zip, zero, nada. I have to use mythblade, Sharpened mythblade, time of legend, spirit blade, sharpened spirit blade, a bunch of traps, and shatter to get my basilisk to stand a chance; This has gotten me to just start settling for a 46% resist with my tricksy gear; If your fighting a resist person you just need to throw up enough shields and debuffs to mess up their buffing, and maybe have an earthquake or enfeeble spell ready; my best character for pvp is actually a commander death without crowns gear(I have an Ianthine from hatching that I don't think counts) level 33, That uses deathblade dragonblade Skeletal dragon feints; crowns are just there to give you a bit of an advantage that you can easily nullify by playing well; and as to the immune resist, maybe a little overpowered but immune is usually to storm and fire, If your one of those schools just use extraordinary and infallible with a prism, and you'll come up against about 40%-50% resist instead.

Mason ShadowwraithPromethean