Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gargoyle missing from the Phoenix Hoard Pack?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2012
Just spent 27,000 crowns on purchasing the Phoenix Hoard Pack and I didn't get the Gargoyle pet or the two person mount. I got everything else, just not these two items. Are they removed from the pack?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RED DEATH on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Just spent 27,000 crowns on purchasing the Phoenix Hoard Pack and I didn't get the Gargoyle pet or the two person mount. I got everything else, just not these two items. Are they removed from the pack?
Random means just that, as does "chance" of winning a pet or mount. Pets and mounts are ultra-rare. there is never a guarantee you will get any one thing from these packs.
And no, they have not been removed.

Survivor
May 25, 2013
It's a HOARD pack What did you expect

Now here is the reason why hoard packs are horrible.
I wanted to get the Mummy cat pet from the pack in the title. I spend $20 on crowns. I bought a 359 Crowns Skyvern Hoard pack, a 350 crowns hairstyle, something else and the rest on Phoenix hoard packs. No Mummy cat pet.
Great job Ki. Just great.

Tyler Deathsong level 10

P.S. KI, please stop making horrible hoard packs.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
boy Deathsong on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:

I wanted to get the Mummy cat pet from the pack in the title. I spend $20 on crowns. I bought a 359 Crowns Skyvern Hoard pack, a 350 crowns hairstyle, something else and the rest on Phoenix hoard packs. No Mummy cat pet.

Tyler Deathsong level 10

As RavenLady has responded to the OP, it is RANDOM. You may or may not get what you are after. If you pay attention to what is being posted about the Hoard packs, you will see that CHANCE is noted.

KI is not going to stop making these packs as they are an income source and a lot of players do buy them.

The trick to this is to know WHEN you need to stop. I buy very few of them at any given time. I have more important things to spend real cash on so don't buy more than $10 worth of crowns a couple of times a year.

If you want to be angry at someone, then be angry at yourself. KI did not twist your arm and make you buy them. Use common sense. Limit yourself to a specific number of packs and stick to it.

Survivor
May 25, 2013
DragonLady1818 on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
As RavenLady has responded to the OP, it is RANDOM. You may or may not get what you are after. If you pay attention to what is being posted about the Hoard packs, you will see that CHANCE is noted.

KI is not going to stop making these packs as they are an income source and a lot of players do buy them.

The trick to this is to know WHEN you need to stop. I buy very few of them at any given time. I have more important things to spend real cash on so don't buy more than $10 worth of crowns a couple of times a year.

If you want to be angry at someone, then be angry at yourself. KI did not twist your arm and make you buy them. Use common sense. Limit yourself to a specific number of packs and stick to it.
from http://www.duelist101.com/news/updates/pharaohs-hoard-pack-wizard101/.
  • Anthony FireSword
    "It's a hoard pack, what do you expect? They all only have like one or 2 things worth it:
    Raven's, Hydra, Shaman, Keeper, Yuletide, Pharaoh: Defensive wands
    Hydra: ENERGY gear
    Shaman, Yuletide, Phoenix: Offensive wands
    Keeper: Resist Gear
    Yuletide, Pharaoh: ONE certain pet talent
    Ninja, Knight, Keeper, Shaman: Spells
    Pretty much sums it up. The packs are solely for money making as I see it. As listed above, a few good things are enough to make people (admittedly myself included. I did get deer knight for my death wizard, but not worth the 10,000+ crowns) waste thousands of crowns just to get cheap reagents that can be obtained in-game, or housing items that can be bought at the bazaar. The whole pack thing is just based purely temptation driven. Psychologically 'persuading' customers to buy more for a CHANCE at getting the good stuff. Upselling at its finest."

and I completly agree with it.

Tyler Deathsong level 10

One pet talent to get from the pharaoh hoard pack. Just wow.

• Survivor
    Aug 03, 2012
    Totally agree that it is a chance. However, there should be a set chance for the item and guaranteed. For example, if the gargoyle pet has a 10% chance, then once I purchase ten packs and do not get it, KI should give it to me. Spending $27 and not getting it seems like a rip off.

Defender
    Aug 12, 2012
    RED DEATH on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
    Totally agree that it is a chance. However, there should be a set chance for the item and guaranteed. For example, if the gargoyle pet has a 10% chance, then once I purchase ten packs and do not get it, KI should give it to me. Spending $27 and not getting it seems like a rip off.
    like Ravenlady said, it is a chance! Use the Life school for example. They have the lowest fizzle rate at 90% as there lowest chance to work. I have casted 90% life spells many times, and only about three times has it fizzled. So it is likely you won't get the gargoyle. But even yet, It's less than 10% because of all the items it gives. It's like the lottery. You are very likely to not get what you want. And like DragonLady1818 said, Don't spend so much money on packs. While she may recommend no more than $10, I recommend no more than 3 packs. If it's a chance, than don't spend that much money on it. It's most likely going to end up with you not having what you want.

Tip: Treat it like the lottery. No more than one or two a day.

-Nathaniel Redflame level 44

Defender
    Feb 16, 2010
    i got it on my first try.

Explorer
    Dec 20, 2012

Tyler Deathsong level 10

Dude, you are terribly uninformed, the Mummy Cat pet is in the PHAROAHS hoard pack, you just lost close to $20 off of not knowing something.

Alyssa IceBlade

Corporal of

Defender
    Feb 16, 2010
    jack skullbreeze on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
    i got it on my first try.
    the gargoyle and the weapon is what i mean. and yes i know im quoting myself so sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont ( the gargoyle pet isn't worth it, so stop wasting your crowns to get him. )
    oh ya he does give a few spells though 8)
    jack skullbreeze

Survivor
    Aug 03, 2012
    jack skullbreeze on Jul 10, 2013 wrote:
    the gargoyle and the weapon is what i mean. and yes i know im quoting myself so sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont ( the gargoyle pet isn't worth it, so stop wasting your crowns to get him. )
    oh ya he does give a few spells though 8)
    jack skullbreeze
    Thanks Jack for rubbing it in and the head's up!

The reason why I wanted the Gargoyle pet cause it has pain as a first generation talent. However, I just ended up hatching with someone who had pain and got it that way.

Explorer
    Apr 10, 2010
    It is still there. I got one a few weeks ago. remember it is random.

Sabrina Daisyrunnner

Survivor
    Apr 02, 2011
    Best thing to do is set your limit and stick to it. It is completely random. I spent way more than 27,000 crowns trying to get the night wyvern, way way more. Finally did get it but it took a while and a lot of crowns. One bonus is I sold a lot of stuff and built up my gold which I used to hatch pets to try and get some of my fave pets improved and I have tons of reagents in my shared bank so crafting has been a cinch.

Mastermind
    Feb 06, 2010

Tyler Deathsong level 10

You mean Pharoh's hoard pack? That is what drops mummy cat. And that cat is very powerful so it needs to be rare. Now RED DEATH, it is so random. KI is a little evil in that way. I have a limit to packs: 5 max per character. A limit helps. Randomness for the good stuff is how KI makes like $1,000 a day or so. I got a sea dragon from dragon's hoard and I got lucky. Luck is how KI does this.